Couples match worries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glaados

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
SO and I are matching medicine (me) and peds (her). So far I have 10 interviews, she has a little more. But only ~5 are in the same cities. How concerned should we be at this point? We've gotten no love from any major cities with multiple programs (NY, Chicago, Boston), which is part of the problem.

I should add: we are both AMGs from a highly regarded school. Neither of us is AOA. Neither received honors in our respective specialties.

My interviews are listed here:
Case
USF
UF
UAB
Vandy
UPMC
MUSC
BUMC
UCSD
OSU

Would appreciate any advice. Feel like we've done relatively well at getting interviews, but not in the same places.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should be making calls to the relevant programs. You should be calling programs she hasn't been invited to and vice versa. That will likely net you each 2-5 more interviews. And since the AMG interview/match curve tops out around 9, you'll probably be fine. Other than that, besides being smart about making your rank lists, there's not much more useful information out there.

SO and I are matching medicine (me) and peds (her). So far I have 10 interviews, she has a little more. But only ~5 are in the same cities. How concerned should we be at this point? We've gotten no love from any major cities with multiple programs (NY, Chicago, Boston), which is part of the problem.

I should add: we are both AMGs from a highly regarded school. Neither of us is AOA. Neither received honors in our respective specialties.

My interviews are listed here:
Case
USF
UF
UAB
Vandy
UPMC
MUSC
BUMC
UCSD
OSU

Would appreciate any advice. Feel like we've done relatively well at getting interviews, but not in the same places.

Did you both apply to UW????

Members don't see this ad :)
You should be making calls to the relevant programs. You should be calling programs she hasn't been invited to and vice versa. That will likely net you each 2-5 more interviews. And since the AMG interview/match curve tops out around 9, you'll probably be fine. Other than that, besides being smart about making your rank lists, there's not much more useful information out there.

Is calling or email preferred? And is there a specific way I should word my requests? I don't want to seem like I'm demanding anything.