Couples Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

megz0125

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any personal experience with using the couples match for ERAS? In particular, I'm wondering about a couple that is composed of an osteopathic student AND an allopathic student. Seems complicated :oops:(

Members don't see this ad.

I'm doing exactly what you mention above. It is no different then two allopathic students couples matching, at least in terms of ERAS/NRMP. The decision needs to be made whether the osteopathic student will apply to osteopathic programs because you cannot couples match with one individual entering the osteo match and the other the allopathic. My SO decided to apply to osteo programs on the off chance she didn't get any allopathic interviews. Of course when she got enough to feel comfortable with matching allopathically, she withdrew from the osteo match, and we are now couples matching allopathically.

There are numerous threads on the logistics of couples matching. This is a good one for the algorithm.