Courses for next semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiddynamite914

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. So I have picked out my courses for next semester. I was wondering if anyone has any insight on my courses or any overall opinion of the courses I am taking.

The courses are:
Systems Neuroscience: 4 credits
Pharmacology II (haven't taken pharm I, but apparently you can take it w/o taking pharm I): 3 credits
Honors Cognitive Neuroscience: 4 credits
Neurobiology of Disease: 2 credits
Research for credit: 2-3 credits

Would anyone recommend picking up another class?
I am thinking of Neuroeconomics (2 credits) or Readings in Cancer Biology (2 credits)

Would anyone recommend a science course that they really enjoyed or that helped with med schools for me to take sometime down the road? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, your school has an incredible array of classes. I've never even heard of Neuroeconomics before. Seriously wish I had access to a quarter of the classes you have.

15 credits is generally solid. It's up to you whether or not you think you can handle the two extra credits. Just be aware of your drop deadline and be prepared to drop if you can't keep up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would do classes in order. Sure you can do pharmacology II before I, but I think I should be done before II. That's always been my impression. There's been a few classes like that for me that I've decided to take in order, and I'm glad I did it. Definitely don't pick up an additional class.

Reactions: 1 user
Where on Earth is this school???!? Cool classes. Your schedule sounds solid though, I would stick with what you've got!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I would do classes in order. Sure you can do pharmacology II before I, but I think I should be done before II. That's always been my impression. There's been a few classes like that for me that I've decided to take in order, and I'm glad I did it. Definitely don't pick up an additional class.

Is there a reason why? I'm planning on going out of order because of graduation timing?

Where on Earth is this school???!? Cool classes. Your schedule sounds solid though, I would stick with what you've got!!!!

It's a large state school in the Big 10 lol. Would you recommend any other classes within the biological sciences?

Is there a reason why? I'm planning on going out of order because of graduation timing?

It's a large state school in the Big 10 lol. Would you recommend any other classes within the biological sciences?

Is it located in Michigan and feature a team that's going to lose on Thursday?

Not this semester, but maybe sometime later you might find anatomy and physiology helpful for med school (if you haven't taken it already, of course!!!)

Is it located in Michigan and feature a team that's going to lose on Thursday?

Nope lol! But its a team in the Big10 that is in a down year in basketball but has been to back to back final 4's. Also, plays a Pac12 team in a bowl game later today. ;)

Not this semester, but maybe sometime later you might find anatomy and physiology helpful for med school (if you haven't taken it already, of course!!!)

Would you recommend Animal or Human physiology? I know in my school the professor that teaches Animal physiology gets high remarks. Thanks!

Nope lol! But its a team in the Big10 that is in a down year in basketball but has been to back to back final 4's. Also, plays a Pac12 team in a bowl game later today. ;)

So...Wisconsin

Would you recommend Animal or Human physiology? I know in my school the professor that teaches Animal physiology gets high remarks. Thanks!

Human physio. would be more useful for med school, but go for animal if you're interested. I would go with the former though, because I saw another poster on here today say that it helped immensely once med school had begun