Courses Included in AACPMAS GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrjbb

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a search and couldn't come up with anything. I also called AACPM and the guy I talked to couldn't answer my question.

Over 10 years ago I took 3 college prep courses at a CC . I've finally gotten a hold of the transcripts and see that I was given F's since I withdrew after the allowed withdrawal date.

My understanding (from the CC) is that these grades do not count towards your GPA nor do they actually count as college credit since they are pre-requisites for College Algebra.

Given that information, and given how they're listed as "College Prep" on the transcripts, would these courses count against my Aacpmas GPA?

P.S. These are the only courses I ever attempted or took at this specific school, therefore, my GPA is 0.00

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty sure they will count against your cGPA. Since they were intro classes they probably won't be counted against sGPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I talked to aacpmas last week about something similar. All your community college courses will count towards your GPA, regardless of whether the credits were transferred or not toward an university.

Thanks for the reply. However, this just doesn't make any sense. The courses were literally Pre-Algebra and I wasn't going to gain any college credit wether I passed them or not.

I heard that on the application you can add a course and choose wether it counted for college credit or not? Can someone confirm this?

Calculating those 2 prep courses into my GPA brings it down drastically despite having mostly A's and a few B's in all the pre-reqs. But I have one more WF in a science course which is probably why.

It's not like I can retake them either..I waited a few years enrolled in college algebra at a different institution and just passed it rather than continue to take any remedial or prep courses.