Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

courses on application

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by eyeluveyez, 07.04.12.

1. Thanks to Crack the OAT
  1. eyeluveyez

eyeluveyez

Pre-Optometry
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Under Special Classification,
    What do I put as class sit-in course?
    N/A or institutional/department Exam....

Thanks
  2. eyeluveyez

eyeluveyez

Pre-Optometry
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I don't understand why we have to manually insert our grade for each course work we took when we are submitting our transcripts to them, does anyone know why?

Do we also put classes we dropped? and when it ask for the major "if the course is required for our major" wouldn't all the courses be required (including the non-sciences courses) ...HELP
  3. namams

namams

Optometrist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Seriously? I don't mean to be rude but seriously?
  4. Optomchick

Optomchick

once again, there is a phone number on OptomCAS that would be happy to answer this.
  5. Optomchick

Optomchick

If you dropped it and have a "W" then yes, you have to list it, duh.
  6. eyeluveyez

eyeluveyez

Pre-Optometry
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    If it were a simple question then why are there two people responding with no answers -_-
  7. namams

namams

Optometrist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Because, if you are going to be an optometrist, you should have more than enough mental capacity to figure out answers to simple questions yourself.

It seems that the application is too complicated for you and therefore, we'll let it act as a filter.
  8. eyeluveyez

eyeluveyez

Pre-Optometry
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    when you communicate with people (or patients) in general, in public, or in forum, whether they ask you a hard or simple question, you should have the maturity to answer like an adult, I just want to make sure I fill the application out right because that just shows how serious I am and since there are others who are applying as well, might help them as well but again this forum comes across people like you. If you are not going to bother answering my question, then you didn't have to write anything....DUH! (common sense, people like you lack these days. smh!)

I could already tell what type of optometrist you're going to be.. *roll eyes* ...a great one *roll eyes* again.
  9. namams

namams

Optometrist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    If you are really so serious and you do want to fill the application out correctly, then call OptomCAS and ask them; don't ask on an anonymous forum where you won't find a definite answer. That is common sense people like you lack these days.

Also, I don't understand how you could have possibly gotten through years of university not knowing the difference between a course that contributes to your major and one that doesn't.

Tough love buddy...sometimes it pays to go through the effort of finding an answer for yourself.
    Last edited: 07.04.12
  10. Optomchick

Optomchick

I answered your question, yes you have to list dropped classes. You answered your own question, yes all classes that were for your major should be listed as for your major. *face-palm*
  11. Optomchick

Optomchick

I agree with Namnams on this, you don't understand that taking advice from strangers on the internet about your specific question over calling OptomCAS for accurate info is just plain dumb. Get over your phone-phobia and grow up.
  12. eyeluveyez

eyeluveyez

Pre-Optometry
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Wow I wonder if both of your lives are miserable enough to just start an argument on forums, just to feel satisfied.. seriously? get a life..or answer the dam the question.. end of this post, i have better things to do with my life.

Phone-phobia lol funny I work communicating through phone service
  13. luckyfeet

luckyfeet

If you don't want to answer the OPs question, isn't it easier to just not reply? If you are going to write a long paragraph anyways you might as well reply to the question.
  14. Blondiechick919

Blondiechick919

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I have stopped replying to OPs questions in general because most of them can be answered with an SDN search or calling someone. Obviously I'm not the only person who has gotten fed up, since we DO provide answers to the original question (yes you do need to put dropped classes) and ways to get more information. That's not one, but TWO helpful pieces of information that the last two posters gave and yet OP is still calling them childish and argumentative. Pot calling the kettle black. Don't start e-fights when you don't get the answers you want.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal