Coursework question and application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virtualmaster999

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I have a quick question. So on my AADSAS I had listed I was taking 20 credit hours. It includes:
-American pluralism
-classical myth
-social work
-anatomy 1
-genetics lab
-music 101
-neurobio

I called up schools early in August and let them know that I wouldn't be taking neurobio since I was planning to work to help out my family, and they were all cool with it since it's not a prereq.

I'm switching my American pluralism class with an online writing class since the professor doesn't want to count interviews as "excused" which would lower my grade. But I'm thinking of dropping the social work class I have listed because It requires a lot of work outside of class including volunteer hours.

Basically I'm going from 20-14 credit hours with dropping two classes. I just hope schools won't think I'm getting lazy. I don't need these classes I was just planning to take them out of interest, but with conflicts with my schedule, trying to help my family financially, and preparing for interviews, it might be too much. What do you guys think? I know planned coursework changes all the time.

Anything helps. Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Basically I'm going from 20-14 credit hours with dropping two classes. I just hope schools won't think I'm getting lazy.
Dude, don't worry about what the schools think! Since when has 14 credits been lazy?? That's a full class load!

Reactions: 1 users
You will be okay. You don't even need to bring that up until interviews. Those classes are not going to make or break your admission

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Dude, don't worry about what the schools think! Since when has 14 credits been lazy?? That's a full class load!
That's what I was thinking. I mean I usually take 14-16 and my gpa is really strong so hopefully they notice that, rather than how many credits I take.

You will be okay. You don't even need to bring that up until interviews. Those classes are not going to make or break your admission
Thanks much appreciated!