Cousin is giving me his medical books. What should I bring ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hunterx2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm going to be a D1 in a few weeks. My cousin is finishing med school and he gave me several boxes of his medical books and said I can take whatever I need for dental school. What should I bring ? I will be loading all my stuff in a small car along with my other belongings, clothes, etc, so I don't want to take it if I don't need it. Thanks.

I have these textbooks-
Clinically Oriented Anatomy (1200+ pages, really detailed, lots of drawings and text)
Netter's Anatomy (anatomy drawings, no text, 600 pgs)
Color Atlas of Anatomy (anatomy pictures, like ones in dissections, would probably come in handy if we had gross anatomy in DS, 600 pages)
Pathological Basis of Disease (2000 page monster of a book. Weighs 5 pounds !!!)
Histology a Text and Atlas (800 pages but softcover and not nearly as big as the other textbooks)
Neuroanatomy a Text and Atlas (small softcover textbook only 300 pages).
Human Physiology (looks like a nursing book but really nice booking 800 pages)
Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry (actually my book from undergrad, should I take with me ? 1100 pages)
Cell Biology (another undergrad book, 1000 pages)

And I have these review books, all of them together will actually fit in a small box.
Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple (seems like a handy little book, great Amazon reviews)
Lange Microbiology and immunology (similar to the above but longer and more detailed)
Lange Pathophysiology
Lange Physiology (1000 pages, bigger than other review books here)
Lange Pharmacology
Lippincott Pharmacology
Lippincott Biochemistry

Physiology board review (slim little volume, great reviews)
Neuroanatomy board review

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely: clinically oriented anatomy, netter's, atlas, histology text and atlas, clinical microbiology made simple, every BRS you can get including Costanzo's physiology.

You'll probably need pharm for D2. Maybe you can borrow it later but you probably won't be needing it for D1.

I used powerpoints for physiology and microbiology. I used the textbook for physiology in maybe 2 or 3 instances. does your school teach biochem? if yes, take lehninger/lippencott. For pathology, you have the larger reference textbook that pathology residents use. it's called "Big Robbins". What you need is "Baby Robbins" which is already detailed by itself but is much more condensed than Big Robbins.