CPJE Anxiety

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ojh1219

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took my CPJE on 11/20 and the wait is killing me! Felt like it was difficult and already counted 10-12 questions I got wrong...:confused:...It's only been three days and all I can think about is CPJE 75 75 75:(
Read on SDN about "checking" PSI exam website to see if you passed or not...can anybody tell me how to "check"? Thank you...Good luck to anyone who have already taken CPJE and waiting for result like me and all who will be taking the test soon!

Members don't see this ad.

I been reading your thread...Hopefully we'll hear a good news at the end of this wait...sigh :(

I took the CPJE on Nov. 18. I just checked the CA BOP and they began a QA on November 1st. The note said release of scores are delayed and we could have to wait til January or February!! That seems a little too extreme, right!?! Anyone know of someone that took the exam during a QA and how long it took for them to receive their results?

Took my CPJE on 11/20 and the wait is killing me! Felt like it was difficult and already counted 10-12 questions I got wrong...:confused:...It's only been three days and all I can think about is CPJE 75 75 75:(
Read on SDN about "checking" PSI exam website to see if you passed or not...can anybody tell me how to "check"? Thank you...Good luck to anyone who have already taken CPJE and waiting for result like me and all who will be taking the test soon!
ok

Members don't see this ad :)
Just kidding! Just called the boards and that message was posted an error. No QA going on for Nov. thank God! What a relief. My friend took it late October and got her results in exactly 30 days.

Just kidding! Just called the boards and that message was posted an error. No QA going on for Nov. thank God! What a relief. My friend took it late October and got her results in exactly 30 days.
OMG you freaked me out! I was trying to call BOP and couldn't get through and it sucked all the blood out if my body lol...pewww...good luck to all of us!!!!!!!

I felt the same way on mine x 2...I was hoping the result would come in today but...oh well...looking up the questions over n over due to anxiety...:hungover:
Good luck to all of us hopefully we'll hear a GOOD NEWS (come on 75+) next week..
Happy thanksgiving everyone:)

Heads up... My classmate just talked to the board of pharmacy this afternoon via phone. They mailed out CPJE result on Tuesday for the first batch of November test takers. If you took the exam in the first 2 weeks of November, watch the letter in the mail either today or Friday. Happy Thanksgiving.

Members don't see this ad :)
Completely surprised and angry

My friend still has not received the letter and lives in the Bay Area. When was the letter written what date was it mailed on the upper right corner do you know? Also does anyone else who lives in the Bay Area got the letter yet?

No result yet...getting exhausted from anxiety & wait...
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting...

I took the CPJE on Nov 4th, and it was my second attempt, and I still did not pass. My first time I took it in February 2012, and got 61, now 2nd time I got 71. 10 points higher than last time. I think if I got one more question right, I would have passed. I am confused on their grading criteria though. Here was my scores breakdown:

Area 1: Patient Medications (33% of the examination): 13.5 Very high Score
Area 2: Patient Outcomes (40% of the examination) 9.4 Very Low Score
Area 3: Pharmacy Operations (27% of the examination) 9.8 Very Low Score

Im assuming Area 1 patient medication is the clinical part of the exam, I have no clue what area 2 or area 3 is, can someone give me some insite on how to go about studying for those 2 areas?
This is embarrassing and disappointing considering that I am a licensed pharmacist in the state of Illinois and Florida. California is crazy!

Riverbrook im looking for a study partner, lets pass it for the last and final time bro :(

Can anyone tell me how to study for area 2 and area 3? Can anyone give me examples of those questions? If I got even slightly better on those 2 areas I would have passed.

74 on CPJE. Sick to my stomach
Oh my gosh!!! So sorry to hear that! So close!!!

I am awaiting my results. I have knots in my stomach as well. Does not help that this is the second time I am taking it--hence, the reason why I have been asking questions on how to study and where to focus on. I had no clue how to study for it this time around. I had a 73 the first time I took it and the test I took in November still somewhat caught me by surprise. I am just hoping for a 75. Just a 75! Anyhow, I hope other people have better results.

I took the CPJE on Nov 4th, and it was my second attempt, and I still did not pass. My first time I took it in February 2012, and got 61, now 2nd time I got 71. 10 points higher than last time. I think if I got one more question right, I would have passed. I am confused on their grading criteria though. Here was my scores breakdown:

Area 1: Patient Medications (33% of the examination): 13.5 Very high Score
Area 2: Patient Outcomes (40% of the examination) 9.4 Very Low Score
Area 3: Pharmacy Operations (27% of the examination) 9.8 Very Low Score

Im assuming Area 1 patient medication is the clinical part of the exam, I have no clue what area 2 or area 3 is, can someone give me some insite on how to go about studying for those 2 areas?
This is embarrassing and disappointing considering that I am a licensed pharmacist in the state of Illinois and Florida. California is crazy!

Yeah, kinda know the feeling. I am licensed in two states too, but my family is here in Cali...so hence the cpje and all the fees

Last edited:
Did anyone else who took the cpje in November get their results yet? I feel an ulcer developing. :( Well, good luck to everyone.

Did anyone else who took the cpje in November get their results yet? I feel an ulcer developing. :( Well, good luck to everyone.
Not yet...I feel your pain...ulcer, nightmares,depression,and slight alcoholism...looking over questions over and over...hope we pass...75!!!!!
Good luck to everyone!

Not yet...I feel your pain...ulcer, nightmares,depression,and slight alcoholism...looking over questions over and over...hope we pass...75!!!!!
Good luck to everyone!
Yeah, adding insomnia to the list. Funny, I am doing the same thing--looking over questions that I can remember. Feel like I missed a lot. :nailbiting: I know I counted at least 10 out of what I remember.

Well, hope we get enough scaled scores to pass!!! 75!!!

Ugh I am right there with you guys! Took the CPJE Nov 18 and still no mail!! I too have been having majority anxiety, nightmares, and have developed a slight alcoholism problem as well hahaha. I feel like I've been reading about more people failing than passing, too, which makes me more anxious! I'm hoping to get my results this weekend, and I hope the board sees its my bday this weekend and they're nice to me! Oh boy! Good luck to all that are waiting!!

Took on 11/30, earlier than planned to avoid the QA. Hope can get the results same time as you guys. Guess the board is getting score ready for everybody took before end of last month.

Got my CPJE result! I took it Nov 19 and found this letter in my mail just now. :) All the best to everyone!

Got my CPJE result! I took it Nov 19 and found this letter in my mail just now. :) All the best to everyone!
Great news!! I guess they are starting to release more November scores. Hope you passed, radialpulse!! All these messages of people missing it by a point or two is freaking me out!!! :drowning:

Still nahda for me, but then again I guess they have yet to release the last week of November. Hope everyone else who hasn't got their scores yet pass. Good luck!!!

Yeah! God is good! I passed,.. finally! lol Parents are visiting me this Monday so until then, I need to stay quiet and it's just so hard! Yeah, I guess results will be coming soon! I didn't know that there's mail during Saturdays! But hubby got it in the mail and he was jumping up and down on my behalf since he opened it WITHOUT me knowing! When I saw that green letter, I knew! This wasn't my first time to take it so I am really just ecstatic, sorry... I never knew this day will come! And I am just so relieved that it has. Good luck!!!

Yeah! God is good! I passed,.. finally! lol Parents are visiting me this Monday so until then, I need to stay quiet and it's just so hard! Yeah, I guess results will be coming soon! I didn't know that there's mail during Saturdays! But hubby got it in the mail and he was jumping up and down on my behalf since he opened it WITHOUT me knowing! When I saw that green letter, I knew! This wasn't my first time to take it so I am really just ecstatic, sorry... I never knew this day will come! And I am just so relieved that it has. Good luck!!!

I am so happy for you!!!! :) I definitely understand where you are coming from. The anxiety for you must have been awful. I am glad you got through this!

Well, as I was typing the last post, I got my results. How in the world did I get a much lower score than I did the first time I took it? Any suggestions and any study groups open online? I definitely have to do something different. Really upset and bummed and feel like I am going to throw up soon

Last edited:
It really was and it wasn't just me who was very anxious but pretty much all of my family. It's been a year of anxiety and I truly am glad it's over.

I can relate to your being upset. Sorry to hear about that, this was my third so I guess I don't need to elaborate on how I felt those two times AND in between...

Took my exam Nov 18 got my results yesterday....thank GOD I passed!!! Good luck to all those waiting or taking it soon.

Hey, for those of you who have taken the exam (and hopefully passed :) ) do you think 30 days is sufficient time to study for the CPJE? To paint a picture, I'm licensed in 2 states, completed PGY-1 and PGY-2, BCPP certified and working full time. I've got the experience but I'm specialized now so I fear this exam would be harder on me than someone fresh and smart out of school. Just trying to get a feel if I'm setting a reasonable goal time-frame. thanks.