CPJE April 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmdevs123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who took CPJE April 2014?? Have you gotten your results yet?? I know and just confirmed with Ca BOP that QA is still ongoing... I wonder how long that would take... This is torture!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I am wondering the same thing! My letter wasn't green, it was white, and didn't mention fees, and said the same thing about waiting up to two weeks for the final letter and pharmacist application. Would love to speed up the process if possible....any suggestions?

Congrats to everyone who passed!!! :)

I called the BoP. He told me that there is nothing I can do to expedite the process and that I had to wait to hear from the board. Also, yes it is $195.

Passed!!!!! Out of state. Green Envelope. Yes even though paper says $150, its $195 as of July 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
GOD has lisened to all the prayers of my friends on this FORUM and I received the GREEN letter, YES PASSED with 90.
All that wait paid off, since April 2nd

Now I am mailing $195 even though it says $150, make sure you guys do the same.

All those who didn't make it don't loose your heart, you will definitely make it next time, let me know if I can be of any help.

Thanks all, lets keep this thread alive for sometime and let other people get advantage from it.

Good Luck and make LOADS of MONEY

Reactions: 1 users
GOD has lisened to all the prayers of my friends on this FORUM and I received the GREEN letter, YES PASSED with 90.

All those who didn't make it don't loose your heart, you will definitely make it next time, let me know if I can be of any help.

Thanks all, lets keep this thread alive for sometime and let other people get advantage from it.

congrats!! Mine was one day before yours, and still nothing.

OMG, OMG, OMG I PASSED!!!!! First time taking the test and I passed it.:soexcited::soexcited:The green letter in my hands!! God is good. :claps::claps::highfive::highfive:California here I come:biglove:

Reactions: 1 users

Congratulations!!! Now all we have to do is get our license numbers and get jobs. For everyone who is still waiting, hang in there!!! For everyone who did not make it this time, don't give up! You will get it if you keep at it!

Congrats for all of you who passed.
Unfortunately I didn't , I got 72
Only scored 9 on pharmacy operation.
Any advise help highly appreciated.

Yeah, my sheet did not say anything about the fees. Mentioned that they need two weeks to mail me the final letter with the pharmacist application. I was an out-of-state applicant when I first applied for the test. Maybe that's why it is different? What does your pharmacist application look like? Wonder if I can find it on the website.

Another pass here too!!!!! White envelope, white letter - no mention of fees. Took the exam Apr.25. Is it because I'm already licensed in another state? No matter - first timer pass, CA here I come!!!:zip::zip::zip:

Members don't see this ad :)
All those who didn't make it don't loose your heart, you will definitely make it next time, let me know if I can be of any help.....

Congratulations to all of us that passed. Please spare a moment of your time and lend a hand to your friends who are trying to follow your way...
I am freaking out because the exam is coming in August and I score only about 60 percent with RXPREP questions online. Even though I pray every night for miracle, yet I can not quit my job to devote to studying only because of medical insurance and the minimum wage to survive. I am sure I will be a compassionate and caring pharmacist like my pharmacist friends. Would you please be kind and share with me how I should study to pass the exams? I truly sincerely appreciate your help in advance. I have little to offer, just my sworn oath to help the poor sick folks with open heart, when they come to my life with frail minds, without hesitations, every day and now.

Bless your heart,
Moly

[email protected]

Passed!! :)
Envelope was white, but it had a little window you can see through and the paper was green. 2 pages in the letter. The green one tells you, you passed and is the form to fill out and pay your fee to get your license. Then there is a white paper which tells you your score.
So for some people who have not gotten their score for the Naplex yet, In theory your paper may be white and still tell you, you passed. (Or the Board ran out of Green paper), so don't have a heart attack if you see a white paper through the window. (Another possibility is the person stuffing the envelope put it in backwards, (White page on top of the green one)

Nothing on the board or PSI website will give you a hint if you passed. I used to check verify pharmacist license on the Board site and Retest on the PSI website. Both will come up with nothing useful.

I'm so glad I found this forum.
It really seemed like contacting the governors office/Representatives of your districts helps push the board move faster.

I'm sorry to hear about some of you who did not pass, but out of curiosity does your PSI retest button state something different, (Before you re-apply and pay your fee to the board)
There were some posts in the past on this forum which stated that before they got their letter, the PSI website updated and had info on retest for them, then they got the letter 2 days later which stated they failed.
I'm just wondering, if checking the PSI site is just a big waste of time for others in the future or if the website gives you a clue if you failed.

Last edited:
Where on the website does it say 195 dollar fee?
My paper says 150 dollars

I noticed on the renew a license the pharmacists are paying 207 dollars - 195 fee plus 12 dollars for Cures.

Do I have to pay a CURES fee as well?

My paper says 150 dollars

I noticed on the renew a license the pharmacists are paying 207 dollars - 195 fee plus 12 dollars for Cures.

Do I have to pay a CURES fee as well?

Forget it, found it on the website. 195 it is.

Forget it, found it on the website. 195 it is.
To save time for other friends, I include the link and PDF files to show the latest fee as $195 as of 07-01-2014.
Thanks to Firefox for the link:
Yup, it's $195. Here is the site with the schedule of fees:http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/about/fee_schedule.shtml
FireFox, Saturday at 3:23 PM

Congratulations to all that passed...Please remember the hardship others are still going through and please help when you can. Thank you very much in advance.

Attachments

• 195 dollars effective 07-01-2014, Board of Pharmacy - Fee Schedule, with link.pdf
    588.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 195 dollars license fee, as of 07-01-2014, with link, naplex_flowchart.pdf
    52 KB · Views: 89
I don't think it's out state that matters for the color of the letter you recieve, it's the paperwork they probably be missing with some students or needs to be reviewed, I am out of state but still received green letter,
Thanks for all who wished, and once again our hearts are with those who didn't make it,
All I can say if you missed by few points or even more, just hang in there you will make it next time,
Do Rxprep question bank few times and don't worry about 60% or less score of the question bank, it will prepare you for the exam, read other supplemental materials also, ver basic ones like Rxprep book2014 or apha book
No other crapy courses or books is needed for this exam, good luck with your exam

I took my exam April 7th and I still have not received my results in the mail. Has anyone else out of state not yet received their results? I usually get mail from my family in California in 2 or 3 days.

I took my exam April 7th and I still have not received my results in the mail. Has anyone else out of state not yet received their results? I usually get mail from my family in California in 2 or 3 days.

I would think you would have gotten your letter by now. As far I as know it was mailed out on Thursday last week. I'm from out of state, but in the western part of the US. Are you on the East Coast?

Maybe the post office messed up or the board messed up. You should call them to see if they are sending it out in increments or if all the letters were sent on Thursday. If it was all sent on Thursday, you should ask them to re-send it.

I am in the deep south and did get mine 2 days ago. Call them.

I would think you would have gotten your letter by now. As far I as know it was mailed out on Thursday last week. I'm from out of state, but in the western part of the US. Are you on the East Coast?

Maybe the post office messed up or the board messed up. You should call them to see if they are sending it out in increments or if all the letters were sent on Thursday. If it was all sent on Thursday, you should ask them to re-send it.
I emailed them today. I live in NYC. I get mail SUPER fast usually. Of all the things for them to lose in the mail... I even checked on the PSI website to confirm my address was correct. I received the initial correspondence from them to register for my exam quickly as well.

got another mail today regarding the incorrect amount of fee 150 dollars printed on the original letter. this time a green sheet with updated amount, and a pink sheet with instruction regarding the 45$ difference.

I got same letter today, but I already mailed $195, as I said before no one should have sent $150, now it will only delay the license posting for those who sent $150

Oh, I did not get a white letter. Only a green one saying I passed and to send back with a check and a pink one saying "if you didn't send $195 please sent $45 dollars to this address with this form". They must have forgotten the white letter. o_O I guess all that matters is a passed but I am just a little curious.

Finally got my score on the east coast

10487362_680010916570_8501477474378359343_n.jpg

ok so, today I got a green letter AND my score dated 7/9. The letter I received yesterday was dated 7/14 and had the green letter and a pink paper saying to send an additional $45 if you sent the incorrect amount. I guess my original one was delayed in the mail and I ended up getting the other letter before. Just FYI.

I took it on July 11, you will likely hear before me, good luck to you.

I took mine on July 10th. I am not sure how I did. After leaving the exam, I felt like I failed it. I made a tally of questions that I wasn't sure of. I had more than 20 questions that I knew I had to guess on. I got done like 34 mins early. I know for sure I got about 7 wrong. I just hope I passed. I was pretty confident going in. My Naplex score is 122. I used Rx Prep, Weissman, and Quizlet to study. I hope that was sufficient. I am so not sure if I passed or not. Everybody keeps telling me that if you feel like you failed, that usually means you passed (haha). I am just hoping to pass. Will keep you guys updated, when I get my results. Hope everybody does well! :):thumbup::clap: We have all worked so hard to be here and it would really suck if we fail now. Even if we fail, its not end of the world. Just trying to have a positive outlook! Goodluck everybody.

Last edited:
I also took my CPJE on the 10th. I finished somewhat early (~30-40 minutes) and there were definitely some questions that I had to guess on. When I made a tally of how many I was guessing on, it wasn't more than 10-15 questions. I just want to see that beautiful letter saying I passed, although this waiting game has given me a lot of anxiety going into my NAPLEX (scheduled for Monday).

I got a 103 on the Pre-NAPLEX so I hope that means something. Sending good vibes to everyone else prepping for boards or waiting for letters!

I also took my CPJE on the 10th. I finished somewhat early (~30-40 minutes) and there were definitely some questions that I had to guess on. When I made a tally of how many I was guessing on, it wasn't more than 10-15 questions. I just want to see that beautiful letter saying I passed, although this waiting game has given me a lot of anxiety going into my NAPLEX (scheduled for Monday).

I got a 103 on the Pre-NAPLEX so I hope that means something. Sending good vibes to everyone else prepping for boards or waiting for letters!

You will be fine. My Pre-Naplex scores were 110 and 125. Pre-Naplex is very good at predicting how you will do! I believe if you get over 100 on your pre-naplex, you will easily pass. You shouldn't worry too much! I know the anxiety is not likely to go away until we receive the results. Try not to think about it. I know it's hard. Focus on your Naplex. Goodluck! ;):)

Congratulations on finally receiving your letters! I will take CPJE next week. I did the CPJE sample questions today, just wonder: is the real test similar to the sample questions? most of them are like: should you fill or not. There are not many cases, no guidelines, etc? because I have heard CPJE is more clinical, but the sample questions look very practical.

CPJE is a clinically practical exam.

Congratulations on finally receiving your letters! I will take CPJE next week. I did the CPJE sample questions today, just wonder: is the real test similar to the sample questions? most of them are like: should you fill or not. There are not many cases, no guidelines, etc? because I have heard CPJE is more clinical, but the sample questions look very practical.

It's super straightforward. Plenty of questions asking "which drug causes side effect X?" or "which drug is used to treat diagnosis Y?" or "which drug is the brand name for generic Z?".

Thanks for the reply guys... I hoped, wished and prayed that I will pass my PCJE, I scored low in my NAPLEX got 84... then I finished 30 mins early on my CPJE so now I am freaking out and I think I am losing my hair.:bang: This is like the last hurdle and be a licensed pharmacist in CA... anyways, for those who are about to take the CPJE those advises here are pretty much accurate. The questions are pretty much straight forward, study the sample exams given by the board it will help and guide you. Good Luck everyone... and me??? Keeping my fingers crossed.

anyone know how long it takes the board to process and upload the license number on their website once you pass the CPJE and send in your payment?

anyone know how long it takes the board to process and upload the license number on their website once you pass the CPJE and send in your payment?
Based on the last 3.5 months, I'd estimate it'll take...about 3.5 months