CPJE Exam scores not released until August!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brasilia01

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why is California so screwed up? Now the California BOP is doing an exam review as of April 1st and will not release any CPJE scores until August! Do these people live in the real world?? I have student loans to pay off and can't go without work. I can't believe that it takes over 6 months to get licensed in this state. This is so ridiculous!!!

Members don't see this ad.

i am planning to take the CPJE soon, they changed the content of the exam after April 1st. Did you just recently take it? I live in illinois, but i understand how you feel. Really sorry about that! I am also going to take the MPJE in Florida. In the mean time why dont you try applying to other states of your choice?

By the way im a huge fan of Bossa Nova and mpb4! very relaxing lol..would love to go to brasil some day

Last edited:
Why is California so screwed up? Now the California BOP is doing an exam review as of April 1st and will not release any CPJE scores until August! Do these people live in the real world?? I have student loans to pay off and can't go without work. I can't believe that it takes over 6 months to get licensed in this state. This is so ridiculous!!!

I hear you..

I talked to someone from the forum yesterday, he was waiting for his naplex and CPJE results for more than 2 months, got his results yesterday. So, I dont know how to do deal with all the stress and the financial burden..good luck!

hi kazekaje and brazilia

I am in the same boat too. Will be taking CPJE after 7 days and GOD knows when the result would be out. Are you guys doing anyting extra or following new syllabus for CPJE after 1st april?? I am very confused as to what to do about new syllabus.

Members don't see this ad :)
Durgae, it says you are pre pharmacy, are you done with pharmacy school? I am preparing for Florida MPJE, and California CPJE, I want to take the Florida MPJE first, and get it out of the way. It will be really tough to study for CPJE. I am now exam eligible, i just have to pay and register to take the exam for both states. I plan on taking the CPJE around June-July time.

so... what if you want to take the CPJE in June... how is this going to affect things?

For out of state exam candidates, do you have to take the CPJE in california?

my understanding is that they no longer offer it in Illinois. I know you can take it in Vegas, but a friend of mine took it in Sacramento.

I haven't decided where I'll do it yet.

I am a practicing pharmacist in illinois, the time frame doesnt affect me as much, i just have to make sure I take the exam within the year of my eligibility date.

yes please. and what/how are you studying? what resources? i have the naplex and apha book. [currently looking for weissman because everyone on here says to get it] is that enough? should i get pronto pass or any of the paid subscriptions to online question banks? i'm NOT a good test taker at all so these tests make me super nervous and stressed out. any tips are GREATLY appreciated.

Caramel, pm with your email adress, i will forward you my scanned brochure indicating the new content/update of the exam

To study for the CPJE, i ordered the pronto pass law notes, and studying from the Rxpreps NAPLEX 2011 review.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Did u take it recently? I am planning to retake it and I am worried about the syllabus change. If you just did, can you specify the ratio of changes in terms of calc etc. On top of that one has to wait till August, I agree with you it is totally whack!!!

Has anyone taken the CPJE exam recently i.e. after the new syllabus. Please share ur experiences....

Did u hear back from anyone about their experience, yet. Will love to get some heads up. I have taken it a couple of times And I can not afford to take anymore.

Members don't see this ad :)
California has done this for two years in a row. These twisted administrators tell you, the future Rx, that they are making sure that there is no one compromising the exam. What is really going on is that there are too many pharmacists in CA. The schools are allowing in as many students as possible since student loans are possible the schools feel NO responsibility to only admit what are needed in the future but everyone. Then the state board is burdened with the responsibility of not allowing people to become pharmacists and you get screwed. One day everyone will realizer that student loans RUIN peoples lives.

Hi Everyone,
I just took CPJE last week and I had fewer law questions, but it is still important to read Weissman's book. I did not have calculations. Focus on side effects, dose, frequency, brand and generic... Unfortunately, the quality assurance will delay results, they need 400 test takers to release results. So everybody that is ready to take the test should do it so. I wish good luck to all of you!

Hi brasilia01, have you got your results?

No I haven't taken the exam yet. I figured if the bop won't release the exam results anytime soon that I would wait to take the test and make sure that I'm really prepared for it. I'll take the exam in 2 1/2 weeks.

i am planning to take the CPJE soon, they changed the content of the exam after April 1st. Did you just recently take it? I live in illinois, but i understand how you feel. Really sorry about that! I am also going to take the MPJE in Florida. In the mean time why dont you try applying to other states of your choice?

By the way im a huge fan of Bossa Nova and mpb4! very relaxing lol..would love to go to brasil some day

Hi, have you got your CPJE results? When did you take it?

No I haven't taken the exam yet. I figured if the bop won't release the exam results anytime soon that I would wait to take the test and make sure that I'm really prepared for it. I'll take the exam in 2 1/2 weeks.
Good luck to you! it's been 4 weeks that I took it and I look for my result in the mailbox every day. Are you from Brazil? I am. Good luck, I am sure you can make it.

How long is CA BOP taking to process applications?

Sent RPh application today. Want ATT ASAP!

Any advise on how to prepare for the test vitoria?

Study as you are going to take Naplex plus Weissman law book. Focus on brand x generic, max dose, side effects, frequency and auxiliary labels like "with food" or "cause dizziness". It is like if you are practicing pharmacy in real life. Good luck!

How long is CA BOP taking to process applications?

Sent RPh application today. Want ATT ASAP!

It depends on when you turned your application. If you have recently turned it in, I would say 6 to 8 weeks.

I remember something like this happened before. I predict that the score will be released in July, if not sooner and not August.

Good luck to you! it's been 4 weeks that I took it and I look for my result in the mailbox every day. Are you from Brazil? I am. Good luck, I am sure you can make it.

E ai voce e de onde? Eu nao sou brasileiro mas eu morei em brasil por alguns anos. Espero que vc passou a examen. I hope I pass it as well. I'm feeling very nervous about the CPJE. There's just too much to know. Any tips on what particular topics to study?

well know the brands and generic, what's kept refrigerated and what is not and how long they can stay out....know interactions and smoking cessation medicines,monitoring parameters....allergies .....

E ai voce e de onde? Eu nao sou brasileiro mas eu morei em brasil por alguns anos. Espero que vc passou a examen. I hope I pass it as well. I'm feeling very nervous about the CPJE. There's just too much to know. Any tips on what particular topics to study?

Last edited:
well know the brands and generic, what's kept refrigerated and what is not and how long they can stay out....know interactions and smoking cessation medicines,monitoring parameters....allergies .....

Is there a list somewhere of meds that need to be kept refrigerated? How did you study that?

Hi,

I know how it feels I took it last friday....just relax and give it your best .... the worst part is waiting so long for the results... anyway all the best .....

Thanks! I appreciate the tips! I take the test on Thursday and I'm so nervous!!

Hey Nyanja or anyone else...On the CPJE do they ask about vaccine schedules? Are there calculations on the exam?

Hey Nyanja or anyone else...On the CPJE do they ask about vaccine schedules? Are there calculations on the exam?

Hi Brasilia, sorry, i haven't checked theses messages. Are you taking CPJE this Thursday 6/9? If yes, Good luck. If not, let me give you some tips. You need to know vaccines and age and population that should take it. I would not worrie about calculation if there is any it is very simple. If you study for Naplex or passed Naplex you will be fine. Know brand and generic for inhalers, minimun age and expiration date after opened. There is a list of meds to keep on the refrigerator and expiration after opened on RXprep and PassNaplexNow. Know Brand /generic on combos for blood pressure. Know insulin long acting, short acting and mixed. But don't forget any class of meds. Everything can be on the test. I am from Belo Horizonte-Minas Gerais, but I lived many years in Bahia. I have not get my result yet. Keep in touch. Good Luck!!!

hi kazikage,i am also preparing for cpje. i failed in first attempt?what books you are referring.please advise me.

Hi Brasilia, sorry, i haven't checked theses messages. Are you taking CPJE this Thursday 6/9? If yes, Good luck. If not, let me give you some tips. You need to know vaccines and age and population that should take it. I would not worrie about calculation if there is any it is very simple. If you study for Naplex or passed Naplex you will be fine. Know brand and generic for inhalers, minimun age and expiration date after opened. There is a list of meds to keep on the refrigerator and expiration after opened on RXprep and PassNaplexNow. Know Brand /generic on combos for blood pressure. Know insulin long acting, short acting and mixed. But don't forget any class of meds. Everything can be on the test. I am from Belo Horizonte-Minas Gerais, but I lived many years in Bahia. I have not get my result yet. Keep in touch. Good Luck!!!

Thanks Vitoria and Nyanja for the tips. I took the CPJE last Thursday and hopefully I will pass. I hope the board releases the results for all of us. Good Luck to all!! Oh and Vitoria eu nao sou brasileiro, eu morei em brasil por dos anos. Morei em Brasilia e tambem em Mato Grosso. Minas Gerais? Eu amo pao de queijo!

Does anyone know how many questions one can miss to pass the cpje. I am scared that I missed a lot of drug related questions.

Does anyone know how many questions one can miss to pass the cpje. I am scared that I missed a lot of drug related questions.

The exam is graded base on the exam difficulty so the pass score varies so you may miss more questions if the exam is more difficult. Your score is compared with those who had the same questions as you.