CPJE February/March 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TXPharmD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the CPJE in the last few weeks? I just took mine on 2/28/2015. I know they just finished with the QA period a couple of weeks ago. Just curious if it will actually take a full 30 days to get my score or if it might be sooner?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Got the same reply from board 2 weeks ago. No idea how many students already took the exam.

Hi all,

My last day to take CPJE is Oct 22nd 2015. I am working currently and so not much time to prep. I was told the RX prep is a good source to study for CPJE. Is that correct?
Is anyone selling their book?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a theory. There may not even be a QA. I called the board yesterday inquiring on how to get them to verify internship hours to another state (CA is taking waaay too long), then the person who answered the phone transferred me to someone who supposedly handles such matters. No answer. Just a voicemail that she will not be back until April 29 and a bunch of info about the release of CPJE results. I think they're just a person or two down and this "QA" is all an excuse for some delay.

Or i don't know. Maybe i'm just overthinking it. This is driving me mad. Crazy mad and angry mad.

It's just odd that the last one ended just before 2/26 and there's already another one (although I've heard it's quarterly so I guess that makes sense). I know past QA's have taken 3 months plus some, which is actually mind blowing considering what is on the line. I have no idea what I'm going to do if I end up having to retake.

So based on that QA's quarterly... Then takes 3 months plus some... Great! There's QA all year! Lol. Juuust great.

Hi all,

My last day to take CPJE is Oct 22nd 2015. I am working currently and so not much time to prep. I was told the RX prep is a good source to study for CPJE. Is that correct?
Is anyone selling their book?

Yes RxPrep is a good reference. I will be selling my 2015 edition if I have passed. Like the others I am awaiting my result.

I am preparing cpje
i was wondering if pharmacy chart 2015 & passnapexnow material is sufficient. do we need to focus on new drug??? any suggestions/ feedback please PM me
[email protected]
thank you

I am preparing cpje
i was wondering if pharmacy chart 2015 & passnapexnow material is sufficient. do we need to focus on new drug??? any suggestions/ feedback please PM me
[email protected]
thank you

Called board of pharmacy last week, they said results probably not until END OF MAY based on when it started. also deflected my questions on QA to PSI. Supposedly, they're the one holding the said QA and holding our scores captive (lol). What?!?

Members don't see this ad :)
It will be 11 weeks this Thursday. I don't even understand how that is even remotely possible. End of May, which isn't even a definite thing, would be another 2 weeks.

Anyone ever thought of hiring an attorney and filing a litigation? The fact that we live in the age of paperless electronic exams that score your results right when you are done and taking the exam at test centers that ban you from bringing anything into the exam room and have cameras everywhere to deter any cheating. And the fact that they "hold" your results for 2+ months until 400 people have taken it to make sure no cheating is involved? I don't buy any of this BS and this really hurts employers from being able to pick out strong out of state candidates and also international students whose visas are expiring especially when they are graduating out of pharmacy school. I honestly think that if someone had the money to hire an attorney to sue the BOP they can possibly make a lot of money out of this case.

Called board of pharmacy last week, they said results probably not until END OF MAY based on when it started. also deflected my questions on QA to PSI. Supposedly, they're the one holding the said QA and holding our scores captive (lol). What?!?

Even if that's the case, it's the Board that picked that company to do manage the tests. So they're still the ones that cause this stupid delay ultimately.

Anyone ever thought of hiring an attorney and filing a litigation? The fact that we live in the age of paperless electronic exams that score your results right when you are done and taking the exam at test centers that ban you from bringing anything into the exam room and have cameras everywhere to deter any cheating. And the fact that they "hold" your results for 2+ months until 400 people have taken it to make sure no cheating is involved? I don't buy any of this BS and this really hurts employers from being able to pick out strong out of state candidates and also international students whose visas are expiring especially when they are graduating out of pharmacy school. I honestly think that if someone had the money to hire an attorney to sue the BOP they can possibly make a lot of money out of this case.

Pretty much the first rule of law is if you try to sue a government agency, you're gonna have a bad time. You can only win if they're doing something blatantly illegal, or you have enough money to fight all the way to the SCOTUS. Otherwise, government agency wins.

So no, you can't sue the Board of Pharmacy, at least not with any expectation of winning.

I just took my cpje today and I don't think it went that well! Are you guys still waiting for results from Feb/March?

So I just called the BOP, and they said QA might take more than 90 days!!!
This is ridiculous

So I just called the BOP, and they said QA might take more than 90 days!!!
This is ridiculous
Who are they freaking kidding?!?! QA started on Feb 26....it WILL BE 90 DAYS ALREADY next week...will they even be DONE THEN? What a joke. Seriously.

I'm seriously waking up with panic attacks now... like anyone stressing out with student loans, job market, etc.... It doesn't help when I talk to recruiters... "oh the job market is horrible..." basically. No shiet Einstein.

OMG... can't even apply for jobs as a serious applicant waiting for the results.

I'm pulling hair...

If there are any brave souls... I read from other forums people emailing Virginia Herold [email protected] for a number count. She definitely has the number.

Or even braver souls...people emailing their Senators to get the test results released. 90 days is just RIDICULOUS. How about doing something with the OVERABUNDANCE of pharmacy schools? Nope, just mindless students feeding the pockets of administrators and student loan servicers and CA bop too chicken to take on corporate capitalism and private schools.

Great idea to email her. I'll try and just cross my finger that she would even open and read my email. Thanks for giving out her email.
If there are any brave souls... I read from other forums people emailing Virginia Herold [email protected] for a number count. She definitely has the number.

Or even braver souls...people emailing their Senators to get the test results released. 90 days is just RIDICULOUS. How about doing something with the OVERABUNDANCE of pharmacy schools? Nope, just mindless students feeding the pockets of administrators and student loan servicers and CA bop too chicken to take on corporate capitalism and private schools.

Don't work in California then.I heard texas still has good demand for rph. Sadly I made the same mistake as you folks last year. I waited 6 months to get licensed passing my exams on the first go.

They will never understand whatever conditions we are going through.

I called board today, they said its PSI who is doing QA and holding the results. I called PSI, they said it's board who is not allowing them to release the result. He said they have to follow whatever board ask them to do. He said, he can see the note on few student's profile, " do not send results" and I am one of those students list, also they are releasing results for other states too than why not for CA? He said someone from board is giving me a wrong information.

I called board today, they said its PSI who is doing QA and holding the results. I called PSI, they said it's board who is not allowing them to release the result. He said they have to follow whatever board ask them to do. He said, he can see the note on few student's profile, " do not send results" and I am one of those students list, also they are releasing results for other states too than why not for CA? He said someone from board is giving me a wrong information.

I also called CABOP & PSI several times over the past 2 months and got the same answer......

This is an utter and gross lack of accountability. WTF is this.... the 3rd grade?

"No, it's their fault."
The other party: "No, it's them who's at fault."

SERIOUSLY. THE 3RD GRADE??!!?

I think they understand people's livelihoods are on the line... but they don't give a rat's ass or care in the world about it.

But mean there isn't even a sense of TRANSPARENCY about the process... we're ALL left in the dark wondering what will happen.

I'd love to take a vacation to wait out my results... but seriously I wait up anxious every day not wanting to the miss the mail. I mean we have f*2j@#$$# STUDENT LOANS to pay off.

Don't work in California then.I heard texas still has good demand for rph. Sadly I made the same mistake as you folks last year. I waited 6 months to get licensed passing my exams on the first go.

Don't get us wrong, WE WANT TO WORK in CALIFORNIA. We're just demanding their should be a higher standard for the QA process... I.E. having a damn TIME LIMIT in which it will definitely end.

90 days is PLENTY...anyone else concur???

So monday is a holiday. That means, the bop wouldn't be open until tuesday which is 05/26. It is been already 90 days!!

Hey everyone, just to be clear about the QA period. If the QA period starts on March 1st, and the people that took the CPJE on March 2nd, would the people that took the test on March 2nd not get test results because they would technically be inside the QA period?

I graduate in the beginning of June and plan on taking the test hopefully in July. Does the CABOP move that fast? Or do you guys think I'll be taking it the next round?

The BOP didn't announce this one until a few days after it had already started, but anyone who takes the test on or after the date it starts (not the day it's announced) is stuck in QA until it's finished. So yes, if one starts on 3/1, and you take the test 3/2, you're in QA and you won't get results until they say that 400 people have taken the test.

The CABOP moves at the speed of snail. The current one started 2/26, and they said "April or May" in their announcement, but June is looking increasingly possible.

WOW, I'm moving out there in July, starting to think I'll take the test in the next QA period then. Thanks for the input.-->
The BOP didn't announce this one until a few days after it had already started, but anyone who takes the test on or after the date it starts (not the day it's announced) is stuck in QA until it's finished. So yes, if one starts on 3/1, and you take the test 3/2, you're in QA and you won't get results until they say that 400 people have taken the test.

The CABOP moves at the speed of snail. The current one started 2/26, and they said "April or May" in their announcement, but June is looking increasingly possible.

This may be a stupid question--but you guys talking about all these general/naplex geared studying materials have me wondering-- is the CPJE just a law test or does it include general pharmacy things too?

This may be a stupid question--but you guys talking about all these general/naplex geared studying materials have me wondering-- is the CPJE just a law test or does it include general pharmacy things too?
No, actually the law portion is only about 10%

I just called the board. They said that the qa should be over before the beginning of the next month

Even if that's the case, it's the Board that picked that company to do manage the tests. So they're still the ones that cause this stupid delay ultimately.

Pretty much the first rule of law is if you try to sue a government agency, you're gonna have a bad time. You can only win if they're doing something blatantly illegal, or you have enough money to fight all the way to the SCOTUS. Otherwise, government agency wins.

So no, you can't sue the Board of Pharmacy, at least not with any expectation of winning.

Actually they were sued over a decade ago regarding results and ended up losing. This was prior to the existence of the CPJE. I'm all in favor of this considering most of our intern licenses are expired now. Why is California the only state that seems to make it a giant pain in the ass? It has nothing to do with the difference in laws, considering there's barely any laws. Take into consideration how much it costs to retake the exam if you fail. The failure rate compared to other state exams is significantly higher for no apparent reason. Yet show me a statistic that says california pharmacists are any better than any other state?

Also took the exam today, and it was pretty rough. I thought the Naplex was very reasonable even though it was more questions (with 5 choices and check all that apply questions). I walked out of the CPJE today just flat out angry. Angry at the exam, angry at myself for stupid mistakes, and angry at the state of California for the BS process involved.

I am still waiting for my Naplex results...it's crazy...almost 3 weeks now! Was there a lot of IV and HIV questions for the CPJE? I'm not looking forward to taking that in a few weeks. I don't even feel like studying because I'm waiting for my Naplex results and yes, angry with the board for this whole process!