CPJE QA August

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

izzie51606

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Being an out of state applicant, I only knew about the QA process but didn't know it's every August and unfortunately scheduled my test for the end of August. Seems like August test takers from past years received their scores around the end of September and fingers crossed this will be the case this year. Anyone else in this situation? :(

Members don't see this ad.

I have tried searching SDN and couldn't find an answer so I thought I would ask. I know the cost is $115, and if they change the score, the money will go toward the application fee for the license. My thing is, the BOP posted a pdf saying that they regraded 2000+ exams and no score change. I wanted to know if anyone has an idea on how they regrade the exam.
Hmm really that is some serious odds but yeah idk what to do in this situation I hope you find answers.

Hi everyone.

I took my CPJE on September 11th, and I know for a fact that I must have missed at least 15ish questions. Does anyone know how the grading process works? I read on the CABOP website that it's based on a scaled score, but I don't know if I passed or not and the suspense is killing me. Anyone else take their CPJE recently? When can I expect to hear from them?

Hi everyone.

I took my CPJE on September 11th, and I know for a fact that I must have missed at least 15ish questions. Does anyone know how the grading process works? I read on the CABOP website that it's based on a scaled score, but I don't know if I passed or not and the suspense is killing me. Anyone else take their CPJE recently? When can I expect to hear from them?
I took my CPJE 9/6 and got my letter 9/12, it was dated 9/9 tho. I passed I thought I missed at least 15 questions too but I passed. So give it about 2 weeks I think mine went out with the massive mailing out after the QA ended.

Members don't see this ad :)
sent my check on Monday and my license was posted yesterday :)
Wait you sent your check on Monday like September 15? And it was posted already I sent my check on Friday night so essentially Saturday it went out and it still hasn't been cashed yet.

Reactions: 1 user
No need to worry, I don't expect it to be cashed until next week.
For those of you guys like me whose check wasn't cashed, you might want to check the BOP website and verify your license status. I just did and my license is clear! Maybe yours is as well! :D

Took CPJE 8/8, no results (letter to be delivered to work-at a large hospital). Emailed the board tonight, and getting voicemail at the Board. I will keep everyone posted as an FYI on how long things took. Other colleagues in Socal already have their score. Everyone passed. Wondering if failed letters go out later than passing ones?

Nothing can be done to change the past, just wondering.

Here's the bot response...so wonderful...

"The Board of Pharmacy is currently experiencing a high volume of pharmacist exam applications as well as initial pharmacist licensure applications and has a temporary reduction in office staff resources. As a result the board’s processing times are longer than usual. The board needs to redirect resources to address this workload and to reduce the processing time for all applicants. As part of this temporary redirection, board staff are not currently available to respond to status inquiries until September 29, 2014.
Please note the following items:
  • Effective August 1, 2014, the board instituted a quality assurance review. During this review period the board cannot release results.
  • The current processing time for exam applications is 60 days
  • The current processing time for initial pharmacist licensure applications is about five business days.
During this period of time the board recommends the following:
  1. If youarecontacting the board to confirm receipt of your application, you can confirm receipt by verifying if your payment cleared.
  2. Upon processing of the pharmacist exam application, applicants should expect to receive either an eligibility letter or deficiency letter within 65 days of receipt of the application.
  3. If you would like to confirm if your license has been issued, please check the board’s website, www.pharmacy.ca.gov and use the “Verify a License” link.
  4. If you are calling to confirm if the board received an item in response to a deficiency letter sent by the board, please allow the board two weeks to process and update your information. The board will either send a follow-up notice if additional information is neededor your eligibility letter.
  5. If your pharmacist exam application was received prior to July 1, 2014 AND you have not received any correspondence from the board regarding additional information necessary, you may call the board’s office at (916) 574-7900 and request that the receptionist transfer you to a manager. Please note that the receptionist will be asking for information as part of our screening during this period.
  6. If your application for the initial pharmacist license was received by the board over five days ago, you may call the board’s office at (916) 574-7900 and request that the receptionist transfer you to a manager. Please note that the receptionist will be asking for information as part of our screening during this period.
  7. It is very important that when you completed your application you applied under your full legal name. Your full legal name on record with the Board is the name you submit on your initial application, whether that is your intern pharmacist or pharmacist licensure examination application. The Board will make you eligible only under your full legal name on file with the Board and not aliases. If you have an intern permit and need to verify your full legal name on file with the board prior to submitting your application, please visit the Board’s Web site at www.pharmacy.ca.gov and click on “Verify a License”.
Please verify when you receive your examination eligibility letter that your name matches IDENTICALLY with BOTH your U.S. social security card AND your U.S. government issued photo identification (specifically a state issued driver's license, state issued identification card or U.S. government issued passport) for admission to the CPJE. If your identifications do not match, you will need to correct your identifications so that the names match IDENTICALLY to the Board's records. If your name on both of your identifications does not match your name on this letter IDENTICALLY, you will NOT be admitted into the examination. It is important to check your identifications NOW in order to make any necessary changes. Original identifications must be provided at the testing site. No photocopies will be accepted.
  1. To request the Board to perform license verification or to transfer Intern hours to another state agency, please submit your request in writing with a $25.00 fee and allow 30 days for a response.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to reduce processing times and provide all applicants with equal service.
California State Board of Pharmacy
1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite N219
Sacramento, CA 95834
Replies to this email must be directed to: [email protected]"

For those of you guys like me whose check wasn't cashed, you might want to check the BOP website and verify your license status. I just did and my license is clear! Maybe yours is as well! :D
Wait how did your license post when your check wasn't cashed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait how did your license post when your check wasn't cashed?
Lol I'm not sure how that worked out but when I went to BOP Verify a License site and put in my name and city, it popped up as registered pharmacist with status "CLEAR",

Licensed posted :) mailed fees in on 9/13 and licensed posted on site on 9/19. This has been such a long process and I am so thankful it is finally over

Last edited:
i mailed my check 9/13 they just cashed it- it popped up on 9/24 though my bank says it was cashed 9/23 and STILL not on the verify a license link. Doesn't look like much method to the mayhem. So frustrated! But almost there...

i mailed my check 9/13 they just cashed it- it popped up on 9/24 though my bank says it was cashed 9/23 and STILL not on the verify a license link. Doesn't look like much method to the mayhem. So frustrated! But almost there...
Mailed mine in 9/13 as well and they just cashed mine also I was planning on going to Sac Friday if they didn't at least cash my check. I hope it will post Friday. I'm assuming possibly but they didn't even update the verify a license link it still says "last updated on 9/23"

I took my CPJE on 09/12/14 and got my score today 09/24/14. It came in a single envelope with a white and green letter stapled together. Good luck everyone!

I took my CPJE on 09/12/14 and got my score today 09/24/14. It came in a single envelope with a white and green letter stapled together. Good luck everyone!

Congrats! Is there a period of time that this green letter must be submitted to obtain your license before it expires?