CPR Certification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hmmmot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am taking a CPR course right now because some OT programs, like stonybrook, require CPR Certification. My professor told us that if we want to get the CPR certification card we need to bring in 7 dollars to order it, but do I need to get the certification card to show proof that I am certified or would the OT schools just look at my transcript and see that I have completed the course?

Members don't see this ad.

Most likely they would need to look at a card. Most people won't be taking CPR certification classes as part of college coursework. I did, but that was 17 years ago and they need current certification.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. Go with the card. When you start the program, your fieldwork sites may want to see your card/a copy of both sides of your card before you can come on site. I don't think they will be impressed with a transcript.

Get the card for sure. As Resot said fieldwork clinics will want to see it. We are hearing that fieldwork locations are becoming more and more detailed & strict. To the point several sites require a student to drug test 90, 60 and 30 days prior to their assignment. We were warned to stay on top of things and keep records b/c the rules are constantly changing and the program them has to adapt to them for their students.

Certification card is must if u have done CPR certification course..it's for their record so have to folow their all rules... Ncprc.Com