Crazy!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ktt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So govoners state university in Illinois requires a 1250 deposit by 1-14. I have an interview to other schools on the 14th and 15th.

1. It's a crazy amount of money

2. How can they force such a swift decision!

I mean I want to wait and hear from other schools, but that is risky.

Well just a random rant.

Members don't see this ad.

So govoners state university in Illinois requires a 1250 deposit by 1-14. I have an interview to other schools on the 14th and 15th.

Well just a random rant.

WHAAAAAAAT! I have never seen a deposit even remotely close to that amount. More than half the schools I applied to were private and that is more than double than some and more than triple others. If that is your number one choice then maybe you can take the stance that it's only a drop in the bucket when comparing tuition and cost of living, especially if the deposit is going to count towards your first year's tuition. I really have no sound advice for you, except to contact the department to see whether an accommodation can be made for you. I hope you can work something out! Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
!

Last edited:
WHAAAAAAAT! I have never seen a deposit even remotely close to that amount. More than half the schools I applied to were private and that is more than double than some and more than triple others. If that is your number one choice then maybe you can take the stance that it's only a drop in the bucket when comparing tuition and cost of living, especially if the deposit is going to count towards your first year's tuition. I really have no sound advice for you, except to contact the department to see whether an accommodation can be made for you. I hope you can work something out! Best of luck to you!

I think Northwestern's deposit was $1000....but a deposit should absolutely be counted toward the tuition....that's the whole point. If it isn't, I wouldn't give it to them (I'm sure Governor's State applies though). But, if you decide not to go there, then the money is gone.

To the OP - I would ask for an extension, unless you're 99% sure you're going to go to GS anyway.

That's because Governors is the worst PT school in Illinois, plus it's in a ghetto so they want to make you wont stood them up.

A. That's really rude

B. What do you mean ghetto? That is kind of racist and insensitive. How do you not know if I already live there. You should be more carefully with adjectives you choose.

C. Worst in Illinois? What ranking system are you using? I do not think Midwestern, Bradley or niu are ranked in the official rankings, so what makes you decided if it is the worse.

D. Maybe it's the worse school for you. But fir a message board these are really insensitive posts, their facilities are similar to uic.

WOW! That is a huuuuuuuuuuge deposit... Man.... yeah, I would ask for an extension, the worst they can say is no (had that happen to me at a school, haha) and then you'd have some more time.

Otherwise, I hate to say it, but it's best to pay the deposit and be assured you are going SOMEWHERE, and then if you choose another school/get accepted elsewhere, you just have to consider that in the grand scheme of things, you'll be spending a lot more than $1250. Granted, swallowing $500 is a lot easier (ok, well it's still hard for me because I'm poor! Haha) than $1250. Yikes.

A. That's really rude

B. What do you mean ghetto? That is kind of racist and insensitive. How do you not know if I already live there. You should be more carefully with adjectives you choose.

C. Worst in Illinois? What ranking system are you using? I do not think Midwestern, Bradley or niu are ranked in the official rankings, so what makes you decided if it is the worse.

D. Maybe it's the worse school for you. But fir a message board these are really insensitive posts, their facilities are similar to uic.

Well Played my friend........Well Played. I know very little about GSU's program or the neighborhood in which it is located. Thus, I will refrain from passing judgments on the program or the people who attend it.

To Tosh,
I can say without equivocation or uncertainty that such an attitude is not the way to start your career as DPT student. When you do your clinical rotations and then begin to practice as a DPT, you will definitely have to work with people of ALL backgrounds, even the ghetto ones as you put it. I strongly suggest you find a way to either broaden your experiences or your vocabulary very quickly. I'm assuming you know the ins and outs of the program well, consequently leading you to such an astute conclusion about GSU. Even if there is some semblance of truth in what you say, I would be careful not to generalize too much! Just my two cents!

Sorry guys for that but It wasn't me who wrote that one of my roommates go on my PC.

Last edited:
sorry guys didn't meant to offend anyone.

What I meant about ghetto is that its in really bad neighborhood, which has high crime rates, this is why many people are reconsidering going there.
And about being one of the worst, this is what former students as well as professors told me about Governors.

Words on a message board are just that, words. So they way you use them and phrase them are important. I do not know you or what your definitionof worst is. I also do not know what you mean by ghetto.

As a side note, its not very polite or pc to use the term ghetto to refer to a bad neighborhood. Plus, almost all students at that school are commuter students. Some of us already are 'real Chicago' who have lived in the city their whole life.

Former students? There fiurst DPT graduating class was this past year. So I do not know who you are citing here.

Thanks

ktt - sorry about messing up your post but this is what happends when you leave your room open and you have idiots as roommates.
To be honest I know nothing about Governors, and I would definitely not listen to what was written here before by "me".
Good Luck !

Well just a random rant.

Ouch! How much is the tuition per term? I'm guessing a lot!

Was this an early decision acceptance? I had a deposit due Dec. 23rd for my school but it was an early decision... if not that's really early!