Creative Titiles on AMCAS Work/Experience Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedsju2017

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I was wondering what you all thought about titling the experiences/work (in Section 5 of the AMCAS application) with non-traditional titles. For example, rather than "Clinical Observation of Dr. So and So" , titling the same experience as "A first-look at open heart surgery" or "The reaffirmation of my desire to be a Cardiologist". In my opinion, I believe this would allow me to stand out as an applicant, while still having all the necessary information within the entry; however, I'm not sure how it would be perceived by institutions. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Everyone,
I was wondering what you all thought about titling the experiences/work (in Section 5 of the AMCAS application) with non-traditional titles. For example, rather than "Clinical Observation of Dr. So and So" , titling the same experience as "A first-look at open heart surgery" or "The reaffirmation of my desire to be a Cardiologist". In my opinion, I believe this would allow me to stand out as an applicant, while still having all the necessary information within the entry; however, I'm not sure how it would be perceived by institutions. Thoughts?
Not neccessary. If your experiences are outstanding, they will speak for themselves. If not, glorifying them will only result in a eyeroll.

Reactions: 1 users
It will not have a positive impact in the slightest. But could have a negative one. Don't do it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Cute idea that will end up creating more work for adcoms when reviewing applications. That will make you stand out in a bad way. Don't do it. Let your ECs speak for themselves.