# Credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Muggs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am slightly confused by the admission requirements of some schools. For example, NYU dental's site says...

All students applying to the New York University College of Dentistry must meet the minimum requirements as follows:

A bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. or Canadian college or university, including all prerequisite courses. Consideration will be given to students with at least a GPA of 3.5 who have completed 90 credits (including all prerequisite courses) at an accredited college or university.

1. Does this mean that you must have at least 90 credits prior to applying?
2. If not, are they just saying that you are planning on completing at least 90 prior to entering dental school? Therefore, if I am applying with 85 credits now, they will still consider me for admission given that I will have a bachelors with at least 90 credits before entering dental?

Members don't see this ad.

I am slightly confused by the admission requirements of some schools. For example, NYU dental's site says...

All students applying to the New York University College of Dentistry must meet the minimum requirements as follows:

A bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. or Canadian college or university, including all prerequisite courses. Consideration will be given to students with at least a GPA of 3.5 who have completed 90 credits (including all prerequisite courses) at an accredited college or university.

1. Does this mean that you must have at least 90 credits prior to applying?
2. If not, are they just saying that you are planning on completing at least 90 prior to entering dental school? Therefore, if I am applying with 85 credits now, they will still consider me for admission given that I will have a bachelors with at least 90 credits before entering dental?

The second one for sure. They know many people in their final year of undergrad. As long as you have the 90 credits before dental school your fine. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.