Creighton 2018 Distance Pathway

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mr2012

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone receive an invite for the November 15th interview for the distance program? Campus students have not heard anything yet either, and they interview on November 22.

Members don't see this ad.

I am still applying. Does the supplemental have an essay?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview invite for today. Creighton University is wonderful.

Reactions: 1 users
What did you like best? How many people were at the interview? How was the on site writing sample?

I loved everything about the interview process. They fill you in with all the information you need to know and more. They are very caring. Also it was nice to have two current distance students there with us all day. It was great being able to talk to them about the program. I'm not sure if I'm able to say exactly how many people were there interviewing, but it was less than I expected to be there. It's still early in the application cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Do not worry about the writing sample, it is really nothing major.

Does anyone know what the average GPA & PCAT scores are for applicants accepted into the last few classes of Creighton's distance program? I couldn't find anything on their website regarding this, and nobody from the school has responded to my emails requesting this info. Aside from competitive GPA/PCAT stats, what else does the program tend to look for in successful distance program applicants?

Thanks...

2010 Class Profile Doctor of Pharmacy Distance Pathway
Total Enrolled: 75
Average Cumulative GPA: 3.47
Average Prerequisite Science/Math GPA: 3.43
Average PCAT Composite Percentile: 80
Holding Degrees: 88%
Average Age: 35
Ethnic Diversity: 16%
Top Feeder States (in order): N/A
Number of States Represented: 27

2011 Class Profile Doctor of Pharmacy Distance Pathway
Total Enrolled: 71
Average Prerequisite Science/Math GPA: 3.47
Average PCAT Composite Percentile: 76.5
Holding Degrees: 80%
Average Age: 32
Ethnic Diversity: 18%
Top Feeder States (in order): Indiana, Missouri, Colorado, Florida, Texas, Washington
Number of States Represented: 32

2012 Class Profile Doctor of Pharmacy Distance Pathway
Average Cumulative GPA: 3.32 GPA
Average Prerequisite Science/Math GPA: N/A
Average PCAT Composite Percentile: 69
Holding Degrees: N/A
Average Age: 30
Ethnic Diversity: N/A
Number of States Represented: 30

Class of 2013 data will only be available by someone who has attend a distance interview on 11/15. They tell you they look for well rounded students, but never define what that means. Pharmacy experience is worth more than volunteering.

2010 Class Profile Doctor of Pharmacy Distance Pathway
Average Prerequisite Science/Math GPA: 3.43
Average PCAT Composite Percentile: 80
Holding Degrees: 88%
Average Age: 35
Ethnic Diversity: 16%
Number of States Represented: 27

2011 Class Profile Doctor of Pharmacy Distance Pathway
Total Enrolled: 71
Average Prerequisite Science/Math GPA: 3.47
Average PCAT Composite Percentile: 76.5
Holding Degrees: 80%
Average Age: 32
Ethnic Diversity: 18%
Top Feeder States (in order): Indiana, Missouri, Colorado, Florida, Texas, Washington
Number of States Represented: 32

2012 Class Profile Doctor of Pharmacy Distance Pathway
Average Cumulative GPA: 3.32 GPA
Average Prerequisite Science/Math GPA: N/A
Average PCAT Composite Percentile: 69
Holding Degrees: N/A
Average Age: 30
Ethnic Diversity: N/A
Number of States Represented: 30

Class of 2013 data will only be available by someone who has attend a distance interview on 11/15. They tell you they look for well rounded students, but never define what that means. Pharmacy experience is worth more than volunteering.

Thanks for the info. I still have to take the PCAT, but does anyone know if Creighton will only accept a certain minimum score in any particular section? Also, if I haven't started working as a pharmacy tech yet, do you think it's too late to do so to still have the experience look good to Creighton? (Especially since I understand the application deadline is March 1st)

I have a friend who in enrolled in the campus pathway, and has told me that there is no PCAT minimum. You do need to have it completed by January 2014 at the latest. For 2013, they were admitting students as late as June 27th according to the 2017 distance thread. And according to another thread on SDN, they admit nearly 50% of wait listed students. For pharmacy tech experience, as long as you have some and you application shows that it's on going, it has to help. You will be amazed at how many people apply that have never worked in a pharmacy and have no idea what they are getting into.

Anyone know if the on site writing sample is on the computer or written?

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw a post in the Creighton University Class of 2018 thread that the writing sample was written.

I'm hoping to "restart" this thread for those of us who have already applied to the Distance Program at Creighton University. If anyone has anything to add with any recent development in their admission or interview status, it will be greatly appreciated. Or perhaps we can just provide each other with moral support. :) Good luck to all those who will be interviewing on the 25th. There is only one more interview session in late April after 3/25.

I'm hoping to "restart" this thread for those of us who have already applied to the Distance Program at Creighton University. If anyone has anything to add with any recent development in their admission or interview status, it will be greatly appreciated. Or perhaps we can just provide each other with moral support. :) Good luck to all those who will be interviewing on the 25th. There is only one more interview session in late April after 3/25.
Hello! I'm just anxious waiting on when the alternates will be contacted :)

Hello! I'm just anxious waiting on when the alternates will be contacted :)
I read last year's thread, and it looks like the alternated have a good chance of getting in. But you might have to wait until summer. Good luck!

I read last year's thread, and it looks like the alternated have a good chance of getting in. But you might have to wait until summer. Good luck!
Yes, I saw that too. I called to update some info on my application and asked when the alternates are reviewed and it's during the summer. So there is still hope. I know they do not interview many people. So I'm hoping to receive an acceptance. But if not there is always next year :) did you have an interview?

No. I submitted my supplemental on the day of the deadline, and I am still waiting. Perhaps I applied too late.

I was invited for an interview for the campus pathway, but I emailed them today asking to be switched to the distance pathway. Not sure if that's doable?

I received an offer for interview (distance pathway) today. I was wondering if anyone has interview on April 22nd.

Has anyone that was waitlisted heard anything more yet?

Does anyone know when they re-review the alternates?

Does anyone know how many of the Distance Pathway slots have already been filled?... Thank you! :) :xf:

I was told alternates will not hear back until the EARLIEST at the end of May (they kept emphasizing earliest).
I do not know how many slots have been filled. I tried to ask how many were on the alternate list and they could not tell me that, so I think they can't really give numbers right now. Sucks, but is understandable.
I think it will be a while before we hear anything :-(

Oh, and good luck to everyone who is interviewing tomorrow! Please remember to tell us how many interviewed, as it will be greatly appreciated :)
It's a very relaxing atmosphere! So don't worry!

Thanks for the reply! Goodness, I thought the last interview was in April. Have you been keeping a running total of interviewees? What're we up against? LOL...

This wait is agonizing...

Thanks for the reply! Goodness, I thought the last interview was in April. Have you been keeping a running total of interviewees? What're we up against? LOL...

This wait is agonizing...
They made another interview session for tomorrow. There is a running total further back in the thread. I believe they have interviewed 95 so far.
I suspect most of us will not hear back until much later than May unfortunately. :-/
Did you apply anywhere else?

I'm an alternate and am going crazy for the wait. But I've waited this long (since november), I know I can wait these last few weeks. Good luck to all who are interviewing today! It's an awesome experience and wonderful school.

They made another interview session for tomorrow. There is a running total further back in the thread. I believe they have interviewed 95 so far.
I suspect most of us will not hear back until much later than May unfortunately. :-/
Did you apply anywhere else?
I interviewed at Iowa as well, but I was not accepted. I should have applied to more schools. If I end up having to do this again next year I will add some backup plans to the mix. I had my heart set on Creighton and U of I though... :/ How about you?

Does anyone know how many they interviewed last Tuesday?

15 people. Watch the thread Creighton University Class of 2018 also. Mostly distance people are posting on it.

This thread has more information on the interview dates, but basically:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/creighton-university-class-of-2018.1041339/

Quoting myself on that thread:
"11/15: 13 per alk211611
01/24: 19 per mr2012
02/18: 8 per me
03/35: 24 per Onlypharm"

Add:
4/22: 31 per PianoGirl7
5/09: 15 per ladypharma'18

Which is 110 interviewees, which makes them only 5 shy of their supposed goal of 115.

I interviewed at Iowa as well, but I was not accepted. I should have applied to more schools. If I end up having to do this again next year I will add some backup plans to the mix. I had my heart set on Creighton and U of I though... :/ How about you?
I applied to 5 schools and got an interview at 4. I am wait listed at 3 now. I was accepted at one :)
I probably would've applied more broadly as I do not have the best stats (namely my GPA), but I pretty much applied like 12/1 or something, which was pretty late.
Ultimately, every interview I have gotten I have considered a blessing. I really thought everyone would throw away my application without even looking at anything but my GPA. I am happy, even though I feel like the 'wait-list Queen'. Hopefully, you won't have to do it again next year :) (and we can be classmates :xf:)