Creighton and PCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nhanvi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what is Creighton Avg PCAT score for acceptance?

I got an email from Creighton telling me that I said on my application that I will retake the PCAT in January so they put my application on hold. I took the PCAT in October and I'm pretty comfortable with my score but I'm not sure if I should tell them go ahead and process my file with the current score.

Thanks for your advice.

Members don't see this ad.

On the Creighton web site it says they prefer to see a score above 60% composite. My score was about that much, and I am applying to the web-based program. are you applying to the web-based or campus-based?

I also apply for the web-based program b/c I'm married and have a daugher. My composite score is not that great 70% but b/c English is not my native language. The verbal and reading sections pulled down my score. I think I'm going to tell them go ahead and process my file with my current score. The worst case is that I will get a reject letter. :)
This school is my first choice.

What about you? Which other schools are you applying to?

nhanvi said:
Does anyone know what is Creighton Avg PCAT score for acceptance?

I got an email from Creighton telling me that I said on my application that I will retake the PCAT in January so they put my application on hold. I took the PCAT in October and I'm pretty comfortable with my score but I'm not sure if I should tell them go ahead and process my file with the current score.

Thanks for your advice.

Hi Nhanvi:

I got accepted to Creighton Univ (campus-based) last year and I had a PCAT score in the mid-80s. I think it was 84 or something like that. My friend, who also got accepted to Creighton (she ended up going there but I didn't) also had a PCAT score in the 80s. I wouldn't recommend taking the PCAT over if you're pretty comfortable with your score.

Good luck! Reply if you have any more questions! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks sunkiki486 for your information.
I guess I have to retake the PCAT b/c my score is not in the 80s.. (I'm an immigrant so I don't know how much I can improve in English and Reading sections..:). I only got 70% composite.
Do you mind telling me your GPA?
What is your experience with Creighton so far?

nhanvi said:
Thanks sunkiki486 for your information.
I guess I have to retake the PCAT b/c my score is not in the 80s.. (I'm an immigrant so I don't know how much I can improve in English and Reading sections..:). I only got 70% composite.
Do you mind telling me your GPA?
What is your experience with Creighton so far?

Hi Nhanvi:

I'm not a native English speaker either~ Before I took the PCATs, I bought one of those prep books and studied the verbal section. It helps. :)
My overall GPA when I applied was around a 3.4. For some reason when PharmCAS calculated my GPA, it was higher -- 3.51. So I don't know which one Creighton looked at. I actually ended up getting into my first choice and didn't go to Creighton. But my friend is there and she LOVES it!! =)

~GOOD LUCk!!

nhanvi-
Why is Creighton your first choice, if you don't mind me asking? Is it only because of the web-based program? What initially drew you to the school?

lynzee said:
nhanvi-
Why is Creighton your first choice, if you don't mind me asking? Is it only because of the web-based program? What initially drew you to the school?

Lynzee,
Yes. B/c of its web-based program. As I stated earlier, I'm married and have a daughter. (I'm not as old as you think..hihi). I am also working full time as a software engineer. I have a B.S in Computer Science and a MBA. I just don't like my job and want a career change. I'm older so I have the discipline to study in my own time. I will quit my job or work full time if I get accepted. I also apply to University of Georiga, Mercer, UF and Palm Beach. That web-based program is probably designed for someone like me who has problem moving to a different city. It's just that I didn't make a high enough score in the PCAT as I wanted...:)

I see...well, good luck getting into a program that fits your current needs!

I was wondering when will you know you have been accepted? I'm currently taking the prerequistes for Creighton web based program. Can you give me any advice as to when i should start to apply? When should I take the Pcat? I'm thinking fall of 2006?

nhanvi said:
Lynzee,
Yes. B/c of its web-based program. As I stated earlier, I'm married and have a daughter. (I'm not as old as you think..hihi). I am also working full time as a software engineer. I have a B.S in Computer Science and a MBA. I just don't like my job and want a career change. I'm older so I have the discipline to study in my own time. I will quit my job or work full time if I get accepted. I also apply to University of Georiga, Mercer, UF and Palm Beach. That web-based program is probably designed for someone like me who has problem moving to a different city. It's just that I didn't make a high enough score in the PCAT as I wanted...:)

Have you been accepted in the creighton web base program?