Creighton Distance Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pillowboo4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I haven't found any threads for the 2011-2012 applicants to the Creighton Distance program. If I missed it, could someone please send me the link? If not, lets start one!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I haven't found any threads for the 2011-2012 applicants to the Creighton Distance program. If I missed it, could someone please send me the link? If not, lets start one!

If you mean applying this time then no there is no other thread that I have seen, but I am applying this round. So let's start one! There is a thread for those entering this year the heading is something like: Creighton University Distance C/O 2015.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything about interview dates yet for the distance program? I know some schools have already started invites and I'm just concerned because I haven't finished my supplemental yet.

The priority deadline isn't even until Nov 1, I know from reading the thread from last year that the first round of interviews were in December.

Has anyone heard anything about interview dates yet for the distance program? I know some schools have already started invites and I'm just concerned because I haven't finished my supplemental yet.

The priority deadline isn't even until Nov 1, I know from reading the thread from last year that the first round of interviews were in December.

Here are the interview dates that are posted on Creighton's website:

Distance Applicants
Friday, December 2nd, 2011
Friday, February 3rd, 2012
Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012
Friday, April 27th, 2012

hey!
so how many of you are all done with the application process? including both PharmCAS and supplemental

^ are there essay questions on the supplemental?

Yes, there are essay questions on the supplemental.

I submitted my supplemental about 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:
hey guys, i just added this school to my pharmcas, but im applying to the campus pathway ( i didn't see a separate thread for this). Anyways, mind sharing why you guys chose distance over campus?

The Distance Pathway is my first choice for Pharm schools, though I applied to 2 others in my state. I completed all of my application materials (PharmCas and Supplemental) as soon as they became available.

For me, the Distance Pathway is the only way I can attend Creighton, and perhaps Pharm school at all. I have a 2-hour commute each way to my in-state schools, and after completing all of my pre-reqs in this manner, I can't imagine doing it for another 4 years (though I absolutely will if it's my only option). I am really hopeful that I will get into Creighton... They supposedly start reviewing applications in October.

I am a returning student with a family - a husband and 5 children. I have worked full-time while completing my pre-requisites full-time (with that long, 2-hour commute to school). We are well established in our community with our family, home, employment, etc. It's just not an option for me to move to attend Pharmacy school. This is a lifelong dream and not a necessity... though I can't imagine how I'll feel if this doesn't pan out for me after all of the hard work and long hours.

My husband and I went to Omaha for a campus visit in May (I live in NC), and the program that they presented was very impressive, from both an organizational and technological standpoint. I was immediately sold, and have totally focused on fitting the profile they look for as a distance pathway candidate.

Good luck to everyone! I can't wait to hear something...

To all of the people that told me that it is too early for interviews, that is simply because Creighton starts them late. I have invites to 3 other schools already for the last week of September or the first week of October. What sucks is now I'll possibly have to have deposits down on a seat before knowing about the distance program!
I wish everyone luck in their apps and hope everyone who has the distance program as an only option gets it!

Members don't see this ad :)
I finished all supplemental stuff for Creighton in late July. If I remember correctly, I checked the box that said no preference in regards to attending the campus or going for the distance pathway. The latter would be nice even though I'm not sure how effective it would be (would be the first time I have done it).

Currently, I've been getting periodic emails from Creighton saying the same thing: "we're still reviewing your application".

I finished all supplemental stuff for Creighton in late July. If I remember correctly, I checked the box that said no preference in regards to attending the campus or going for the distance pathway. The latter would be nice even though I'm not sure how effective it would be (would be the first time I have done it).

Currently, I've been getting periodic emails from Creighton saying the same thing: "we're still reviewing your application".

Yeah based on last years interview dates and the ones people posted earlier they don't quite start looking at the distance pathway early like a lot of schools!

I talked to one of the admission advisor and they said they don't start reviewing applications until early October or mid-October.
I am currently a P1 at the University of Nebraska College of Pharmacy. I applied to Creighton last year for the campus pathway (now re-applying for distance program) and I submitted my application around mid-end september, got an interview invite mid november and the interview was early december, found out mid december.
good luck to everyone! For those that submitted their applications, congratulations! your applcation is probably top of the file for review. It is rolling admission afterall...

I just got a letter from creighton with some like brochures and admissions information, did anyone else get this? :confused:
(I barely added creighton to my pharmcas and it was only sent out this Monday but I think they sent the letter before I even added the school to pharmcas)

I just got a letter from creighton with some like brochures and admissions information, did anyone else get this? :confused:
(I barely added creighton to my pharmcas and it was only sent out this Monday but I think they sent the letter before I even added the school to pharmcas)

Haha yeah I got all that stuff too, but way after I had submitted everything.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

So here is my situation.
I currently go to a pharmacy school, but the program is a bit sub par. I really want to apply to the long distance program, but don't know if my attempt will be futile.
I didn't get the chance to retake the pcat's b/c I didn't think of reapplying since I got into a school, but I can retake them in January. My current pcat score is beyond horrid when compared to others. Its basically below 50 , in the 30's.
My undergrad GPA is above 2.8 but below 3.0, but my grades in pharmacy school are currently at about 3.5.

I guess the biggest question is, do you think I have a chance at being picked for an interview? b/c my undergrad grades are not top notch, but I feel that I can prove that I am competent enough to be in the program because I am doing well at an accredited pharmacy school.

Problem is I don't know how they score points to obtain an interview, so I'm just wondering if they even consider the fact that getting into and going to a pharmacy school is good enough to get an interview. I know under what conditions I can excel and know that I can do exceptionally well in the long distance program

I'm sorry for such the long message, I really want a second opinion on if I should apply or not. I'm unhappy with the program I'm in right now, and want to attend the long distance program.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

So here is my situation.
I currently go to a pharmacy school, but the program is a bit sub par. I really want to apply to the long distance program, but don't know if my attempt will be futile.
I didn't get the chance to retake the pcat's b/c I didn't think of reapplying since I got into a school, but I can retake them in January. My current pcat score is beyond horrid when compared to others. Its basically below 50 , in the 30's.
My undergrad GPA is above 2.8 but below 3.0, but my grades in pharmacy school are currently at about 3.5.

I guess the biggest question is, do you think I have a chance at being picked for an interview? b/c my undergrad grades are not top notch, but I feel that I can prove that I am competent enough to be in the program because I am doing well at an accredited pharmacy school.

Problem is I don't know how they score points to obtain an interview, so I'm just wondering if they even consider the fact that getting into and going to a pharmacy school is good enough to get an interview. I know under what conditions I can excel and know that I can do exceptionally well in the long distance program

I'm sorry for such the long message, I really want a second opinion on if I should apply or not. I'm unhappy with the program I'm in right now, and want to attend the long distance program.

What program are you in right now? if it is accredited why would you want to start all over?

The priority deadline is fast approaching. Let's hope some interview invitations go out not long after. I'd LOVE to have an interview the first date. Post if you get an invite!

The priority deadline is fast approaching. Let's hope some interview invitations go out not long after. I'd LOVE to have an interview the first date. Post if you get an invite!

Agreed, especially now that the September PCAT scores are out. Good luck!

My impatience got the best of me so I called the admissions office regarding interview status, and they said they just started processing applications. Annoying - since I was so ready to get notified on November 1st like last year's posts indicated. Anyway - post if you hear anything!

I am glad you called as I've been wondering as well. I got a call from an ND number and got excited until I realized that meant North Dakota not Nebraska. Darn telemarketer. I went through the 2015 thread yesterday to see when the first interview invites went out. I sent my supplemental on the 1st, but I'm hoping it was still early enough to be considered for the Dec 2nd interview. I really want to know if I got into Creighton by Christmas. That would be the best present ever!

My impatience got the best of me so I called the admissions office regarding interview status, and they said they just started processing applications. Annoying - since I was so ready to get notified on November 1st like last year's posts indicated. Anyway - post if you hear anything!

I submitted my supplemental a few weeks ago and my PharmCAS app today (transcripts, PCAT, LOR, etc is complete). So I am a bit behind the rest of you. I will let you know if I hear anything but I doubt it will be for the Dec interviews!

I did hear back regarding my supplemental. Received a generic e-mail (very nice btw!) encouraging me to apply through PharmCAS.

Good luck to everyone!!! :D

When I check my status on their supplemental page: it says: " No Status found."

Uh-oh. Hopefully it's because our applications are being reviewed.

When I check my status on their supplemental page: it says: " No Status found."

Uh-oh. Hopefully it's because our applications are being reviewed.

I just submitted my PharmCAS app, but my status doesn't say "no status found". It says something to the effect "thank you for applying, we're checking..."

I meant when you log into the supplemental page through this link and when you click on "Check status":
https://admprosweb.creighton.edu/CreightonSPAHP/default.asp

:scared:

My status has said "No Status Found" all day today too. I saw that my PCAT scores were finally received yesterday - my application was updated yesterday morning, though it still said that it was incomplete. Hopefully they are updating the applications today because that was the last thing I was waiting for. It sounds like a few of us are in the same boat...

Mine says the same. I was hoping to hear soon. Does anyone know does the committee still meet on Thursdays? I thought I read that in last year's thread. Maybe the end of the week then?

My status has said "No Status Found" all day today too. I saw that my PCAT scores were finally received yesterday - my application was updated yesterday morning, though it still said that it was incomplete. Hopefully they are updating the applications today because that was the last thing I was waiting for. It sounds like a few of us are in the same boat...

I'm applying for the on campus pathway, but ever since I submitted my application on October 3, when I clicked the "check status" button, I get "no status found." I was so worried about this that I called Creighton to make sure that it was not a problem with my submission. It was not! No worries! They just got a new program for applications and are working out bugs. One of the bugs is the "no status found" message on the "check status" button. But that does not mean that they did not receive your application! They did and are reviewing it. Good luck to all! and I hope we start hearing something soon!

Anyone hear about interviews this week? Just curious...

Nope. Getting very antsy to say the least

I have an interview on the 2nd of December. Anyone else interviewing then as well?

Where are you guys/girls from? Are you flying in? Where are you staying? I'll be flying in from Pittsburgh but haven't booked a hotel yet. Does anyone know any close hotels?

Where are you guys/girls from? Are you flying in? Where are you staying? I'll be flying in from Pittsburgh but haven't booked a hotel yet. Does anyone know any close hotels?
I'm coming from Raleigh, NC. I flew out in May for a campus visit and we stayed at the Magnolia Hotel, which is probably where I will stay again. It's an old restored hotel, and the staff were really helpful. They had a shuttle from the airport, and they brought me back and forth to the school as well (I just called them when I was ready to be picked up again). It's a little pricier than the chain hotels, but since I'm already familiar with it, I think it's my best bet - I don't want any more stress than necessary. It's also walking distance to several downtown restaurants, which was nice.

Congratulations on your interviews! Do you mind posting your stats if you received an interview invite?

I'm still waiting anxiously for mine, if they haven't sent out all of them for this round that is :scared:
I didn't hear anything today either :( I didn't submit my supplemental until the 1st, so hopefully they just haven't gotten to me yet. Oh man.

I'm a P1 at Creighton. First off congrats on the interview. The Best Western Seville is right by campus, with a shuttle that will drive you around.

I'm a P1 at Creighton. First off congrats on the interview. The Best Western Seville is right by campus, with a shuttle that will drive you around.
Thanks for the hotel info... I will definitely check that out and probably book it today. Is this also where you stayed when you were on campus this summer? Do they have an extended rate?

Thanks for the hotel info... I will definitely check that out and probably book it today. Is this also where you stayed when you were on campus this summer? Do they have an extended rate?

It is where I stayed, but I'm not sure on the rates. My rents wanted to see Omaha, so they came with and paid for the room.

To those of you who had interviews yesterday, hope they went well! What do you think?

I received an invite today. I'll be there Feb. 3rd :)

I figured someone else from Dec 2nd would have posted already but I guess not. I absolutely loved the program and the interview is definitely one of the less stressful that I've had. Everyone there was laughing about how conversational the interview really was. Good luck to everyone still applying and to everyone waiting on an acceptance now!!! A few weeks and we should know!!!

I was there on the 2nd as well, and absolutely can't wait to hear some news! I was impressed with the program before, but after last Friday I could see how it all really comes together. I felt very welcome there, and didn't feel like I was competing with the other applicants - it was really like we were all in it together. I hope we all get in... In about another week I'll really start anticipating a letter. I hope we hear something by Christmas!

BTW, don't forget to send a follow-up thank you letter... I think it's a good idea to just reinforce your interest and show your appreciation for their time. I'm going to get mine out tomorrow.