Creighton Distance Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I also called in because I needed to get back to another school. I found out I was accepted yesterday!! Yay! I have yet to get the letter.

I think it's kinda weird that they said they'd be calling within 3 weeks... Maybe I misheard that?

Here's the link for the Facebook group:
Creighton Pharmacy Distance Class of 2016
http://www.facebook.com/groups/331401866906025/#!/groups/331401866906025/

If you are accepted, or an alternate, please join so we can keep in touch! :)
A facebook page has already been started that has over 30 members between the recently accepted Class of 2016 and some current Creighton distant students. Join us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/331401866906025/#!/groups/270039426387566/
Congrats to all of you who just found out! Looking forward to meeting everyone this summer!

Members don't see this ad :)
So as I was looking through my acceptance letter, I noticed that they didn't mention anything about the "distance pathway," even though I said I would only accept admission to the distance pathway and not the campus pathway.

Did any of you guys who were accepted see anything about the distance pathway in your letters? I'm wondering if I should contact Creighton to make sure I'm accepted to that pathway...

So as I was looking through my acceptance letter, I noticed that they didn't mention anything about the "distance pathway," even though I said I would only accept admission to the distance pathway and not the campus pathway.

Did any of you guys who were accepted see anything about the distance pathway in your letters? I'm wondering if I should contact Creighton to make sure I'm accepted to that pathway...

My letter doesn't say anything specifically about Distance Pathway either, but this was the only program I applied for and I interviewed on a Distance Pathway interview day. I would say that if you applied only for that pathway and you interviewed on Feb 3rd which was only for the Distance candidates, you have nothing to worry about.

Interviewing on April 3. Can anyone that interviewed tell me if you really ended at 3 pm? Really need to get a flight out that evening (6 pm) but don't want to rush things or have to leave any portion of the day early.

Also, for welcome week, is there extended housing available? Or do most people get hotels?

Thanks!

I flew out at 5 pm and had plenty of time. The airport is really small so no need to get there super early. They told us you can pay to stay in campus housing for welcome week or get a hotel. There are Residence Inn type places with bedrooms and kitchens that some people share to save a little money.
FYI I withdrew my app to attend another school.

Hi there! I will be interviewing on the last date. Anyone else late to the party? :D
Lisa C

Hi there! I will be interviewing on the last date. Anyone else late to the party? :D
Lisa C

Yep I'll be there April 27th also :D
Kinda scared since it's late there's not much of a chance of being accepted

Not sure if anyone would be interested or not but I'm staying at the Days Inn in Council Bluff on 9th AVE and have a rental car if anyone wants a ride to the interview on 04/27 and/or airport afterwards. Figured it could help relieve some nerves to walk in with someone. Just send me a message or something if you're interested in a free ride

Good luck! I remember that at my interview session (April 3) that a little over half the spots have been filled, so I think you'll still be fine.

P.S. To those of you who interviewed before April 3, about how many people were in your group?

Don't worry about there being less of a chance for you because you have a late interview!! It's not true! And a word of advice for interview day: RELAX (I know, easier said than done), be yourself, and answer the questions honestly. I guarantee that those 3 things really are important!!

FYI I'm a class of 2015 Distance Student.

Also, if you have been accepted already, JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP. You have no idea how helpful it will be. Even if you have never used Facebook or are hesitant to try it, I strongly suggest you look into it, it really will make a huge difference in your experience! (Plus, as an added bonus, I'm in your class' Facebook group so I can tell you all kinds of important things!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally Posted by katee
Hi, I want to ask you about the quality of education you feel you are getting as a distance student. Do you feel it matches up to be the same or even more work if you were to compare it to the campus pathway? Also how are the exams like? Are you going to your assigned proctored location and taking the exam with X amount of minutes? Are they multiple choice or do you get to explain your answers (preferred for me)? Do you feel the professors prepare you well for the exams? I have had a professor who told me that something was not going to be on the exam and then it was.

I hope I did not bombard you with a lot of questions, sorry about that.

Thank you

Katee,

I could not be happier with the program. Literally, I could not be happier. It is definitely just as much if not more work than the campus pathway. When I was applying to this program and pathway, I honestly did not have very accurate expectations of the involvement and intensity that it would bring. Since we take the exact same classes as the campus students, the course-load is identical. The only reason that I would say that it requires more work as a distance-student is that we have to set up our own sites for shadowing and volunteering, whereas on campus much of that legwork is done for you. The exams are all very similar in some ways and also very varied in others. All of the exams for the required courses must be taken at a proctor site. All the acceptable proctor sites are different, but I go to my local public library. I just check-in, go in to a private study room, set up my computer, have the proctor enter a "start-test" password, and then I go to it. Yes, all of the exams have time limits. We typically have at least 40 minutes and sometimes as much as 120 minutes. Almost all of the tests this first year have been exclusively multiple choice. There were a couple exams last semester with some short-answer questions. Throughout the semester we have had an average of 1 test per week. The professors typically do an excellent job of preparing us for the exams, even going as far as to provide review sessions before exams. Understandably some exams are much harder than others, but I have felt that ALL of them (with the possible exception of one) have been FAIR. I really couldn't say enough nice things about this program. It has proven to be even better than I ever expected it would be. If you have ANY other questions at all, please let me know!

Andy Snyder Distance Class of 2015

Could be an obvious question, but where on campus do we meet for the interview? In the email offering the interview they just said to show up at 9 am. I'm guessing the campus is pretty large with a lot of buildings so I hope I don't get lost looking for everyone :oops:

I called Creighton today and they said they are still working on admissions decisions and will start mailing next week, most likely on Thursday. Just thought I'd share.

I'll be there!!! I'm so excited to finally interview. Seems like it has taken forever to get here!

i have a question to everyone who got accepted/waitlisted. I got an email asking me to submit to a background check because of my "conditional acceptance." Of course it won't tell me the school that accepted me, but has anyone else who got wait listed/accepted gotten this email? Im kinda excited because it means at least one of the schools i applied has NOT rejected me haha.

I called Creighton today and they said they are still working on admissions decisions and will start mailing next week, most likely on Thursday. Just thought I'd share.

Wow! thanks so much for this info! I, too, have been checking email and mail each day so anxiously! It's so nerve racking waiting for such a life-changing decision made by others!

Hi, xyeahtony,

It is a good news anyway, much better than on waitlist.

by the way, what is your interview date? April 3rd? Thanks!

i have a question to everyone who got accepted/waitlisted. I got an email asking me to submit to a background check because of my "conditional acceptance." Of course it won't tell me the school that accepted me, but has anyone else who got wait listed/accepted gotten this email? Im kinda excited because it means at least one of the schools i applied has NOT rejected me haha.

Based on xyeahtony's old post, it was March 30 for the campus pathway. I wanted to get this information out so that we don't all get a heart attack thinking that decisions have already been sent out.

I'm really nervous for tomorrow. I've gotten acceptances to other schools, but I really want to attend Creighton.

Haha it was not in my intention to give anyone a heart attack, whoops :p Yeah sorry for invading your guys' thread but pretty much the campus pathway thread is irrelevant right now plus both application processes are pretty much the same. Seeing how i interviewed on the 30th, and its the 25th and i've gotten nothing in the mail yet, then :O But if people who got waitlisted didn't get that background check email, means i either got accepted, or rejected, or its from a totally different school…blahh the uncertainty haha.

Who got phone call from the office of admissions or called the office of admissions? Please share the information. I am very anxious.

I just checked mine. It says that my application is "complete." too. Did you mention "Last Updated Date"?
Mine is "Last Updated Date: 4/20/2012 11:10:06 AM "

My status reverted to "no status found" after my April 3 interview. Now it says that my application is "complete." I'm not sure if the change occurred today, when the admissions committee supposedly met.

It might be a few days before they finish (or even start) calling, so hang in there! I'm quite anxious too; I've been checking my phone all day for missed calls. Of course, not to mention that I cannot seem to stop checking this thread.

I had called Creighton last week because I was getting so nervous. At that point they said they were still making decisions and would not start mailing packets for our group until this week. I called again today just to check on stuff because I had to reply to my second choice school today and the woman there (Mackenzie) told me I was an alternate. Bah humbug. But good luck to the rest of you!

Good catch there. Mine was 4/20/2012 11:09:48 AM, literally 18 seconds before yours. :laugh:

hmm mine says Last Updated Date: 4/20/2012 10:45:52 AM
yikes! its been 7 days since an update and nothing in the mail yet :O have you guys ogtten anything yet? haha #nervous

Not a problem at all; in fact, thanks for sharing your information. I'm sure that background check e-mail is a good sign! Was the e-mail from PharmCAS?

Nahh the email was from the application station. here's what mine says:

Dear Tony,

You have received this email because you have been conditionally accepted by one or more of the schools participating in the AACP-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants. Please note that the requesting school will be notified if consent is not provided, and that failure to provide consent may result in failing to meet the requesting school's admissions requirements.

To provide consent, please follow the instructions below:
1. Paste the link below into your browser: http://www.applicationstation.com

2. Enter the Code: XXXXXXXXXXX in the Application Station Code field.

3. If you have not already created an account for yourself, click the "SIGN UP NOW" button to do so. Otherwise, just click the "SIGN BACK IN" button to login using your Username and Password.

4. Follow the instructions on the Application Station web site to complete your Background Investigation Consent forms.

Please note that the requesting school will be notified if consent is not provided, and that failure to provide consent may result in failing to meet the requesting school's admissions requirements.

*Please also note that during the Background Investigation process, Certiphi Screening, Inc. may contact you to obtain additional information if required.

For additional information about this service, including details regarding the consumer report to be procured, go to http://www.aacp.org

If you have technical issues visiting the Application Station site, please contact Application Station Support at: 888-291-1369 x2006.

Thank You
Application Station - Student Edition

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or
proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity
to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended
recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.

SECURITY WARNING: Sending email that contains private personal
information poses a security and privacy risk and we request that
you not do so.

The schools i interviewed at are all on this list, so i have no idea which school accepted me. I searched online, and apparently this service is used by some med schools and dental schools as well, as well as a large # of pharm-schools. From what i've been able to ascertain from the internet apparently once a school accepts you into their system, this email gets sent out, and obviously email is 500000x faster than the snail mail acceptance letter.

I am so glad to log on and see that all of you are actively writing and worried just like me. It calms my anxiety (only slightly) to have others in the same boat and know we are ALMOST there...

I, too, saw my status was updated on 4/20 (interviewed 4/3) just as all of you and I was worried that they made their decision then and given that it has been so long, I was a little disheartened. If they updated things then, you would think decisions would have been made then. Just checked the mail and nothing. I have a feeling we still won't see mail tomorrow, which means waiting until MONDAY! I don't think I can wait that long! I wish I had a great excuse to call, but I think I'll try to exercise patience.

I am so glad to log on and see that all of you are actively writing and worried just like me. It calms my anxiety (only slightly) to have others in the same boat and know we are ALMOST there...

I, too, saw my status was updated on 4/20 (interviewed 4/3) just as all of you and I was worried that they made their decision then and given that it has been so long, I was a little disheartened. If they updated things then, you would think decisions would have been made then. Just checked the mail and nothing. I have a feeling we still won't see mail tomorrow, which means waiting until MONDAY! I don't think I can wait that long! I wish I had a great excuse to call, but I think I'll try to exercise patience.

dont forget mail comes saturday as well :)

P.S. How did the interview go yesterday (April 27), to those of you who went?

It was a bit different from my other interviews.. A lot of presentations really early in the morning after a night of no sleep :sleep: They were interesting and informative though. The actual interview seemed to be more of a conversation than an interview. The few questions they did ask I feel like I mumbled an stuttered...
It's over with though so now all I have to worry about is if they accept/deny me before I have to leave for Arizona in late May and if they accept my business calc and communications pre-reqs since I was forced to drop out of my speech and calc class :scared:

P.S. How did the interview go yesterday (April 27), to those of you who went?

I think it went really well! 4 weeks will seem like forever to wait!! I've heard they call you when you are accepted? Is this true? Or do I wait for a letter in the mail?

Thanks!!!

I think it went really well! 4 weeks will seem like forever to wait!! I've heard they call you when you are accepted? Is this true? Or do I wait for a letter in the mail?

Thanks!!!

They will call you if you're accepted. If you're an alternate (or rejected), you'll get a letter in the mail.

They will call you if you're accepted. If you're an alternate (or rejected), you'll get a letter in the mail.

Well tomorrow will be 30 days for me (March 30th Interview), and i have yet to receive such calls from Omaha. Ive ignored other area codes but i figured even if it was them, they'd leave a message in voicemail anyways. ill call tuesday if i dont hear anything or see anything in the mail tmrw.

Well tomorrow will be 30 days for me (March 30th Interview), and i have yet to receive such calls from Omaha. Ive ignored other area codes but i figured even if it was them, they'd leave a message in voicemail anyways. ill call tuesday if i dont hear anything or see anything in the mail tmrw.

I received my acceptance letter from the March 30 interview on Saturday. You should be hearing something soon!

\
Did you get a call?
I saw your old post, your GPA , PCAT are really strong. Your chance to get accepted is bigger.

How many people interviewed in your group?

Dec. 2nd, about 18.

Feb 3r , ?
April 3rd, 33 around.

Apri 27th, ?

Totally 75 accepted.

It was a bit different from my other interviews.. A lot of presentations really early in the morning after a night of no sleep :sleep: They were interesting and informative though. The actual interview seemed to be more of a conversation than an interview. The few questions they did ask I feel like I mumbled an stuttered...
It's over with though so now all I have to worry about is if they accept/deny me before I have to leave for Arizona in late May and if they accept my business calc and communications pre-reqs since I was forced to drop out of my speech and calc class :scared:

How many people interviewed in your group?

Dec. 2nd, about 18.

Feb 3r , ?
April 3rd, 33 around.

Apri 27th, ?

Totally 75 accepted.

There were 6 tables of 4, not all of them completely filled, so I think somewhere around 24 people. One or two of them were interviewing for campus pathway

Interviewed April 3 and got my letter today and was accepted! (Did not get a prior phone call)

Interview on the 30th, letter postmarked april 25th, received it today april 30th! no phone call, just a fat envelope in the mail! haha.

I almost feel bad, because creighton wasn't my #1 choice, so its likely i wont accept (prolly a good thing for you waitlisters). haha. Best of luck to everyone :)