Program-Specific Info / Q's Creighton OTD 2015 Application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sngo2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to Creighton's Entry-Level Doctor of Occupational Therapy program for the 2015 academic year? If so, have you heard about an interview yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes! I heard back from them a few weeks ago. My interview is in January.

Yes! I heard back from them a few weeks ago. My interview is in January.
Awesome! You applied before the priority deadline I would assume? I did not so hoping to find out an estimate of when they get to the other applications

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! You applied before the priority deadline I would assume? I did not so hoping to find out an estimate of when they get to the other applications
I also had my interview in January! I applied back in October, so it was before the priority deadline. I'm supposed to hear back at the end of next week. Good luck to you!

Hi everybody! I heard from Creighton today via snail mail, so I thought I would respond. I was picked as an alternate, and am wondering if anybody can tell me what my chances of getting accepted are!! I also found it odd to be chosen as an alternate, but I have not interviewed. Has anybody else had the same thing happen to them? This whole process is so crazy stressful and confusing!!

Hey, Aspiring OT! Honestly, I find it strange that they would notify you like that not having been interviewed?? I'm not even sure what that means?... Lol. When did you apply, if you don't mind me asking? I applied on December 5th and still haven't heard anything back at all except for them telling me that my application was complete and being reviewed, so who knows... It really is stressful and confusing! But since I have not heard back at all yet about an interview I wouldn't be surprised if I become an alternate, as well. But Let's hope for the best!!! :)

I turned in my supplemental application on December 23,2014, and just received this letter in the mail today! It is strange! I am not complaining, as this means there is hope, but I just found it odd that I was placed on the alternate list without actually interviewing. The letter said I may be contacted for an interview, but no gaurantee! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking??

Hey, Aspiring OT! Honestly, I find it strange that they would notify you like that not having been interviewed?? I'm not even sure what that means?... Lol. When did you apply, if you don't mind me asking? I applied on December 5th and still haven't heard anything back at all except for them telling me that my application was complete and being reviewed, so who knows... It really is stressful and confusing! But since I have not heard back at all yet about an interview I wouldn't be surprised if I become an alternate, as well. But Let's hope for the best!!! :)

Hi Aspiring OT I just got a letter today too as an alternate. Well from the FAQ they sent me, they will contact us for a possible interview through email. So I'm on the same boat as you. I'm still happy about the decision at least there is still hope. :D What is your stats?

I heard back last night... Rejected :( Pretty disappointing, but it is what it is. Let's hope I get into one of the other schools I applied to so I don't have to go through this process again next cycle. Good luck to you guys, though! I hope you all get interviews and blow them away!!

I just heard back from Creighton as well, and am an alternate. I wonder how common it is for them to call alternates in for interviews.

Congrats Grulloned. What's your stats if you don't mind me asking?

I applied last year and got an interview. I was chosen as an alternate and never heard another word. I applied as soon as the portal and supplemental application opened this year, and am now an alternate again without an interview.. sigh. I've been wondering what this means myself. I check all the time, and it updates but never hear anything. :(

otbyrd, that must be awful, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm just thankful I received my rejection in a somewhat timely manner, rather than be holding onto false hope for months only to receive it later... Lol. Did you apply to a lot of schools?? I wish you the best of luck and I'm sure you will get in somewhere especially since it's your second cycle applying!

Members don't see this ad :)
otbyrd, that must be awful, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm just thankful I received my rejection in a somewhat timely manner, rather than be holding onto false hope for months only to receive it later... Lol. Did you apply to a lot of schools?? I wish you the best of luck and I'm sure you will get in somewhere especially since it's your second cycle applying!

Thanks. I'm sorry you were rejected. What are your stats? I didn't apply to a lot of schools. My husband and I just bought a house so I'm only applying to a few. Are you looking to relocate for school? There are two schools in Springfield MO that just opened up. I'm from Joplin So I've mostly chosen Mo schools and then Creighton because I love the area. I wish you luck too. I'm not going to give up. I just got a job in a medical office at Mercy, so I'll gain more experience through them. I'm pretty pumped.

You're welcome! And don't be sorry, I'm not surprised at all, as my stats are not nearly as competitive as many people I've seen on here, but I figured I had nothing to lose applying anyway this year. I'm definitely looking to relocate, I'm from NJ and didn't apply to any NJ schools. And really?? Thanks, I'll definitely have to check those two out in the unfortunate event that I may not get in this year.

My Stats:

Undergrad school: Seton Hall University
Undergrad major: Biology (yeah, it was awful)
Overall GPA: Just under a 3.0 :(
Pre-Req: 3.3-3.5 depending
Observation: Only about 45 in two settings (probably has something to do with my rejection)
Volunteer: 100 hours at a cancer hospital in Philly, PA. 10 hours on oncology unit at another cancer hospital in NJ. Research course devoted to my OT observation hours.

Definitely needs some improving which I've already started on... But like I said, I figured I'd just take the chance and apply anyway. That's awesome on the new job and house, though, congrats!! I'm definitely not giving up either! I can only improve. What are your stats, if you don't mind me asking???

Hi all,

Just wanted to weigh in on the conversation. I just got a letter today from Creighton saying I was chosen as an alternate. I applied on December 15th, so about a month after the deadline.

My stats are:

Undergrad school: SF State
Undergrad Major: Kinesiology
Pre-req GPA: 3.2
Undergrad GPA: ranges from 3.0-3.2 depending on who's calculating lol
Observation hours: 420, maybe more. I worked at a PT/OT clinic for a year and a half and an OT was my direct supervisor
Volunteer: Probably about 100 hours at the same clinic, and three summers volunteered at an elementary school with a class of special needs kids

I'm trying to find out where I stand on their waitlist.

Anyone have any idea how many waitlisted usually get in?

I called them yesterday. They said they are unsure it varies by year. They said in the past somewhere between 1-15. Or it could be less or more. They said last year 10 did.

They said they are not done looking at applicants so they don't know how many people will be on the waiting list. They also don't rank people on the alternate list. They said that whenever they have an opening they just go back and review all the applicants in the alternate list then decide from there.

Hi everybody! I heard from Creighton today via snail mail, so I thought I would respond. I was picked as an alternate, and am wondering if anybody can tell me what my chances of getting accepted are!! I also found it odd to be chosen as an alternate, but I have not interviewed. Has anybody else had the same thing happen to them? This whole process is so crazy stressful and confusing!!
I got a letter that I was an alternate too back in mid January. Have you heard anything from them since?

I got a email in the end of January that I got a interview and I set it up for March 6. Does anybody want to shed some light on how there interview is because I am quite nervous about it.

Also I was wondering how they choose who gets interviewed and who gets placed on the waitlist without interviews because based on this thread I have similar stats as people who got waitlisted. I'm not complaining but I just thought it was odd.

jyang80 are you an alternate too? But you get to also interview? Lucky!

jyang80 are you an alternate too? But you get to also interview? Lucky!

No I am not on the alternate list. I just thought it was weird that I have similar stats as people who got onto the alternate list without a interview and I was offered a interview. I don't mind at all but I just find it odd and wonder how they choose who they want to interview.

I got a email in the end of January that I got a interview and I set it up for March 6. Does anybody want to shed some light on how there interview is because I am quite nervous about it.

Also I was wondering how they choose who gets interviewed and who gets placed on the waitlist without interviews because based on this thread I have similar stats as people who got waitlisted. I'm not complaining but I just thought it was odd.
jyang80,

I had my interview in January, and there is nothing to be nervous about! The faculty and staff are extremely friendly and helpful, and the interview itself is only about 20-30 minutes (and extremely laid-back). Just be yourself - they won't ask you any trick questions! Good luck!!

I got my acceptance letter about 3.5 weeks after my interview, so hopefully you'll hear back from them soon!

jyang80,

I had my interview in January, and there is nothing to be nervous about! The faculty and staff are extremely friendly and helpful, and the interview itself is only about 20-30 minutes (and extremely laid-back). Just be yourself - they won't ask you any trick questions! Good luck!!

I got my acceptance letter about 3.5 weeks after my interview, so hopefully you'll hear back from them soon!

Thanks bennie2015! You were right it was a very laid back interview. I feel really good about this interview and I am crossing my fingers that I get in. I'm pretty sure i'm gonna go crazy just waiting these 3-4 wks.

I have my interview with Creighton tomorrow. Im on campus and am pretty lost. Could anyone that interviewed let me know what building they interviewed in on campus and a rough idea of where its located?