Program-Specific Info / Q's Creighton OTD fall 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AspiringOT11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to Creighton's program? If so, have you heard anything from them yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am still waiting for verification but i submitted on Sept 15th. I wonder if Creighton has already begun giving out interview invites. When did you submit?
Submitted OTCAS 26 Aug but didn't submit supplemental until sept 21st. There was another thread where people who applied in Oct didn't get interviews til Jan so not worried. Will post in here when I hear something. You mind doing the same?

okay that's good to know. Sounds good. Will let you know!

Can someone tell me what's so good about Creighton other than its ranking? It's awfully expensive for somewhere in the middle of the country...I haven't found much about research, but maybe it's just a bad website. I might apply, because they have a well-regarded PT program, too, and I think I'd have a shot there...

Can someone tell me what's so good about Creighton other than its ranking? It's awfully expensive for somewhere in the middle of the country...I haven't found much about research, but maybe it's just a bad website. I might apply, because they have a well-regarded PT program, too, and I think I'd have a shot there...

A lot of the expense has to do with the fact that it is a private school--the undergrad tuition is pretty expensive too. There is a research portion of the program--I think during the final year but I'm not for sure on that. Additionally, it was the first school to enact a Doctorate program both for OT and PT, though I'm not sure how much that really matters. Just kind of a cool fact.

Has anyone heard about interviews yet?/Is anyone interviewing in November?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats guys!! When did you submit your applications? Or, I guess, when were they verified? I'm getting impatient. :)
I was verified in the beginning of october. There are gonna be interviews going on till like march so there is still time! Don't give up hope!

I was verified in the beginning of october. There are gonna be interviews going on till like march so there is still time! Don't give up hope!
Okay! I was verified mid-October so hopefully I will hear something soon :)

Got the interview--December 4th!

Reactions: 1 user
Got an interview for February 12! Woo! Anyone else interviewing with Creighton in February?

Has anyone chosen the March 4th interview??

Hey everyone,

Just found this forum and wanted to share dates and the length I had to wait for all those that are asking. I submitted the supplemental app and OTCAS on August 28th, took until end of September to verify for OTCAS. On November 3rd, I got offered an interview and signed up for December 4th!
Also, I live in Omaha so if anyone out of town wants to know anything about the city just ask. I'll try to check this forum out as much as I can.

A lot of the expense has to do with the fact that it is a private school--the undergrad tuition is pretty expensive too. There is a research portion of the program--I think during the final year but I'm not for sure on that. Additionally, it was the first school to enact a Doctorate program both for OT and PT, though I'm not sure how much that really matters. Just kind of a cool fact.

Has anyone heard about interviews yet?/Is anyone interviewing in November?

Just FYI, the first interview date is now December 4th. November was listed originally but it got changed to December.

--Just read that you got an interview 12/4 so I'm sure you're aware of the changes.

I am considering applying right now. Anyone applying for the Regis pathway?

Also, does anyone know if you can apply for both the Regis pathway and the Omaha campus pathway? Even if it means paying the application fee twice.

I am considering applying right now. Anyone applying for the Regis pathway?

Also, does anyone know if you can apply for both the Regis pathway and the Omaha campus pathway? Even if it means paying the application fee twice.
I don't think that you can, but definitely call an admissions counselor to be sure.

Does anyone else's portal for Creighton say that you have not paid the supplement fee? I already paid for the fee when I applied (and it was taken out of my bank account) but it still says it hasn't been paid and my application will not be reviewed until it has been. I called their admissions office (no answer :/ ) and emailed them before thanksgiving and haven't heard back. I was offered an interview already but I want to see if anyone else is getting this message on their portal? Thanks!

Does anyone else's portal for Creighton say that you have not paid the supplement fee? I already paid for the fee when I applied (and it was taken out of my bank account) but it still says it hasn't been paid and my application will not be reviewed until it has been. I called their admissions office (no answer :/ ) and emailed them before thanksgiving and haven't heard back. I was offered an interview already but I want to see if anyone else is getting this message on their portal? Thanks!

I had the same problem but then I realized that on Creighton's website they specifically say to click "Return to App/Return to Creighton Website" after submitting through PayPal or else the payment won't be reflected on the application. I simply paid again and just contacted Paypal to explain the situation and they will be refunding my money for the first submission :)

I had the same problem but then I realized that on Creighton's website they specifically say to click "Return to App/Return to Creighton Website" after submitting through PayPal or else the payment won't be reflected on the application. I simply paid again and just contacted Paypal to explain the situation and they will be refunding my money for the first submission :)
Thanks! I didn't use PayPal--I just used my debit card and checked out as a guest. I'm hoping its fine but I'm hoping admissions will get back to me soon! Thanks for your help

Hi can anyone give some insight about what the interview is like (for those of you who had it in December)? I have mine in March and the agenda says there will only be an interview for about 30 minutes and the rest of the time will be learning about Creighton essentially. Thanks!

Hi can anyone give some insight about what the interview is like (for those of you who had it in December)? I have mine in March and the agenda says there will only be an interview for about 30 minutes and the rest of the time will be learning about Creighton essentially. Thanks!
You have it right! It's a pretty laid back day. Creighton does a great job of making you feel super comfortable and at ease (at least I thought so.) Good luck!

That's a relief, interviews can be so stressful!! Did they say how long it takes after your interview to hear back? Good luck to you too :)

They said we'll find out 3-4 weeks after interviews

Reactions: 2 users
I'm being a little over-obsessive here but I interviewed on Dec 4. I looked and saw that the "status" of my Creighton application changed this Wednesday...wonder if that means anything :nailbiting:

Interview was very relaxed. The time flew by. They basically had to kick me out because we ran out of time lol but just have a good reason why you want to be an OT, know the difference between MOT and OTD and why you want an OTD. Know the program, Jesuit values, and be able to provide specific examples from your experiences regarding OT or what has prepared to get this far.

I got a letter from Creighton today saying they've selected me as an alternate.
:/ Would you consider that a good or bad thing?

I couldn't tell you whether it's good or bad.. waiting to hear back too! But was curious which pathway you applied for.

I couldn't tell you whether it's good or bad.. waiting to hear back too! But was curious which pathway you applied for.

I applied for the campus pathway. I thought about doing the regis pathway, but I don't think I'd do well with online courses. They accept more students to the campus pathway than the regis pathway anyway.

Hey everyone,

Just found this forum and wanted to share dates and the length I had to wait for all those that are asking. I submitted the supplemental app and OTCAS on August 28th, took until end of September to verify for OTCAS. On November 3rd, I got offered an interview and signed up for December 4th!
Also, I live in Omaha so if anyone out of town wants to know anything about the city just ask. I'll try to check this forum out as much as I can.

I just looked up and saw your post. I currently live in Kansas City. I would have to move to Omaha if I got accepted, seeing as there aren't really any cities in between. My boyfriend would move with me, but he is against Omaha because he says it's boring and "sucks." He also has a transportation company(basically like a taxi, he mostly takes people to and from the airport) and he says he doesn't think there's enough people there to run his business. Do you have any thoughts on this?

I just looked up and saw your post. I currently live in Kansas City. I would have to move to Omaha if I got accepted, seeing as there aren't really any cities in between. My boyfriend would move with me, but he is against Omaha because he says it's boring and "sucks." He also has a transportation company(basically like a taxi, he mostly takes people to and from the airport) and he says he doesn't think there's enough people there to run his business. Do you have any thoughts on this?

I don't really have any thoughts on the matter, only because I simply don't know and wouldn't want to say anything inaccurate. I do know that Omaha is thriving and there's a lot of ppl always spending money pretty much everywhere throughout the metro. Omaha's airport is nice but not very big. There are a lot of hotels downtown and ppl will need transportation. The College World Series always brings in a lot of business every July as well.

You probably applied too late and all of the interview dates are full.

Do what you need to do to get through. I live in New England, but I applied to two Philly schools. If you guys care enough, you can make it work. My boyfriend will be going wherever he can get into a Ph.D. program. If it's a problem, do a 2 year school so you're only gone for a year and a half (BC of fieldwork).

Anyone heard back from Creighton who went to the December 4th interview?

I'm thinking either the week of the 28th or the week of the 4th, at the latest, we'll know! It's killing me waiting...

My interview is April 1!!! Anyone have any interview tips?

Got my acceptance letter today!!

Reactions: 1 users
I got a letter saying I was chosen as an alternate. At least it wasn't a straight up rejection i guess!

I got my acceptance letter just the other day! 90% sure I will be attending. :) can't wait!

When you guys interviewed, how many students were interview with you?
I think there were 33 to be exact. There's 5 interviews and 80 spots (counting the Greater Omaha pathway) soooo the odds of being accepted once you get an interview is about 50%. (I have too much time on my hands over here hahaha...)