Program-Specific Info / Q's Creighton OTD fall 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think there were 33 to be exact. There's 5 interviews and 80 spots (counting the Greater Omaha pathway) soooo the odds of being accepted once you get an interview is about 50%. (I have too much time on my hands over here hahaha...)

The interview day said it'll end at 1, did it end exactly at 1? Because I am trying to catch a flight that same day!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh okay so the last hour is the luncheon part(from 12-1) is optional? How'd you like the program btw?
I really liked it! They make you feel really at home and more excited than nervous--you get to try on your white coat which is pretty cool. :) I got the sense that the faculty have strong relationships with their students which is a big plus for me.

I really liked it! They make you feel really at home and more excited than nervous--you get to try on your white coat which is pretty cool. :) I got the sense that the faculty have strong relationships with their students which is a big plus for me.

It seems like a great program! I'm just queasy about the tuition... Sorry last questions, but the luncheon is from 12-1 is optional? I'm trying to see if catching a flight at 3 might be cutting it too close if it ends at 1.

It seems like a great program! I'm just queasy about the tuition... Sorry last questions, but the luncheon is from 12-1 is optional? I'm trying to see if catching a flight at 3 might be cutting it too close if it ends at 1.
I didn't interview there but I would say that while lunch is optional you should still try to go. More opportunity to let yourself shine... Just a thought. Good luck!

Yes it's completely optional. I enjoyed going but at that point it will not affect your chances of getting in so do not stress about going! I totally feel you on the tuition...
Also, the Omaha airport is maybe 15 minutes from campus and it is VERY small so you don't have to be at the airport any earlier than 2.

Hi can anyone give some insight about what the interview is like (for those of you who had it in December)? I have mine in March and the agenda says there will only be an interview for about 30 minutes and the rest of the time will be learning about Creighton essentially. Thanks!
The interview is very relaxed. There is a 2nd year student in the room asking you questions, as well, which I thought made it seem a little less stressful. Basically just know the normal questions (why OT over another career, why Creighton, etc.) and you'll do great!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You are interviewing February also?! Are you from Omaha?
Yes I am! No I'm from Minnesota so I have to travel down to Omaha, hopefully the weather will be well enough for me to drive in! What about you?

Yes I am! No I'm from Minnesota so I have to travel down to Omaha, hopefully the weather will be well enough for me to drive in! What about you?

I am flying there! Are you staying at any hotels around Creighton?

I am flying there! Are you staying at any hotels around Creighton?
I have a friend that goes to creighton for her undergrad so I'm staying with her! It's coming up so I'm starting to get nervous!! Good luck and hope to see you there :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone that has been accepted into the OT program at Creighton heard anything else back from them? I know on one of the sheets on the acceptance packet it said we would be receiving an email about a background check and other things in the beginning of February, so I was wondering if anyone has received one yet.

Has anyone that has been accepted into the OT program at Creighton heard anything else back from them? I know on one of the sheets on the acceptance packet it said we would be receiving an email about a background check and other things in the beginning of February, so I was wondering if anyone has received one yet.

I'm assuming you have been interviewed by Creighton. I have an interview coming up and I was wondering how was your interview? Any general tips on the questions they asked you! Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

I'm assuming you have been interviewed by Creighton. I have an interview coming up and I was wondering how was your interview? Any general tips on the questions they asked you! Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
The interview is really relaxed actually. They have a second year student in there, along with a faculty member. I interned with an OT that did the interviews at Creighton so she gave me some excellent tips before the interview. They ask pretty basic questions like why Creighton, why ot, how you handled a conflict at work, an ethical dilemma that you have faced, and research you have been involved in. The OT I shadowed with gave me the advice to stress that Creighton is your top pick because they were the 1st doctorate program which really impressed you and to talk up any research you have done :)

I was accepted back in December and I have not heard anything. I confirmed that they received my $400 tuition deposit and those forms agreeing that you would have the prereqs done before whatever date. They said be on the lookout for further emails "in the spring".

Anyone else waitlisted at creighton? Do you think sending a letter of interest will be helpful?

Anyone else waitlisted at creighton? Do you think sending a letter of interest will be helpful?
I was waitlisted. I just sent an email letting them know that I appreciate it and will continue working on bettering my application.

I was waitlisted. I just sent an email letting them know that I appreciate it and will continue working on bettering my application.
So, how does that work. You are already wait listed and I haven't even interviewed yet. I interview with them next week. Does this mean all spots are filled and I will either be denied or waitlisted? I have an airline ticket and a hotel room.

So, how does that work. You are already wait listed and I haven't even interviewed yet. I interview with them next week. Does this mean all spots are filled and I will either be denied or waitlisted? I have an airline ticket and a hotel room.
It does not mean the program is full! People from the first round of interviews were waitlisted as well. Positive thoughts!!

does anyone know how many students they accept per interview round?

Has anyone heard back from the February 12th interview yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard back from the February 12th interview yet?

Not yet. Still waiting anxiously, though. Hopefully within this week because I don't think I can wait another week!

Anyone else who interviewed on Feb 12 get a response yet?

anyone still waiting to hear from them? I haven't heard ANYTHING! does that mean it's a no-go for me? when was the last interview date?

anyone still waiting to hear from them? I haven't heard ANYTHING! does that mean it's a no-go for me? when was the last interview date?
April 1st is the last interview date. You could try to give them a call- every time I've contacted them it's been very informative and helpful!

Hmm that's odd that you haven't been contacted. I would strongly suggest calling because the last interview date is approaching. I know other ppl on here were contacted regardless of being offered an interview or selected as an alternative. I would also double check that your application is fully complete.

All they said was that my application is still "pending" and that the committee will let me know in the next couple of weeks...... That's probably not good news:(

Hmm that's odd that you haven't been contacted. I would strongly suggest calling because the last interview date is approaching. I know other ppl on here were contacted regardless of being offered an interview or selected as an alternative. I would also double check that your application is fully complete.

All they said was that my application is still "pending" and that the committee will let me know in the next couple of weeks...... That's probably not good news:(

Has anyone heard back from the March 4th interview!?

Have you heard anything yet?
I haven't gotten an acceptance letter/email, but this morning I received an email from Creighton's Financial Aid Department congratulating me for my recent acceptance and sent me a breakdown of my financial aid... if I don't receive anything in the mail the next couple of days I will email them.

I haven't gotten an acceptance letter/email, but this morning I received an email from Creighton's Financial Aid Department congratulating me for my recent acceptance and sent me a breakdown of my financial aid... if I don't receive anything in the mail the next couple of days I will email them.
How was the financial aid package? Any grants or scholarships?

How was the financial aid package? Any grants or scholarships?
Whatever they sent me is based off on FAFSA only. I'm assuming I have to contact them regarding scholarships or other grants they offer.

Is there a Facebook group or anything started for admitted students? It would be helpful to talk with other admitted students about different things before making a decision on accepting my admission

I don't know if anyone has the answer to this, but from my understanding, professional school does not offer any aid. It's straight loans with interest. No grants, no aid based on income, only scholarships available. I've filled out my fafsa and I'm waiting to hear back but this is what my parents and I have concluded basically.
Anyone know anything different?

When did you apply?

For those that interviewed on February 12th, I received my acceptance letter Sat. 3/26 and received an email on 3/24 regarding financial aid. I have 30 days from the date it was sent (3/24) to make my deposit to attend.