Creighton pharmacy campus pathway

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemicalcar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I haven't heard anything from the school. I interviewed on dec. 7th.... anybody hear anything??????

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview soon. How did you like it?

Doesn't seem like anyone is posting much on the campus pathway forum. Anyways I have an interview on Jan 25th. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I'm actually a first year student in the campus pathway now. I used this site when I was looking at schools, and thought it would've been really helpful to talk to current students. So, if you have any questions, ask away! Oh, and come here. :)

Hey Dan!

I have an interview coming up on the 25th. Im really excited, so far Creighton looks like a great school and its my top choice. Hows the campus and city? I really hope I get accepted. Also any interview tips?

Hey, good luck! I personally have quickly fallen in love with Omaha. It has everything you would want out of a huge city, without the big city feel. I can't speak as much about campus. All of the classes I've had so far have been in two buildings, both of which are on the outskirts of campus near the parking lot. I like the buildings a lot, and they are good for studying in, without being too busy. It is a beautiful campus, but as a pharmacy student you won't spend a whole lot of time in the heart of campus. Don't worry about the interview. Seriously. It is the easiest interview you will ever have. The only tough question they ask is "Why do you want to be a pharmacist?" Outside of that, they really just want to get to know you, so it's more of a formal conversation, than an interview. Just be yourself! Hope that helps a little bit. I'll try to check back here as often as I can remember to answer any questions!

Hi Dan,
I just got accepted. I am an out-of-state student and I was wondering about housing. Do you have any suggestions where that is very close by and affordable? Is it necessary to have a car?

Congrats Faith! Here's what I know: I live at an apartment complex called River Park apartments with one other pharmacy student that I met on the roommate list Creighton provides. River Park is actually in Council Bluffs. That's not as bad as it sounds. It's about a 5 minute drive to class every day and we have pools and live on golf course. Parking is free. If you don't want to bring a car to Omaha, there are a few places within walking distance. Both Capitol Hill and Capitol Row are apartment complexes filled almost entirely within Creighton students. Capitol Hill is about $550-600/month for a studio apartment. Capitol Row is a little more spendy. I know it's $700/month/person for a two bedroom. Otherwise, there's Kellom apartments. These are VERY close to where pharmacy classes are held. Basicallly across the road. I'm not sure on prices though. I think they're similiar to Capitol Hill. Opus is another place several pharmacy students live, but it has fairly strict rules. I'm not sure about the prices there either, but I don't think it's too expensive. I personally love River Park and plan on living here the whole time I'm in school.

So the top places I would check out if I were you are River Park, Capitol Hill, Capitol Row, Kellom, and Opus. Omaha's a big city though, so of course there are a lot of other options. Those are probably just the most convenient.

Congrats again!

P.S. Join Kappa Psi :)

Do you have any other apartment suggestions? I'm looking to spend around $550 a month, and the ones you listed are all more expensive than that except for Capitol Hill, but they don't allow pets, and I have two cats. Do you know of any other apartments around Creighton around that price range? I want to live close to Creighton, ideally within 5 miles if possible. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

@anb2017 I'm not really familiar with many places outside of what I listed. Based on what you described, though, River Park sounds perfect for you. It's about 2 miles away, pets are allowed for a small fee I believe, and it's not too expensive. Otherwise you're on your own. Sorry. If you're willing to live with someone else, definitely look into the roommate list. That alone would save you $100-200/month.

I live with one other pharmacy student at River Park and our rent is $480/month/person.

Last edited:
Dan,

Thanks for the River Park suggestion, I looked at those apartments and they seem really nice. How's the parking at Creighton though? I just want to know because I'd rather live within walking distance of Creighton if its really hard to find parking.

Parking is a little bit of a pain. There is a large student lot right next to the main pharmacy building. It costs about $350 for the whole year. If you get to school after 9am, the lot is usually pretty full. There are other places to park for free, but you'll need to walk 5-8 blocks to class, which is no fun during the winter. All in all parking is managable. If you like to get to class a little bit early, you'll have no problem. Otherwise, you're usually still okay, but every 3 weeks or so you might need to find a different spot.

Thanks Dan! So how do you like your classes. Are there practice exams and old exams that you can use to prepare you for exams? Do professors give that to students or we have to look for them?
I know that the exams are on the computer. I am a bit of a pencil, paper, scantron person. How did you adjust?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Dan! So how do you like your classes. Are there practice exams and old exams that you can use to prepare you for exams? Do professors give that to students or we have to look for them?
I know that the exams are on the computer. I am a bit of a pencil, paper, scantron person. How did you adjust?

Does anyone know how Creighton students fare in terms of residency programs?

I was wondering if anyone that is already in the Pharmacy program could answer this:
I was told that Microsoft OneNote is widely used to take notes in class.
In terms of the computer programs that Pharmacy students use on the laptops to copy notes and do their coursework, what other Microsoft Office and computer programs/software/applications that you noticed are heavily used?

Does anyone know how Creighton students fare in terms of residency programs?

I was told that about 25% of the graduates match with residencies.

I was wondering if anyone that is already in the Pharmacy program could answer this:
I was told that Microsoft OneNote is widely used to take notes in class.
In terms of the computer programs that Pharmacy students use on the laptops to copy notes and do their coursework, what other Microsoft Office and computer programs/software/applications that you noticed are heavily used?

You will use Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word to open presentations and documents so that you "print" them into OneNote where you take notes on the side.

has anyone created a fb group for the pharmacy campus pathway for 2017? I also was wondering if any females are looking for a roommate next year? IF so, send me a message. I live in Omaha, so if you want to come a few months early to look at apartments, I'd be able to meet with you. I also know the area well, so if you have any questions message me.

Well since there wasn't a Facebook group for the Class of 2017, I went ahead and made one:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/417304305032597/
Hopefully,before school starts everyone in the class can get better acquainted!
Please feel free to post anything you want (ex: Roommates, Housing, Administration,Class,etc....)
I look forward to seeing and meeting all of you this Fall!

Last edited:
About 1/2 of the graduates who want residencies actually get them, so 25% sounds like a good number.

Since we are given laptop/tablets you can actually "write" your notes in your own hand, which I love.

I had my interview March 22 and am also on the alternate list with the same online status you posted. I received my letter 4/15. Hoping for the best

has anyone been accepted from the alternate list yet?

I found out yesterday I'm an alternate. I interviewed 4/5. Does anyone know how long the alternate list is? How soon Id hear back?

I found out yesterday I'm an alternate. I interviewed 4/5. Does anyone know how long the alternate list is? How soon Id hear back?

Hey there, I interviewed that day too !!! How did you find out? Did they call you or you got a postal mail?

Dan,

Thanks for the River Park suggestion, I looked at those apartments and they seem really nice. How's the parking at Creighton though? I just want to know because I'd rather live within walking distance of Creighton if its really hard to find parking.

I got accepted or survived from the alternate list

Congrats. And, do you mind to share the time frame of those changes?! When your interview was, when you got to you were in alternate list (phone or mail), when you were pull out from alternate list (phone ỏ mail). Thanks.

Hey there, I interviewed that day too !!! How did you find out? Did they call you or you got a postal mail?

I received a letter in the mail that states I'm an alternate. Not sure what day it actually arrived but I got it on Friday.

Congrats. And, do you mind to share the time frame of those changes?! When your interview was, when you got to you were in alternate list (phone or mail), when you were pull out from alternate list (phone ỏ mail). Thanks.
sure, well I interviewed there on December. got a letter on Jan saying that I was on alternate list. I got another letter on end of march with a big package saying I got accepted.

sure, well I interviewed there on December. got a letter on Jan saying that I was on alternate list. I got another letter on end of march with a big package saying I got accepted.

For some reasons, I figured out that is the process of getting acceptance in Creighton. I meat it looks like they will not accept at the first place. Only after being in the alternate list, you will get in finally. I am not sure if that is correct but most of people I talked to or knew of had the same situation. Especially in my interview (April 5th), they said there were like 75 seats left. But, I dont know why they still let people in the alternate list considering the last interview date is April 26.

But, anyways, congrats since you already got in :)

Anyone else got accepted from April 5th interview?

I hope that what you are saying is true. How do you know they have 75 seats left? I am getting anxious!!!

I hope that what you are saying is true. How do you know they have 75 seats left? I am getting anxious!!!

That was one of the admission people said in April 5th interview (the lady in purple T-shirt and short hair who showed us the youtube video abt Omaha). Did I hear it wrong? Do you remember the exact number she said? But, I heard it was 75. Hope that is not wrong. haha

did you provide updates to your application while being on the wait list?

I know my alternate letter said to share any updates such as finishing more classes, awards, etc. Does anyone know how big the alternate list is?

Has anyone heard anything (acceptance, alternate) that interviewed on April 19th? When I interviewed on April 19th, there were 35 applicants there. Someone asked how many spots they had open and one of the admissions people said that they had enough spots to accept every body who was there that day! I hope so. Has anyone gotten an email about the pre-matriculation 8 week program prior to acceptance?????

Capitol rows vs midtown crossing apartments?

So I was told I was an alternate and have not been told I have been accepted (or denied) yet but I received my financial aid info? Does this mean I've been accepted? So confused.