Creighton Pre-Medical Post-Bac 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Have you applied to the pre-medical post-bac program at Creighton University for 2015?

• Total voters
Anyone else here talked to Creighton and have new information this week.....or plan to call/email?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I applied to the pre-dent post bacc and I was notified for an interview last week and we have interviews this Saturday March 7th via Skype.

Hi,

I applied to the pre-dent post bacc and I was notified for an interview last week and we have interviews this Saturday March 7th via Skype.
That's wonderful. Congrats!! I'm hoping that doesn't mean that we won't be notified until the week before scheduled pre-med interviews. If so, we'd still have about 3 weeks to wait. Thanks for letting us know. If you don't mind, please let us know how your interview goes on Saturday and offer any advice that you can. We'd all appreciate it. Even though it's pre-dent, I'm sure the interview experiences will be similar to what we should expect as pre-med. Thanks so much and congrats again.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's wonderful. Congrats!! I'm hoping that doesn't mean that we won't be notified until the week before scheduled pre-med interviews. If so, we'd still have about 3 weeks to wait. Thanks for letting us know. If you don't mind, please let us know how your interview goes on Saturday and offer any advice that you can. We'd all appreciate it. Even though it's pre-dent, I'm sure the interview experiences will be similar to what we should expect as pre-med. Thanks so much and congrats again.

Thanks! And sure I'll update you guys on Saturday

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,

I applied to the pre-dent too. Did they say in the email that they have sent it to all of them?

I applied to the pre-dent too. Did they say in the email that they have sent it to all of them?
The email said that all candidates will be interviewed on Saturday March 7th and that we had until February 27 to confirm that will be participating in the interview. And if we didn't get back to them by that day they'll assume you're no longer interested. So idk if theyre done sending out invites maybe for another day.

The email said that all candidates will be interviewed on Saturday March 7th and that we had until February 27 to confirm that will be participating in the interview. And if we didn't get back to them by that day they'll assume you're no longer interested. So idk if theyre done sending out invites maybe for another day.
How did your interview go?

How did your interview go?
Hi,

It went okay I guess. I couldn't really read what he was thinking so hopefully it went fine. It was with Dr. Norton, he asked all of the questions and Mr. Vasser was just in attendance. He asked questions like what do I know about the postbacc, why did I pick the postbacc, what do I feel that I can add to the postbacc, have I ever been to Nebraska, why dentistry, your strengths, etc. In the end he asked if I had any questions. Overall it lasted about 20 minutes. It wasn't bad at all. I just don't know how I did in his perspective.

Reactions: 2 users
The pre-dents found out the week before interviews I think. If that holds true then maybe we'll hear next week since that'll be the week before pre-med interviews are scheduled.

Hi,

It went okay I guess. I couldn't really read what he was thinking so hopefully it went fine. It was with Dr. Norton, he asked all of the questions and Mr. Vasser was just in attendance. He asked questions like what do I know about the postbacc, why did I pick the postbacc, what do I feel that I can add to the postbacc, have I ever been to Nebraska, why dentistry, your strengths, etc. In the end he asked if I had any questions. Overall it lasted about 20 minutes. It wasn't bad at all. I just don't know how I did in his perspective.

So did they mention when you'd get a decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
Really hoping we all hear back tomorrow regarding interviews. It would match the pre-dents timeline. Cross your fingers!

In years past they have never taken 8 weeks with applications. This year they are. It appears that pre-meds found out ahead of pre-dents, but this year that is not the case. Lol. It's all "off" this year. I've stopped trying to guess and establish patterns, but hey...anything is possible, so all we can do is keep hope alive! One thing we can say for sure is, "it'll be SOON!!!" Lol

Sigh....wonder what's really going on behind the scenes....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 81
Sigh....wonder what's really going on behind the scenes....
I'm positive they've got a good reason for postponing it so much, but I can't say it isn't driving me crazy! Surely we should hear this week if they are sticking with the March 28th interview date...

Congrats! What time did you get it/do you know if they were all sent? Nothing on my end, sadly.

Congrats! What time did you get it/do you know if they were all sent? Nothing on my end, sadly.

Awesome! Did they give a date by which you had to accept the invite? I believe notices for acceptance and rejection are expected at the same time. Good luck!

Thanks! I got it at 4 PM (central time). I'm not sure if all were sent, but I'm assuming so since the interviews are all on the 28th per the email. (But don't quote me on that!) I have to accept the invite by the 24th.

Thanks! I got it at 4 PM (central time). I'm not sure if all were sent, but I'm assuming so since the interviews are all on the 28th per the email. (But don't quote me on that!) I have to accept the invite by the 24th.

Cool. Can you take a screenshot of the email you received & post it?

Looks like interviews were pushed back a week.

For any of the pre-dents, I got interviewed and I found out I got accepted today. I am not taking a position because I got into a Baylor's Post Bacc as well and it's cheaper for me. I know they only accepted 5 students, so if you're on the wait list, it may just be your lucky day!

Hello everyone, I've applied to the pre-med program as well. Did anyone contact Creighton to see if invitations for an interview were in fact sent out?

Hello everyone, I've applied to the pre-med program as well. Did anyone contact Creighton to see if invitations for an interview were in fact sent out?
I wouldn't lose all hope just yet. I got an invite for the interview today, so it's possible that either 1. They are simply asking different days or 2. Enough people denied interview invites so they are now extending more. I'm certainly confused at this point.

Congratulations! When is the date of your interview? The 28th?

Thanks for replying to my posts :) All the best to you!

Hi everyone,

Not a post back applicant but I am thinking about doing it if I do not get into med school this year so I'm just following this thread. My stats are the following: Nebraska resident, URM, graduated from UNO with a biology and Spanish degree in 2013. cGPA 3.5, sGPA 3.4, MCAT 26 (Jan 2015), have plenty of medical exp. I will be applying to UNMC but since I have a low MCAT, idk if they will take me.

Good luck to everyone with interviews!

I just found out about this thread...... too late to join in I guess....... but I will be in the 2015-2016 pre-med post-bacc, looking forward to see you guys in June!

I just found out about this thread...... too late to join in I guess....... but I will be in the 2015-2016 pre-med post-bacc, looking forward to see you guys in June!
Hey I'm in too... But if you don't mind can u please tell which loans you're using.. I'm having trouble finding all of my funding..

Hey I'm in too... But if you don't mind can u please tell which loans you're using.. I'm having trouble finding all of my funding..
I take the federal ones first, and cover the rest with Discover Student Loan.

Is there a Facebook group set up for those who are going to be in the program?

I'm not going to be financially able to take my spot. I'm glad I had a plan B and applied to actual SMP Masters programs where I'll be able to get full financial support and funding through the FAFSA since it's a degree granting program.

I'm not going to be financially able to take my spot. I'm glad I had a plan B and applied to actual SMP Masters programs where I'll be able to get full financial support and funding through the FAFSA since it's a degree granting program.
Too bad you won't be joining the family... But wish you the best of luck!!!

Too bad you won't be joining the family... But wish you the best of luck!!!
It has actually already worked out for the best. I've gotten a seat in another program that is much closer to home. It actually grants the Masters degree, so funding is now not an issue. I'm excited. I get to stay in the South!! Lol. Either way, once we all do well and knock out that new MCAT....we'll eventually be doctors. Best of luck to you!!

I just got accepted and was wondering if there are current/past students willing to please answer a few questions I have. Thanks!