Creighton University Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Seems like Creighton had only interviewed around 70-80 applicants so far for the distance pathway. It appears that there will be around 40 people interviewing in April if the school only interview about 115 applicants.

Reactions: 1 user
Seems like Creighton had only interviewed around 70-80 applicants so far for the distance pathway. It appears that there will be around 40 people interviewing in April if the school only interview about 115 applicants.
According to the postings here Creighton has interviewed 64 people for the distance pathway.
11/15: 13 per alk211611
01/24: 19 per mr2012
02/18: 8 per me
03/35: 24 per Onlypharm
I do not know how many people they CAN interview in a session. I wonder if 40-50 is a good number to them?
Additionally, my letter stating that I was an alternate said something like "If you have not yet interviewed, it is still possible that you will be extended an interview offer in the future." This may mean that people can be wait listed without an interview (so 'invisible' candidates could exist) and perhaps interviewed later?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
According to the postings here Creighton has interviewed 64 people for the distance pathway.
11/15: 13 per alk211611
01/24: 19 per mr2012
02/18: 8 per me
03/35: 24 per Onlypharm
I do not know how many people they CAN interview in a session. I wonder if 40-50 is a good number to them?
Additionally, my letter stating that I was an alternate said something like "If you have not yet interviewed, it is still possible that you will be extended an interview offer in the future." This may mean that people can be wait listed without an interview (so 'invisible' candidates could exist) and perhaps interviewed later?
There was also an interview session last December. No one has reported how many applicants interviewed then.

It is interesting that they would possibly put a candidate on the alternate list without a prior interview. I have not heard of that scenario happening.

Last edited:
There was also an interview session last December. No one has reported how many applicants interviewed then.

It is interesting that they would possibility put a candidate on the alternate list without a prior interview. I have not heard of that scenario happening.
I thought the December interview was just for the campus pathway?
I'm not sure if it is actually possible, the alternate letter simply makes it sound like a possibility. It may be possible but never practiced.

I thought the December interview was just for the campus pathway?
I'm not sure if it is actually possible, the alternate letter simply makes it sound like a possibility. It may be possible but never practiced.
You are right. There was no interview for the distance pathway in December. I would say that you have a good chance of being accepted as an alternate given that they really interview a small pool of applicants.

64 in total including today. They haven't interviewed more than 33 people in any interview session in the last 3 cycles according to data I have gathered from SDN.

Last edited:
If anyone receives an interview invite for April, can you please share with us. :)
Thanks... I am still waiting..

Thanks for the info! I wasn't sure if Creighton gives preference to applicants who don't live near big cities or schools of pharmacy.

Sorry, I should have clarified that the question pertains to the distance pathway.

I was told that Creighton was first established to meet the needs of the rural community, but they have evolved and do not give preference either way ;)

How is the process of interview going? What types of questions they are asking ? Plz let me know, tks

12/02/11- 18 distance interviewed
2/03/12- 24 (estimate)
4/03/12- 33 distance interviewed
4/27/12- 24 distance interviewed
99 total

12/14/12- 18 distance interviewed
1/22/13- 26 distance interviewed
3/26/13- 32 (estimate)
4/19/13- 32 distance interviewed
108 total

11/15/13- 13 distance interviewed
1/24/14- 19 distance interviewed
2/18/14- 8 distance interviewed
3/25/14- 24 distance interviewed
4/22/14- 31 distance interviewed
5/09/14- 15 distance interviewed
110 total

I'm guessing they will max out at 33 people for April session. They do 3 interview blocks for 30 minutes each. They have also stated that for the 2012 year, they went deep into their alternate list, which is the year they interviewed 99ish people. If they don't interview more than 33 in April, they will be at less than 2012 levels.

All data taken from previous threads. Estimates are unverified.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
12/02/11- 18 distance interviewed
2/03/12- 24 (estimate)
4/03/12- 33 distance interviewed
4/27/12- 24 distance interviewed
99 total

12/14/12- 18 distance interviewed
1/22/13- 26 distance interviewed
3/26/13- 32 (estimate)
4/19/13- 32 distance interviewed
108 total

11/15/13- 13 distance interviewed
1/24/14- 19 distance interviewed
2/18/14- 8 distance interviewed
3/25/14- 24 distance interviewed
4/22/14-???
64 so far.

I'm guessing they will max out at 33 people for April session. They do 3 interview blocks for 30 minutes each. They have also stated that for the 2012 year, they went deep into their alternate list, which is the year they interviewed 99ish people. If they don't interview more than 33 in April, they will be at less than 2012 levels.

All data taken from previous threads. Estimates are unverified.
Sounds really good for people on waiting list!!

Members don't see this ad :)
My portal stilled showed an update date of 3/4. I guess that was when they processed my supplemental. If I don't hear anything by April 1, I will call admissions to get the status of my application. It would be nice to know if they will consider me for the last interview in April or not.
Could you be so kind and let us know what they say. I am too already tempted to call them....
Thanks

I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow to get the status of my application for the distance pathway. It's a little surprising no one has posted about the 4/22 interview. I suppose those who are going to the last interview distance are not sdn members.

Maybe they didnt invite yet? From last years post ppl started talking about last interview in april on april 11 and 13..

I'm hoping for an interview. If I get an invite, I'll let you know.

I have an interview on 4/22 for the distance pathway, I will let you guys know how many people attend my session. :)

I have an interview on 4/22 for the distance pathway, I will let you guys know how many people attend my session. :)
Congrats and good luck! With an interview, you have a really good chance of getting accepted. When did you submit your supplemental?

Did anyone speak to admissions today about the 4/22 interview session?

Did anyone speak to admissions today about t' 4/22 interview session?
I called today to get the status of my application. The lady who answered took my name down and said I will get an e-mail regarding my status. She doesn't know about the 4/22 interview session and said that someone will give me a call to answer my question. I haven't received an e-mail or a call today.

I called today to get the status of my application. The lady who answered took my name down and said I will get an e-mail regarding my status. She doesn't know about the 4/22 interview session and said that someone will give me a call to answer my question. I haven't received an e-mail or a call today.
Thank u. I will prob call them tomorrow also..

when i was waiting for my interview i called twice and both times the lady said she would write my name down and have someone email me but both times I never got anything

when i was waiting for my interview i called twice and both times the lady said she would write my name down and have someone email me but both times I never got anything
Really? Maybe I shouldn't call then.. Did you interview already then?

Today I logged in to check my status, it reported that no status was found. Has anyone else who has interview experienced this?

Haven't received any email about my application status. At this point, I am not holding much hope for Creighton. Good luck to everybody still waiting for the last interview invite.

Congrats and good luck! With an interview, you have a really good chance of getting accepted. When did you submit your supplemental?
I submitted by supplementals way back in November, I was surprised it too so long for them to contact me about an interview. I figured they had forgotten about me

I checked my supplemental status earlier today and it said "no status found" and this afternoon it says my application status is now complete. It never went to committee review. I hope that doesn't mean an automatic rejection, hah!

I checked my supplemental status earlier today and it said "no status found" and this afternoon it says my application status is now complete. It never went to committee review. I hope that doesn't mean an automatic rejection, hah!

Same here.

Good luck! You guys are probably going to get your admission status soon.

I also saw the same thing. Wish we were able to see the status online. The wait continues.

I also had the same status changes...I guess we will have to see what this means!!

Well I hope something comes in the mail this week since the applications are complete.

Do you guys know of a thread such as this one for the campus pathway? I am not finding interview numbers for campus and am interested as I interviewed yesterday and there were only 16 of us, which didn't seem like many if only doing 8 interview sessions.