Creighton University Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pinterest279

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
There wasn't an official thread for Creighton yet so I created one.
Their preferred deadline isn't until Nov 1st but I'm too excited!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Any one heard from Creighton??

Wanna share your stats?

I will be submitting my SA this weekend. How long did pharmCAS take to review your transcripts? Are you applying for campus or distance? I am applying for the distance pathway and too excited as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my pharmcas app on 8/25 and my gpa was verified by 9/18. I'm also trying to submit my supp app this weekend. I'm applying for campus pathway!

To anyone who completed supplemental app for Creighton,

For the essays, the prompt says two double-spaced pages. Does that apply only to the first required essay or do the other optional essays have to be two pages too?

I used the two-double spaced pages as a max guideline for each of the essays. Has anyone received interview invites for Creighton yet?

I submitted my PharmCAS & Creighton Supplemental in early October. Received an invitation to interview at the end of October and scheduled my interview for mid November!

Last edited:
To anyone who completed supplemental app for Creighton,

For the essays, the prompt says two double-spaced pages. Does that apply only to the first required essay or do the other optional essays have to be two pages too?

I only did 1 double-spaced page for each :)

Congratulations on your interview invite! :) That is so exciting! What are your stats/experience?

Congratulations on your interview invite! :) That is so exciting! What are your stats/experience?

Thank you!! I'm very excited. 3.65 overall GPA. 91 composite PCAT. No pharmacy experience.

Reactions: 1 user
Thats excellent! Congrats again and I can't wait to hear how the interview process is! I submitted my PharmCAS and SA on 10/24 so it's a waiting game for me now....

Thats excellent! Congrats again and I can't wait to hear how the interview process is! I submitted my PharmCAS and SA on 10/24 so it's a waiting game for me now....

Are you applying for the campus or distance pathway? I'm sure it won't be long till you hear back! Best of luck to you!!

Thank you! I am also applying for the Distance Pathway

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, guys! I'm a current P1 at Creighton (distance). I'm happy to answer any questions you guys have even though I've only been in pharmacy school a short time. I was in your shoes last year, so good luck!

I just got an interview invitation!! I chose December 6th. I'm applying to Campus Pathway.
Does anyone want to share their interview experience?

Congrats Pinterest279! What are your stats? When did you submit your SA?

Overall GPA 3.34, Science GPA 3.58, PCAT 84
Some retail pharmacy exp, intern at student-run clinic

I submitted SA on 10/27
Campus pathway

Creighton is an amazing school! It was in my top 2 schools. I was offered an interview and was accepted. I declined my seat for my first choice. Creighton is not like most schools and they do take a bit longer to respond but no worries if you get an invite there is a very big chance you will get accepted because they dont interview as many people as other schools do. Great Luck to Everyone!

Pharma18, what were your stats when you applied/accepted to Creighton?

I submitted the supplemental application on November 1st, and just received an interview request email today. I'm really excited since this is my first interview. I'm trying to decide which date to interview: December 5th or January 23rd. A couple of things to keep in mind:

Creighton is not my first choice school. I'm from California and would prefer to stay in my home state. I worry if I interview early what would happen if I'm accepted before I even hear from my top two choices, UCSF and UCSD. How long do you have after getting an offer to accept or decline and how much is the deposit for Creighton? I'm also concerned that if I wait for the January date it might conflict with interviews from the California schools, since I know they tend to interview in the end of January/ beginning of February.

Also, what do people do for accommodations/ transportation? I would be flying from California, probably Thursday evening, and go home either Friday night or Saturday. I have never been to Omaha so I would like to be able to explore the city and see if it's someplace I could imagine myself living in for at least four years.

I submitted the supplemental application on November 1st, and just received an interview request email today. I'm really excited since this is my first interview. I'm trying to decide which date to interview: December 5th or January 23rd. A couple of things to keep in mind:

Creighton is not my first choice school. I'm from California and would prefer to stay in my home state. I worry if I interview early what would happen if I'm accepted before I even hear from my top two choices, UCSF and UCSD. How long do you have after getting an offer to accept or decline and how much is the deposit for Creighton? I'm also concerned that if I wait for the January date it might conflict with interviews from the California schools, since I know they tend to interview in the end of January/ beginning of February.

Also, what do people do for accommodations/ transportation? I would be flying from California, probably Thursday evening, and go home either Friday night or Saturday. I have never been to Omaha so I would like to be able to explore the city and see if it's someplace I could imagine myself living in for at least four years.

Hey! Congrats on the interview invite! From what I've read, I believe you have 30 days from an offer of acceptance to accept/decline... and the offer should come within 4 weeks of your interview. I believe the deposit is $400. Again, this is all stuff that I've read because I haven't yet interviewed but hopefully it still helps.

I have friends in Omaha, so I can't speak too much on what most people do for accommodation/transportation, sorry!

GPA 3.4
PCAT 89
I volunteered in a hospital Pharmacy for 4 months
Board member for an organization
Background in research

Creighton is an amazing school! It was in my top 2 schools. I was offered an interview and was accepted. I declined my seat for my first choice. Creighton is not like most schools and they do take a bit longer to respond but no worries if you get an invite there is a very big chance you will get accepted because they dont interview as many people as other schools do. Great Luck to Everyone!

Hi Pharma18,

How was the interview process for creighton?

It was my favorite one. Very informative, very relaxed the culture of the school was like family and the one on one interview was with two people so we were all just having a conversation. Their laboratory is AMAZING!!!!!

Hi, guys! I'm a current P1 at Creighton (distance). I'm happy to answer any questions you guys have even though I've only been in pharmacy school a short time. I was in your shoes last year, so good luck!
Hey Kelp103! Thank you for the interest in those applying this year. Can you give us any tips in the areas of applying and interviews? Plus, if you don't mind giving us your stats it would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!

Hey Kelp103! Thank you for the interest in those applying this year. Can you give us any tips in the areas of applying and interviews? Plus, if you don't mind giving us your stats it would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!

For interview day, just relax. It really is very laid back (I know you're worried and I could say this 100 times and you would probably still be anxious). Last year, interviews were at the very end of the day, so try not to stress or you will be worried all day (I know I was). Really listen as they talk because they give you so much information while you're there to help you make a good decision about what school you want to ultimately go to.
They do not interview many people (at least for distance, not sure about campus) so your chances are already good if you get an interview. They really do treat you like you already go there. They aren't trying to trick you or anything with interview questions. It IS just a conversation. I was just honest about my shortcomings and what I could bring to being a pharmacist.

My stats:
My GPA wasn't good at all (I think I had a 2.9 in undergrad).
PCAT: 90+ (I don't remember exactly)
I have a degree in psychology and have worked for CVS as a certified tech for 2 years. Both of the pharmacists I work for wrote my LOR (were good letters :p) and one was a Creighton alumnus.

I really feel like Creighton looks at your whole application, so 1 weak part can be 'made up' for.
Also, our distance 'liaisons' (current distance students that traveled up to show us around) mentioned at my interview, if you get put on the wait list, don't freak out. I got put on the wait list (and I think quite a few people from my class did).

Just scheduled my interview for December 12 for the Distance Pathway! So excited! Any recommendations for hotels near campus?

Wow. I feel super privileged to have been granted an interview for Dec 5th after reading some of your stats...

GPA 2.86
PCAT 74

I think what made the difference was my extracurricular activities though. Hospital and pharmacy experience, biology club, pre-heath science club, teen mentor, and business manager/owner. I also had really good letters of recommendation and had a very solid admissions statement.

Last edited:
I also have an interview for Dec. 12!

Does anybody know approximate ratios for interviews:accepted students (particularly for the Distance Pathway)?

Also, congrats rnh1023 on your Dec. 12 interview! See you then!

I just got an interview invitation!! I chose December 6th. I'm applying to Campus Pathway.
Does anyone want to share their interview experience?
Hi! Are you sure you do not mean December 5th? The 6th is not an option from what I know and I don't want you to miss your interview!

Good Luck to everyone with interviews tomorrow! I can't wait to hear about the experience!

So, for anyone who is interested in the interview process:

You arrive at student center, get your name tag and a folder.
Once everyone's there, you r gonna take a headshot and try on white coats.
Next, there's a presentation about the school and the program.
A faculty/pharmacist will come to talk more about the curriculum.
Another tech department person gave a presentation about their laptop program.
Lunch with current students.
Tour of facilities and pharmacy skills lab
Rotations among interview, reflection, and student affairs (30 min each). Whichever comes first depends on your group number.

Throughout the whole process, everyone was welcoming and genuinely wanted to get to know you. Most people came out of the interview feeling good because their interviews were relaxed and conversational.
I didn't have the same feeling about my interview just because I was very intimidated by my interviewers. They asked me some tough but fair questions (I won't share specific questions)

Be ready to show your passion for pharmacy and who you are as an individual. Also there will be follow-up questions for anything you might say. The interview is conversational! Not simple Q&A

27 students at the interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Throughout the whole process, everyone was welcoming and genuinely wanted to get to know you. Most people came out of the interview feeling good because their interviews were relaxed and conversational.

Thanks for sharing the interview process. I'm really excited for my interview next month! Everything I've read about Creighton and heard about from talking to one of my old pharmacists who graduated from their program seems like it would be a really good fit for me, and that its a very friendly and welcoming program. Only thing that freaks me out is moving to the Midwest. I'm from California, so don't really know how to handle to cold. How cold does Omaha get? Any tips on what I should bring for clothing for my January interview? Obviously I will be wearing a suit, blouse and low heels to the interview, but what about outerwear? I probably need to go shopping since the only thing I have in terms of actual winter wear is a wool coat and maybe a couple of scarves.

Thanks for sharing the interview process. I'm really excited for my interview next month! Everything I've read about Creighton and heard about from talking to one of my old pharmacists who graduated from their program seems like it would be a really good fit for me, and that its a very friendly and welcoming program. Only thing that freaks me out is moving to the Midwest. I'm from California, so don't really know how to handle to cold. How cold does Omaha get? Any tips on what I should bring for clothing for my January interview? Obviously I will be wearing a suit, blouse and low heels to the interview, but what about outerwear? I probably need to go shopping since the only thing I have in terms of actual winter wear is a wool coat and maybe a couple of scarves.

It was cold for me but the people there said the weather was actually nice for Omaha. It might get colder next month when you have your interview. I don't know about getting a coat just for the interview though. You can just borrow from someone. Check the weather before you go. The school also sends weather info the day before the interview.

Good luck!!

For those of you at the interview on Friday, how did it go? How man people were there?

I had my interview for the Distance Pathway on Nov 18. They hoped to get us an admission decision within 2 weeks but we haven't heard anything yet.

There were 21 students at the distance interview on Dec 12 (19 female, 2 male). They also mentioned that they would try to have decisions out prior to the holiday break. Has anybody heard from Creighton on acceptance/alternate?

Kitkatmeow, have you noticed any change on your status in your SA portal? (mine has changed to no status since after the interview)

Only two guys, huh? They did mention that the distance pathway is definitely female heavy. I hope you enjoyed the interview day as much as I did!

I've been in contact with one of the other women at my interview (there were 3 interviewees at mine) and neither she nor I have heard. I'm guessing within the next couple days because Tuesday will mark 4 weeks since the interview! I'm think they may have gotten delayed with Thanksgiving break.

After my interview, my SA portal said "No status found." It remained that way for 3 weeks. Then it was "under review by the faculty admission committee" for 2-3 days and changed to "complete" on Thursday afternoon!

Thats great! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! There were only 3 candidates at the Nov. 18 interview?

Yupp, only 3! Nice small group =)

I called today and I'm in! They said they would be sending out the official letters this week but told me I've been admitted over the phone (since it's been 4 weeks)! Can't wait to be a Bluejay!!!!

Hi, kitkatmeow
Do you remember me? from TX. :)
I'm in, too! I just called.
In fact, I can't believe it. & Can't wait to be one of Bluejays.

Congratulations to both of you!
vyj777, what were your stats?

Hi, kitkatmeow
Do you remember me? from TX. :)
I'm in, too! I just called.
In fact, I can't believe it. & Can't wait to be one of Bluejays.

GREAT!!! Congratulations! I already touched base with the other woman we interviewed with, too -- looks like they took the whole group!

Thank you, mppharm19, kitkatmeow, & Pinterest279
Especially, kitkameow!
so happy to be with you in the program
And my stats are:
GPA 3.89
PCAT 96 (composite)
No pharmacy experience but community volunteering for few years