Creighton University Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has your portal status changed from the Dec. 5 interview yet? (trying to time out how many weeks to expect from the Dec. 12 interview)

Yeh. The monday after the interview, it changed to "no status found". On the next friday, 12/12, it changed to something like "complete, under review by committee" (Not exact words).

Hope that helps

Members don't see this ad.

Are all you who got a reply from the distance pathway that interviewed in Nov? Mine was Dec 5th and I'm still waiting. It's driving me insane.

Are all you who got a reply from the distance pathway that interviewed in Nov? Mine was Dec 5th and I'm still waiting. It's driving me insane.
Yes, I received a letter yesterday, finally :)
Even though my status has not been updated yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I received a letter yesterday, finally :)
Even though my status has not been updated yet.

Awesome! So then I should expect it fairly soon. I take it you were accepted since you got that smile on your face.

Yep! My smile means that.
I think you will get a reply soon.
Due to Thanksgiving holiday, it seems they needed more time to make a decision for me.

Congrats! So happy for you!!! Must be a lovely early Christmas present!

My portal says last updated 12/17/14. Perhaps that means they already have an answer. I'll have to give them a call on Monday.

My portal says last updated 12/17/14. Perhaps that means they already have an answer. I'll have to give them a call on Monday.
Thank you so much.
In fact, I called them to know the answer on Monday.
Since then, I could be patience until I received the letter

On 12/17 did your portal status change to "Application is complete and currently being reviewed by the admissions committee..." Mine also changed on 12/17 to the aforementioned status.... Did you interview for Campus or Distance?

On 12/17 did your portal status change to "Application is complete and currently being reviewed by the admissions committee..." Mine also changed on 12/17 to the aforementioned status.... Did you interview for Campus or Distance?
It just says something like Your application is complete. You will be notified if we need anything. I applied campus. It does not say it's under review.

Once my application status turned to complete (not under review by the admissions committee) it took another week before I got an admission letter! From interview to letter in hand, it took over 4 weeks.

Ok. Then I should be anticipating a response fairly soon then. Thanks for the info!

I just called! :) I'm happy to say Omaha will be my new home next year. They said they will be calling people up today to give them the news regarding if they were accepted so they will know before Christmas. Additionally, they said they sent letters out last week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called! :) I'm happy to say Omaha will be my new home next year. They said they will be calling people up today to give them the news regarding if they were accepted so they will know before Christmas. Additionally, they said they sent letters out last week.
Congratulations!

Last edited:
I called the office today and I am happy to say that I am also accepted to the Distance Pathway Class of 2019!!

So happy for us all! Look forward to working with you all

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I was interviewed on Dec 12th also. And this morning, I got a call from Brittany Alkridge saying that I am admitted into the distance pathway of Creighton. Hope that helps. I'm very happy! Congratulation to all of you guys.

Reactions: 1 users
I received a call from creighton on 12/22. Called them back on 12/23. Accepted to campus pathway!
Interviewed on 12/5.

Yay!

Does anyone here know if scholarship is awarded on our admission offer letter or on a separate letter?

Thanks

Does anyone here know if scholarship is awarded on our admission offer letter or on a separate letter?

Thanks

Pinterest279, the scholarship awards were sent out with the acceptance letters. I know on 12/12 Ms. Stick mentioned that if they were offering a scholarship there would be a letter directly behind your letter of acceptance. I hope this helps answer your question!

Last edited:
I imagine everyone applied to multiple places. I'm curious, has anyone decided to commit to Creighton?

I imagine everyone applied to multiple places. I'm curious, has anyone decided to commit to Creighton?

I've committed! My husband is in the Air Force so I only applied to Creighton =)

Anyone know the policy on rejection? Do they send letters? I'm trying to decide if all hope is lost...*sigh*

I think they send letters for both acceptance and rejection

There wasn't an official thread for Creighton yet so I created one.
Their preferred deadline isn't until Nov 1st but I'm too excited!!
Is there a forum for the campus pathway by chance?

My understanding is that this was the campus thread.
Oh, awesome! I always thought this was the distance thread, my mistake! My interview was the 20th of Feb. what about everyone else?

Has anyone that attended the Feb. 20th interview for campus pathway heard anything yet?

or does anyone know about how many students have already been accepted to the campus program yet? Sorry, I'm just really anxious because
Creighton is hands down my #1 school. My app status was under review for about a week after interview and then just changed to complete about a day or two ago! Freaking out...

I would just give them a call. Sounds like they already made a decision

Yeah, I called the office of admission and the lady working just told me that a letter had been sent out to my address and I should receive it by Monday but she never told me what the decision was, unless she doesnt know that info. It was just Wanda in the office, should I call Brittany or someone to find that out?

I spoke with Brittany when I found out. They may already be closed by now. You might have to wait until Monday. Best of luck!

Got alternate listed, which is better than deny but still pretty upset about that
I spoke with Brittany when I found out. They may already be closed by now. You might have to wait until Monday. Best of luck!

Got alternate listed, which is better than deny but still pretty upset about that

I will be giving up my spot, so you may still have a chance. Good luck. =)

Ah, haha thank you for the words of wisdom!! Means a lot, I can't be too disappointed because that was the first interview I ever attended so for my first time I am very proud of myself and very thankful to have even had the opportunity to interview with such a great school! Where have you decided to commit to?!

and if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? I'm just trying to get a good idea of maybe areas I could have been lacking in and such, because honestly I really thought I did very well in my interview.

and if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? I'm just trying to get a good idea of maybe areas I could have been lacking in and such, because honestly I really thought I did very well in my interview.

Bachelor's of Music in Music Education. GPA: 3.87 Science, 3.52 Overall. PCAT: 99 composite. 4 years experience as a pharmacy technician. I'm currently planning on attending UT Austin this fall, unless I get an offer from UCSF.

Bachelor's of Music in Music Education. GPA: 3.87 Science, 3.52 Overall. PCAT: 99 composite. 4 years experience as a pharmacy technician. I'm currently planning on attending UT Austin this fall, unless I get an offer from UCSF.
WOW...phenomenal stats and also a fantastic school! Congrats!

I got an acceptance letter today with small amount of scholarship offer ($2000/semester). So excited! :D

I got an acceptance letter today with small amount of scholarship offer ($2000/semester). So excited! :D
that is so awesome!!! Congrats!!! I'm pretty sure it is hard to get scholarships from CU from what I hear so that is awesome!!!

What are your stats? and when did you interview?!
I interviewed on Feb 20th. I feel totally blessed that I got an acceptance and with scholarship. I would say my PCAT score is just above the average CU accepted students' and GPA calculated on PharmCAS is 3.52. I had many extracurricular hours and some pharmacy experiences. So, good luck with you and have faith!

Hey everyone!! I have my interview March 31!! I hope there are still plenty of spots left in the distance program!! Any advice?
I have a 3.9 GPA and got a 71 on the PCAT

I got an interview invite for here but my stats are nowhere near some of yours so I'm a little scared :cyclops:

Just accepted to campus pathway!!! SOOOO excited!!