Creighton University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scooter00707

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone on this forum is heading out to Omaha? Im curious as to what your thoughts on the program are and if you are going why. I got accepted but still deciding.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering if anyone on this forum is heading out to Omaha? Im curious as to what your thoughts on the program are and if you are going why. I got accepted but still deciding.
my buddy goes to med school there. honestly, if you can into creighton, you're competitive at many other programs. thus i have no idea why you would choose to live in omaha unless youve lived there your whole life/or currently live there. i know its a great program but i would probably rather be in a cooler city like nyc, philly, miami, boston, la, etc.

I have had students from there and am always impressed. Great program. One of the if not THE first DPT program. Omaha is cool too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand that it is a great program especially with the number of clinicals. I went to the interview in january and was impressed with everything, from the faculty to the facilities and the city. I know that it has been brought up in other threads but CUs tuitions is around 45k a year and as much as I want to go there I realize the financial burden once I graduate. Is paying the difference to a good school like CU worth the cost in the long run? Is there really a 35k difference in the quality of education between top tier schools and those ranked lower? If it is I'm more than willing to eat the cost if that is what it takes to come out better educated and prepared. Thanks for the input

I didn't realize that it was that expensive. No program is worth that. If you can get grants or waivers go for it but otherwise, I would take a spot in another program.

The worst thing is these students won't know what hit them until they reach the real world and are faced with paying these loans back. It's very sad students are getting taken advantage of. This is how we value higher education in our society. This is the next financial bubble that bursts when all of these loans start going into default. The 22 year old has no idea what they are committing themselves to when they sign on that dotted line. A 150k loan on a 30 year plan will cost an additional 200k in interest which makes the total cost of this education at ~ 350k.

Lee9786, I am one of the 22 year olds...scares me big time.

APTA website says Creightons tuition is 12K a semester. Unless they have 4 semesters a year...I don't think it's 45K a year. I was accepted there, but I finally decided to decline because I was accepted to other schools that I liked more.

Last edited:
On Creightons website its 14k per semester 3 semesters per year. So 8 (only 2 semesters in yr3) x 14 comes out to about 112 in tuition alone. Also one of the things that CU prides itself on and what interested me was the clinical time. While it is good for the students, the extra clinicals also increase total cost for airfare rent etc at the site. I reecently went to a financial aid seminar at my university and they basically said in the long run as long as you get the degree save yourself the grief later and find the cheaper program. I didn't want to put a price on my education but as I dig deeper I'm starting to understand the point they are trying to drive home.