Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@otbyrd, When I talked to Mackenzie, she said right now there are less than 10 alternates. She said that alternates that have already interviewed like us will get priority over an alternate that hasn't interviewed. & I think they are good about keeping you in the loop about your status. Hope that helps a bit. I'm hoping a people will accept elsewhere or be turned off by the cost! Then we can both get in. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I still have hope. My only backup plan is to re-take classes , and do more in the community if I don't get accepted. I also applied to Cox's OT program in Springfield MO because it's only an hour from me so there is a chance they'll take me too, BUT Creighton is my #1 choice. Fingers crossed. :) I had a feeling I was going to be an alternate because my GPA is not a 3.7 or above. I need to call them because if we're picked I want to know how we're notified, and when the deadline is for people to commit to Creighton. My lease will be up on my house I'm renting in May, and I don't want to commit anywhere If I one day get a call and have to pick up and move to NE. Here comes the stress.
The deadline for accepted students is 30 days from the date of their acceptance letter, hope that helps :).

The deadline for accepted students is 30 days from the date of their acceptance letter, hope that helps :).

YES it does! HA! Thank you. I feel a little bit better about that.

Members don't see this ad :)
@otbyrd, When I talked to Mackenzie, she said right now there are less than 10 alternates. She said that alternates that have already interviewed like us will get priority over an alternate that hasn't interviewed. & I think they are good about keeping you in the loop about your status. Hope that helps a bit. I'm hoping a people will accept elsewhere or be turned off by the cost! Then we can both get in. :)

You are awesome! Thank you. I agree. I'm totally happy for the accepted people, but if it's not their first choice I hope they'll go elsewhere because I fell in love with Creighton. :love:

OTbyrd: I think you sound very qualified and should be confident in yourself but it's easier said than done, obviously. I'm impressed with your control over yourself not calling and asking about your application. I would have called by now, myself! I will have another 16 days to hear back if I hear back in 4 weeks, and it will be another 9 days if I hear back in 3 weeks. Not that I'm counting.... lol. Good Lord, I'm not sure I have been this anxious before in my life. I've been trying to focus on my work, working out, praying, etc, but boy, is it hard not to wonder what's going to happen.

I'm all done with my coursework (when it comes to Creighton's requirements)- I had to take some of the prerequisite courses after earning my undergraduate degree because I didn't know what I wanted to do post-grad while I was in school (I was thinking more along the lines of being a counselor or nursing home administrator), but those classes are all done and I'm just working now in good ole Carroll, IA, and taking Abnormal Psych and the local DMACC "for fun"/because St. Kate's required it. I think if I totaled up my work experiences related to OT and my observation hours, I would be somewhere in the ballpark of 8,000 hours work/observation experience.

Where in Iowa are you from?

I just got my rejection letter from St. Catherine's last night... :/ Other than applying at St. Kate's and Creighton, I applied at St. Ambrose and interviewed there. I should hearing back from them sometime in March. St. Kate's didn't hold interviews, so I would like to think that part of the reason I was not accepted is that they based everything on your application and essays and not interviews (which would make for a better, holistic decision in my opinion), but I can't know that for sure.

I thought my interview at Creighton went really well (and their program seems like such a good fit for me/it just felt so right), but when I look at some people's stats on here, I get really intimidated. Some people have 4.0's, loads of volunteer hours and shadowing hours. Oh well, we just have to know we tried our best, and it's not in our hands anymore.

And, Missouri (Miss-ur-uhh) is definitely more hillbilly than Iowa, but I don't know how much better things are up here in that respect... lol :)

Know that I'm praying for you, hope we both get in!

I also got a rejection letter from St. Catherine the same day as you! I'm not too upset about that. I'm from a little town called Britt. It's close to Mason City.

I also got a rejection letter from St. Catherine the same day as you! I'm not too upset about that. I'm from a little town called Britt. It's close to Mason City.

I was upset about my rejection to St. Kate's because it was my backup plan and for some reason, I thought I stood a decent chance of getting in. Upon figuring out my odds after the fact, I really didn't. They took in over 400 applications, have 64 spots, 1/3 of which are saved for their undergrad students... 15% acceptance rate. I just don't want it to foreshadow what I find out from Creighton!

Congratulations on getting wait-listed, otbyrd- it's not the best thing to hear, BUT it's much better than a rejection. And I totally know where Mason City and Britt are. I actually spent last summer working/interning at the Kossuth Regional Health Center in Algona and lived in Emmetsburg with my grandparents--it was a good time!

Also, where is it that you guys look for your updated status on Creighton's portal? Is it just on the main page where it says I have scheduled an interview? Thanks!

Guess what time it is...GRE time.....lol......I haven't heard anything from Creighton.......So I'm going to prepare to take the GRE to apply to other schools in JULY

Has anyone who interviewed on January 24th heard back? They said we should expect to hear back 3-4 weeks after the interview. Four weeks would have been last Friday, but I still have not heard anything and I am starting to worry.

Has anyone who interviewed on January 24th heard back? They said we should expect to hear back 3-4 weeks after the interview. Four weeks would have been last Friday, but I still have not heard anything and I am starting to worry.

I interviewed on Jan 24th too. I got my letter last Thursday and I'm wait-listed. Have you called them?

@ MaverickMikeOT
Were you given the option of an interview date in March? I'm just wondering if they are down to the last interview session already?

Anyone else interviewing next month?
No I just had the option of one date in April. Otherwise, I would've gone ASAP

Last edited:
I got good news a couple of days ago- I was accepted into Creighton's fall class!!

Sometimes, dreams do come true and prayers are answered :)

Best of luck to everyone applying to school!

Reactions: 3 users
I got good news a couple of days ago- I was accepted into Creighton's fall class!!

Congrats!!!!!!:soexcited::claps:

Members don't see this ad :)
@ MaverickMikeOT
Were you given the option of an interview date in March? I'm just wondering if they are down to the last interview session already?

Anyone else interviewing next month?

Does anyone know if they are down to the last interview session already? Are they finished giving interviews? I have yet to hear anything from them.

So happy for you! At least you know where you're going next fall. YAY! :D:D:D:D:D

I finally heard last Saturday and I was accepted! I really loved Creighton's program, but the high cost is holding me back right now. I guess it is time to start making pro and con lists to decide which school is best for me. Good luck to those still waiting, I know the process is stressful.

Does anyone know if they are down to the last interview session already? Are they finished giving interviews? I have yet to hear anything from them.
I haven't heard of anything!!! I applied around December......

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I finally heard last Saturday and I was accepted! I really loved Creighton's program, but the high cost is holding me back right now. I guess it is time to start making pro and con lists to decide which school is best for me. Good luck to those still waiting, I know the process is stressful.
Congrats!!!! I hope you decide to attend!!! :)

Hi!! Everyone!!! My application was updated on Monday!! I haven't heard anything. I wasn't even offered to come to an interview............No one is saying something. Does anyone think that I was rejected??? I received an "A" in Anatomy and Physiology 1 so I'm taking Anatomy and Physiology 2 this 9 weeks. I believe I can get an A. I'm just wondering if I was rejected..........They haven't told me anything. Does anyone know how long does it take to receive an rejection letter?

Hi!! Everyone!!! My application was updated on Monday!! I haven't heard anything. I wasn't even offered to come to an interview............No one is saying something. Does anyone think that I was rejected??? I received an "A" in Anatomy and Physiology 1 so I'm taking Anatomy and Physiology 2 this 9 weeks. I believe I can get an A. I'm just wondering if I was rejected..........They haven't told me anything. Does anyone know how long does it take to receive an rejection letter?
Just continue to wait patiently. They are always updating the status even after someone has been offered an interview or accepted. Have you called them to see if more if interview invitations have been sent out? You could also ask them about your current status. I am not sure how long it takes for a rejection letter to come out. How long ago did you submit your application?

Just continue to wait patiently. They are always updating the status even after someone has been offered an interview or accepted. Have you called them to see if more if interview invitations have been sent out? You could also ask them about your current status. I am not sure how long it takes for a rejection letter to come out. How long ago did you submit your application?
Well my application was completed today!!! I applied in December. I will applied in the first week in July!!! I want to be an OT!!! My admission counselor emailed me the other day. He basically said "due to the fact of the competitive nature of the program I wasn't granted an interview. I bet I was rejected..

I finally tried to contact them because I haven't heard anything from them. I ask if they had filled their vacant seats or if they were continuing the interview process. I got a reply that said it was being reviewed and I would receive a letter when a decision was made. Has anyone heard anything different?

I talked to Mac. They still have one interview process to go. After that they will be ranking the alternates and sending out acceptances to those who make the second cut. She said that not all alternates were asked to interview, but those who did get an interview would have higher priority over those who didn't come to campus. Think positive. She said we could be accepted anywhere from tomorrow til the first week of school.

No I just had the option of one date in April. Otherwise, I would've gone ASAP

I am interviewing April 25th as well :) I applied around the beginning of December, and was offered an interview on 1/31. That was the only date available. High hopes for this one! This is my only interview at this point and I love everything I have heard about Creighton so far. I had no idea this process was so stressful, I am so relieved to find this forum and see that I am not alone in this! Good luck everyone, you're all awesome :happy:

I finally have news!!!!!!!!! I wasn't rejected!! I'm an alternate. I spoke to Mackenzie yesterday and she said they really liked my application and I have some great qualities. I'm going to apply the first week in July!!! I received an A and Anatomy and Physiology 1 and I'm taking Anatomy and Physiology 2 which its going great. Has anyone taken Gross Anatomy? I'm going to get another 40 hours in which I've already have 63. The schools I'm applying to this year:
Alabama State University
Tennessee State University
University of Alabama
Kettering College
Cox College
Creighton University
Abilene Christian University
Florida A and M
Some schools in Oklahoma
I'm taking College Algebra and General psychology, Abnormal psychology, old testament, and basic physics…..I'm going to be busy this summer….
I'm taking some more in the fall
Biology
Chemistry
interpersonal communications

I finally have news!!!!!!!!! I wasn't rejected!! I'm an alternate. I spoke to Mackenzie yesterday and she said they really liked my application and I have some great qualities. I'm going to apply the first week in July!!! I received an A and Anatomy and Physiology 1 and I'm taking Anatomy and Physiology 2 which its going great. Has anyone taken Gross Anatomy? I'm going to get another 40 hours in which I've already have 63. The schools I'm applying to this year:
Alabama State University
Tennessee State University
University of Alabama
Kettering College
Cox College
Creighton University
Abilene Christian University
Florida A and M
Some schools in Oklahoma
I'm taking College Algebra and General psychology, Abnormal psychology, old testament, and basic physics…..I'm going to be busy this summer….
I'm taking some more in the fall
Biology
Chemistry
interpersonal communications

You can be an alternate without having an interview? Did you find out you were an alternate via email or your school account?

You can be an alternate without having an interview? Did you find out you were an alternate via email or your school account?
I called yesterday……I was tired of waiting. The director of admission happen to be walking by in the phone rang so she answered it…..

Hey I'm not sure if anyone is still following this, but I went to the April 25th interview and just received a call letting me know I have been accepted into the GO Pathway program! Whoot! Has anyone else who went to the April 25th interview hear from Creighton yet?

Have you heard anything form Cox College. Cox College has move their deadline

Have you heard anything form Cox College. Cox College has move their deadline[/QUOTE

Yeah I called them. They're having trouble finding full time teachers. I'm staying on the list. Most people dropped off.

Ok so did you get in or what??? Do you have a Facebook page?? I'm going to apply to cox college. . My grade point average is a 2.88 right now. My grade point average should be right at a 3.02....I'm looking to apply around August or September! You stated that most of the people dropped off the list

Ok so did you get in or what??? Do you have a Facebook page?? I'm going to apply to cox college. . My grade point average is a 2.88 right now. My grade point average should be right at a 3.02....I'm looking to apply around August or September! You stated that most of the people dropped off the list

I don't know if I'm in or not. He told me that until they had full-time staffing that there wouldn't be any interviews. Apply asap. Is the 2.88 GPA accroding to the OTCAS gpa or your school's gpa? Yes, I have Fb. I'm Ronelle Hoff Byrd. My photo is of me holding up an Arkansas razorback gumball... haha.

Ok thanks! Well My otcas gpa is 2.77 however I've taken 17 credit hours since then. I came to conclusion that getting a second bachelors degree will benefit me. Taking 24 credits this summer and working full time. I know crazy right. I'm taking 18 credit hours this fall too. I live in Kansas. I would love to get accepted into Cox College since their tuition is reasonable. My name is Thenetia Wallace by the way. Are you going to apply to Creighton University again?

So has anyone on the waitlist heard anything? I'm just going to go ahead and reapply next week. I sent an email asking about the waitlist at the beginning of summer and got kind of a snappy response. Just curious.

For fall 2015 admission:

Did anyone else apply before the priority deadline and get an interview invitation?