Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sprinkles

Want to be a Pharmacist!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone is attending Creighton pharmacy school in Omaha. Can you offer any feedback on how your schedule is? Is the curriculum more focused on retail or clinical? I really enjoy the time I have spent in Omaha and like the thought of going to a larger city perhaps for the experience for schooling. I would just love to hear some honest feedback on the school and program itself. Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there! I have a good friend of mine in her PD3 year at Creighton. From what I've heard from her, it is extremely clinical based. A lot of emphasis on parenterals and clinical work at local medical centers (UNMC, etc.).

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone is attending Creighton pharmacy school in Omaha. Can you offer any feedback on how your schedule is? Is the curriculum more focused on retail or clinical? I really enjoy the time I have spent in Omaha and like the thought of going to a larger city perhaps for the experience for schooling. I would just love to hear some honest feedback on the school and program itself. Thank you! :)

I am a P3 about 2 months from rotations.

The schedule is not bad from my perspective. It is not 8-5 5x/week. They are actually posted on the website, BTW.

I think the question "is it more clinical or retail" may not be the right question to ask... what do you mean by that? Are you asking if it is easy???

I don't think the practice setting has anything to do with what we learn here. For the record, most of the professors that teach therapeutics work in the hospital or a clinic, but I think you'd see that at any established school.

In my opinion, Creighton is an expensive school, but I am sure I am getting a quality education. We do well on the NAPLEX and preceptors like our students.

Let me know if there are other questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the info. I am not asking if it is easy. I just really want to apply to more of a clinical focused pharmacy school. I work at Mayo. I really am inspired by clinical pharmacy because of my work experience and work with some great pharmacist who have graduated from Creighton.

I have seem some curriculum from schools that are more biased and geared towards retail versus clinical. I want a good balance at the end of the day, but also want a strong clinical school. Hopefully, that makes sense. :oops:

You will actually be entering the new curriculum which has a bigger skew toward more clinical knowledge earlier (extra semester of therapeutics). So I think you should be well prepared on that front.