Creigton Class Waiver Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxMom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any Creighton students taken the challenge exams for BioChem, Physiology or Micro? I was just wondering how these tests are set up, as I'll probably be taking them soon. Are the tests reasonable for someone who may have taken these classes a few years ago?

Members don't see this ad.

RxMom said:
Have any Creighton students taken the challenge exams for BioChem, Physiology or Micro? I was just wondering how these tests are set up, as I'll probably be taking them soon. Are the tests reasonable for someone who may have taken these classes a few years ago?

I have not taken them, but am planning on taking one for Anatomy. I hear they are tough though. We'll see!

cytogal said:
I have not taken them, but am planning on taking one for Anatomy. I hear they are tough though. We'll see!

After submitting my waiver request for biochem, the IOR approved my request and I did not have to take the exam. I am not sure if the policy has changed in the last two years regarding exams but I believe it is up to the IOR to determine if you need to take the exam. If I remember correctly there might be a different requirement for pharmacy and non-pharmacy courses. I would inquire someone from SPAHP office to be sure as I wouldn't want to give out incorrect information especailly since policies may have changed in the past 2 years. You may be able to search SPAHP website for additional info as well.

My biochem from undergrad school transfered so I didn't have to take the challenge exam. However my microbiology didn't transfer so I took that exam. The test was pretty hard because it focused a lot on drugs that I didn't learn as an undergrad.