CREOGs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anonperson

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How was the test for everyone this year? I thought there were some challenging questions this year and felt it was tougher than last years test. Not sure if others had the same perception. Fair amount of primary care. I felt the OB, GYN, and ONC were as a whole straightforward. The REI threw me off, especially the infertility management.

Whats the turnaround time for scores?

Also, no discussion of specific questions etc.

Members don't see this ad.

How was the test for everyone this year? I thought there were some challenging questions this year and felt it was tougher than last years test. Not sure if others had the same perception. Fair amount of primary care. I felt the OB, GYN, and ONC were as a whole straightforward. The REI threw me off, especially the infertility management.

Whats the turnaround time for scores?

Also, no discussion of specific questions etc.

Got an email from my PD concerning the test. I'm guessing many of you guys experienced the various test errors/irregularities that were seen. Looks like various other PDs have commented on it as well.

is the creog as important to get into fellowship as step 1 is to residency?

Members don't see this ad :)
is the creog as important to get into fellowship as step 1 is to residency?

Depends on the type of fellowship, generally Onc and REI will care more than MFM (although this isn't a hard and fast rule). Talking with friends who are now in fellowship for various specialities, (Onc and MFM) they were asked about CREOG scores. Some programs care more than others.

Main thing is, scoring low on any test that compares you to residents across the country isn't a feather in ones cap.

The overall consensus in my program is that this year's CREOG was not as difficult as 2011. However, the final score is scaled comparing each resident in two ways -- to all OB/GYN residents and to OB/GYN residents of the same PGY level.

The turnover time is approx 5-6 weeks. I believe scores were available last year near the beginning of March.

Scores are back. We got ours yesterday.