CRNA's getting a lot more bold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute. What about Mayim Bialik from the Big Bang Theory. Initially, she was mostly known for her role as Blossom, and the kid’s role of Bette Midler’s character in Beaches. She’s actually been in a quite a number of roles. After Blossom, she attended UCLA, even though she received acceptances from Harvard and Yale. Her undergrad was a BS degree in Neuroscience and Hebrew as well as Jewish studies in 2000. She got her Ph.D in neuroscience in 2007. Of interest, at least to me, was that she did her dissertation of inquiry into the hypothalamic activity in patients with Prader-Willi: "Hypothalamic regulation in relation to maladaptive, obsessive-compulsive, affiliative, and satiety behaviors in Prader-Willi syndrome.”
So, there you go, yet another actor with an earned Ph.D. She’s into being a mom and vegan now. And personally, I get quite a kick out of her on the Big Bang Theory. She was a very good addition to the show.

LOL. I thought the pic of Cosby was funny; b/c regardless of an earned doctorate vs. honorary, it kind of makes the point--that is, not just anyone with a doctorate is able to provide you with full-service anesthesia-medicine. I think Bill Cosby should play this role in a public service commercial. Patient is laying there waiting to be spoken to by anesthesiologist. . .in pops Bill Cosby. “Hi. I’m Dr. Cosby, and I will be providing your anesthesia today.” What’s he going to do, laugh you into unconsciousness? Point well made by the poster! So, a doctor by any other name is not necessarily a Dr. of Anesthesiology.

Members don't see this ad.

Dude, that's twice now.

Huh? What?

Oh... wait... you're still stuck on the "consumption" thing. Despite that I was thinking the right thing in my mind, the wrong antiquated medical term came out on the forum, and then I openly corrected my error after you pointed it out. Get over it. What more do you want? Or are you just like a goddamn elephant?

William H. Cosby, Jr, earned a substantive doctorate in education in 1976 from the University of Massachusetts - Amherst.

Yeah... right... "substantive"...

According to Damerell, Cosby did not take semester-length courses. Instead he attended "at least one" weekend-long seminar and received credits for appearances on TV shows like Sesame Street and The Electric Company. Cosby's 242-page doctoral dissertation discussed ways that teachers could use his Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids animated TV shows as educational tools. "Cosby could have given up show business and spent six years at the school and not know any more than he did anyhow," Damerell says. "Unlike chemistry, education has no body of knowledge, so it doesn't matter how long you spend on it."

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20092196,00.html

Hmmm... Sounds a lot like a DNAP degree.

And, humor. Learn it. :)

In the meantime...

Cosby has received honorary degrees from more than a dozen colleges and universities:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cosby

Clearly he's far more edumucated and qualified than I am. So I say we put him in the OR right away.

Members don't see this ad :)
Huh? What?

Oh... wait... you're still stuck on the "consumption" thing. Despite that I was thinking the right thing in my mind, the wrong antiquated medical term came out on the forum, and then I openly corrected my error after you pointed it out. Get over it. What more do you want? Or are you just like a goddamn elephant?

Yeah... right... "substantive"...

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20092196,00.html

Hmmm... Sounds a lot like a DNAP degree.

And, humor. Learn it. :)

In the meantime...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cosby

Clearly he's far more edumucated and qualified than I am. So I say we put him in the OR right away.

Dude...whatever. Sorry man. I was just ribbing you. I didn't think you would hold such a grudge. As a wise person said...Humor. Learn it. :)

Dude...whatever. Sorry man. I was just ribbing you. I didn't think you would hold such a grudge. As a wise person said...Humor. Learn it. :)

Oh good lord... you ARE my wife. ;)

Wait a minute. What about Mayim Bialik from the Big Bang Theory. Initially, she was mostly known for her role as Blossom, and the kid’s role of Bette Midler’s character in Beaches. She’s actually been in a quite a number of roles. After Blossom, she attended UCLA, even though she received acceptances from Harvard and Yale. Her undergrad was a BS degree in Neuroscience and Hebrew as well as Jewish studies in 2000. She got her Ph.D in neuroscience in 2007. Of interest, at least to me, was that she did her dissertation of inquiry into the hypothalamic activity in patients with Prader-Willi: "Hypothalamic regulation in relation to maladaptive, obsessive-compulsive, affiliative, and satiety behaviors in Prader-Willi syndrome.”
So, there you go, yet another actor with an earned Ph.D. She’s into being a mom and vegan now. And personally, I get quite a kick out of her on the Big Bang Theory. She was a very good addition to the show.

LOL. I thought the pic of Cosby was funny; b/c regardless of an earned doctorate vs. honorary, it kind of makes the point--that is, not just anyone with a doctorate is able to provide you with full-service anesthesia-medicine. I think Bill Cosby should play this role in a public service commercial. Patient is laying there waiting to be spoken to by anesthesiologist. . .in pops Bill Cosby. “Hi. I’m Dr. Cosby, and I will be providing your anesthesia today.” What’s he going to do, laugh you into unconsciousness? Point well made by the poster! So, a doctor by any other name is not necessarily a Dr. of Anesthesiology.

Yeah, I thought about her too. We all have seen the hangover - ken Jeong went to Duke for med school.

For those that like classic rock - Brian May has a PhD in astrophysics

At the peds anesthesia conference today and a CRNA, MS, MBA, DNP introduced themselves as Dr. To me after I told them my first name
Wow. Including one's title in an intoduction is what you consider bold? I agree with others here who rightly explain that all providers are different. I've worked with awesome CRNA's and awesome MDA's as well. Once in a while I'll come acrsoss a not so great provider including MDA's who should not be practicing. It is the arrogant provider that is the one to watch out for that's the disaster waiting to happen. When that disaster shows up I hope there's a solid CRNA to come save your bacon.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.