About the ads

1. Free Financial Webinar with White Coat Investor! Monday evening at 7:00 PM EDT, hear about the Top 5 Financial Considerations for Starting Residents from White Coat Investor's Dr. James Dahle. Register here. Hope to see you there!

CS during third year?

Discussion in 'Step II' started by surprisedgirl, Nov 11, 2007.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. surprisedgirl

surprisedgirl

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    do you think it would be ok to take cs during third year after i've had medicine and peds but i wont have had neuro and surgery.....i just kinda want to get it overwith right after i've had my two main rotations....anyone think it's a dumb idea?
  2. Pinner Doc

Pinner Doc drop knees, not bombs

Attending Physician
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    I took CS during my last rotation of third year (Neurology). There was definitely some Neuro on my CS, but I still passed. I would strongly advise against doing CS before you do your surgical rotation... unless you feel very strong in the differential diagnosis of the acute abdomen.

It's such an expensive exam that I wouldn't gamble on it by taking it too early your third year! There's a lot of big personal, professional changes that take place your third year that really make a difference whether you pass or fail. My advice would be to wait until at least second semester.
  3. lord_jeebus

lord_jeebus 和魂洋才 Moderator

Attending Physician
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    It takes so long to schedule that if you signed up now you'd be near the end of 3rd year anyway
  4. DebDynamite

DebDynamite Attending

SDN 7+ Year Member
    I wish I had taken it during the last month of my 3rd year. You will be glad you did. Get online now and as you will see, the earliest you can take it is probably March at this point anyway.
  5. surprisedgirl

surprisedgirl

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    thanks for the responses!