CS during third year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surprisedgirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you think it would be ok to take cs during third year after i've had medicine and peds but i wont have had neuro and surgery.....i just kinda want to get it overwith right after i've had my two main rotations....anyone think it's a dumb idea?

Members don't see this ad.

I took CS during my last rotation of third year (Neurology). There was definitely some Neuro on my CS, but I still passed. I would strongly advise against doing CS before you do your surgical rotation... unless you feel very strong in the differential diagnosis of the acute abdomen.

It's such an expensive exam that I wouldn't gamble on it by taking it too early your third year! There's a lot of big personal, professional changes that take place your third year that really make a difference whether you pass or fail. My advice would be to wait until at least second semester.

I wish I had taken it during the last month of my 3rd year. You will be glad you did. Get online now and as you will see, the earliest you can take it is probably March at this point anyway.