C's on my transcript in science classes...help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gigimartini84

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, so I would love some awesome advice as to what I should do being that I have 4 lovely C's in science classes. The director of premed advising here said take other science classes and land A's. I always hear people retaking their classes though. What's better? Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

What classes do you have C's in? Pre-req's or other science classes?

What classes do you have C's in? Pre-req's or other science classes?
Of course pre-reqs. I could care less if it was a nonsense class. Gen chem 1 and 2 C+ in bio 2 and orgo 1. I see a lot of people retake them. Two premed advisors from 2 different universities never suggested it. They said take more sciences to boost your sgpa.

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally I would retake pre req's, as med schools pay particular attention to those. What is your overall/science gpa's?

Personally I would retake pre req's, as med schools pay particular attention to those. What is your overall/science gpa's?
Cgpa 3.4 sgpa gag me 2.3. Those Cs royally butchered the sgpa. It's so frustrating not knowing what to do. And since I'm in orgo 2 I'm locked in at this school. Can't repeat those. I'd have to take them else where. I calculated what I need to hit a 3.0 sgpa. 6 As.