CSPM Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dadpod

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Figured I would get this thread started. Title says it all.

I'm so excited about my acceptance and look forward to receiving a great education from this university.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
When was your interview and how long before they told you you were accepted?

Congrats TNT!!
One step closer to being a doctor :D
It's a great school, hopefully I'll get in too.
Good luck in the fall!

Reactions: 1 user
-Is there really a shortage of study rooms?
-How many students per cadaver?
Study rooms: This will really be dependent on the day. When we and all the other programs are having a heavy test week there can be a shortage BUT there is an individual assigned to making reservations for the library and all the buildings and she can find you a place to study. If the library is full she usually gets my study group a classroom or a conference room. I have never not had a possible place to study.

Students per cadaver: There are 4 per cadaver and maybe one with 5 because of an odd number in the class. That means that you are not sharing any part of the cadaver with any other program. There are also opportunities to dissect during the summer for those that want some additional practice. I have dissected A LOT and love that I have the freedom to do so.

Interviewing there on Nov 12th, hoping to be accepted as well!

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewing there on Nov 12th, hoping to be accepted as well!
Good luck!! I hope you do too! You shouldn't have any problem and I think you'll enjoy the interview a lot. Andre and the entire faculty/student body were so welcoming and made the experience awesome!

@SLCpod Any advice on where to live/not to live? I'm from the North Bay and semi know the area but not very well. I was thinking of living somewhere like Walnut Creek but that's at least a 20min commute (which really isn't that bad). But if you know of anywhere in Oakland closer to SMU that is decent and safe please shed some light! Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
^I am interested in knowing this information as well. Thank you!

@SLCpod Any advice on where to live/not to live? I'm from the North Bay and semi know the area but not very well. I was thinking of living somewhere like Walnut Creek but that's at least a 20min commute (which really isn't that bad). But if you know of anywhere in Oakland closer to SMU that is decent and safe please shed some light! Thank you!!
^I am interested in knowing this information as well. Thank you!

There are a few options available close to school and others a little bit further away. As for living near school I do not know because I live in Pleasant Hill (next to Walnut Creek). If you want to know more about living closer to school Andre can get you in contact with students that are wiling to answer questions about it.

As far as living in the Walnut Creek area it is great. The commute really depends on traffic and can range from 20 min to and hour. We have figured out the best times to leave and average 30 min. I carpool with 3 others that go to CSPM so we split the cost of gas which makes it less expensive than BART. The area is really nice and family friendly. There are apartments that range in price and the best deals are usually on craigslist.

If you have other specific questions PM me and I will get you as much information as I can.

Reactions: 1 users
1st year student here! Feel free to ask me questions or PM me as well. Congrats on your acceptances!

Reactions: 2 users
Second year student here. I can recommended a couple of

I commute from Alameda island which is 3.5 miles away from campus; it's a 12-15 minute drive on average. It's definitely safer than Oakland, and it's much easier to find street parking. One apartment community to stay away from in Alameda is Summer House. It's a pretty large complex, but 5/5 students who lived there were pretty happy to get out of the place after their leases were up.

If you want to stay in Oakland, my classmates who live around Lake Merritt find it pretty safe and the proximity to campus convenient, but street parking can be a pain, so make sure you would get a designated parking spot.

Places to stay away from: definitely East Oakland. Even though the rent might be half the cost, it really is an unsafe area and not worth the risk.

Pulled the trigger :soexcited:
I'm in! See you all next year!!!

Reactions: 4 users
officially accepted as of yesterday!!! :)

Second year student here. I can recommended a couple of

I commute from Alameda island which is 3.5 miles away from campus; it's a 12-15 minute drive on average. It's definitely safer than Oakland, and it's much easier to find street parking. One apartment community to stay away from in Alameda is Summer House. It's a pretty large complex, but 5/5 students who lived there were pretty happy to get out of the place after their leases were up.

If you want to stay in Oakland, my classmates who live around Lake Merritt find it pretty safe and the proximity to campus convenient, but street parking can be a pain, so make sure you would get a designated parking spot.

Places to stay away from: definitely East Oakland. Even though the rent might be half the cost, it really is an unsafe area and not worth the risk.
Do you know of any good apartments in alameda that are pet friendly (small dog)?

Do you know of any good apartments in alameda that are pet friendly (small dog)?
I have a dog too, been looking on Craigslist and there's a decent amount of apts and houses that allow dogs in Alameda, Lake Merritt area, Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Concord, Moraga, Orinda, Lafayette etc. When you search just click the tab "dogs allowed" and it'll only show you places where they're allowed :D

South Shore Apartments is nice from what I experienced. It has a dog park across the street and its right on the bay, but it is a little pricey. Atlantic Apartments is also dog friendly from what I have heard; but I it can be sketchy at night in that area.

So just curious, who all has pulled the trigger, paid their seat deposit and will be attending CSPM next fall?

Submitted My deposit too! Is there a facebook group Also congrats to everyone who got in so far, big accomplishment.

Last year, Andre made the Facebook group once all the spots were filled. Last time I checked, that might be coming up soon!

sounds good! cant wait to meet you guys! Im going crazy waiting for school to start :yawn:

Hello all,

Just got accepted to CSPM and AZPOD and Scholl. Having a tough time deciding. Anyone mind sharing why they chose CSPM? Thanks!

Smaller class sizes, anatomy lab, classes are only with pod students, family oriented environment, awesome rotations at highland hospital and bay area hospitals, close to home, familiarity with some faculty and staff. CSPM was my only choice and i feel that it was the best for me. I hoped this helps.

Hello all,

Just got accepted to CSPM and AZPOD and Scholl. Having a tough time deciding. Anyone mind sharing why they chose CSPM? Thanks!
My top two choices were AZPOD and CSPM. Deciding between the two simply came down to the one that fit my learning style the best. You have to imagine yourself at the school and if you can succeed.

GOOD LUCK!!

Interviewing here in mid march. Looking forward to it!

Congratz on the interview guys! Currently have Scholl, CSPM, and Western on my list. I know CSPM has a small class size of 30, but would it be too late to apply here? Stats: 3.4cGPA MCAT 29. Thanks guys!

Congratz on the interview guys! Currently have Scholl, CSPM, and Western on my list. I know CSPM has a small class size of 30, but would it be too late to apply here? Stats: 3.4cGPA MCAT 29. Thanks guys!

I wouldn't say it's too late to apply, I know a few students who interviewed around April and were accepted for our year. The class size is actually bigger than you think--about 48 spots. Last time I checked, though, it's filling up fast. It'd be smart to get your application in as soon as you can!

Accepted! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

I wouldn't say it's too late to apply, I know a few students who interviewed around April and were accepted for our year. The class size is actually bigger than you think--about 48 spots. Last time I checked, though, it's filling up fast. It'd be smart to get your application in as soon as you can!

Ahh man. Hope I get an interview. :/ Wish me luck!

Hi has anyone Figured out or considering where to live next year?

I live about 45 minutes from the school. Im not a big fan of the city, plus the cost of living is significantly less where I live. I live in the Fairfield/Vacaville area. I have 3 dogs, so a yard was a must. We have a 5 bedroom home for under $2000 per month. I've found that unless you want to live in the city of Oakland, your commute will be anywhere from 25 minutes to an hour. Good luck on your house hunt. PM me if you have any questions about the area. I've been in the area since 2008. I was stationed at Travis AFB when I first got here.

There are some that have and are commuting from there. Long travel time but you can do some reading on the BART. I am in Pleasant Hill and commute time is average 30-35 when we leave at the best commute time for school.

facebook group for the class of 2019 is up. Just type in 2019 California school of Podiatric Medicine to find it!

Currently waitlisted at CSPM and granted deferred enrollment for next year. But crossing my fingers that I get in this year and join y'all!!!

Hi Class of 2019. I am planning on interviewing at the end of next month and was wondering about places to stay while I interview as I'm from the PNW. For my other interviews I was grateful enough to have current podiatry students offer to let me stay with them and was hoping that there might be some current CSPM students who wouldn't mind me crashing for 2 nights. PM me if you can. Thanks!

Hey all, I was wondering if you submitted a different personal statement to CSPM? I was told by a faculty that you do not need to submit a different PS than the one you already have. Happy new year and congrats to your acceptance! :)