CSU c/o 2018 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So glad that my finals are over so that I won't be distracted by this. lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Could someone possibly provide a link to the admissions portal? I'm having trouble finding it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
No problemo! At this point I should be able to remember it from memory >.<

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and i was hoping that others who applied to csu could share their stats? I'm curious about whether I actually stand a chance lol

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and i was hoping that others who applied to csu could share their stats? I'm curious about whether I actually stand a chance lol

If I post my statistics and CSU let's me in, it will only prove that the admission board has a sense of humor.

Reactions: 1 users

:) Haha. Didn't you ask this in the Davis thread too? I don't think you should compare yourself to others; you'll just make yourself more worried. Just wait and see when the schools get back to you (Colorado... hopefully Fri or Mon). At this point, there's nothing really more you can do for this cycle. If you want, you can look at previous years's (years'? year's?) acceptance stats.

I agree. Even looking at the acceptance stats from previous years makes me anxious :p Hopefully we find out Friday!

There's also a chance we could find out tomorrow! The past two years they have sent out notifications the last day of finals (this year it's the 19th).

So today I was in the car and saw that the car in front of me had the license plate #CSU### (CA license plate). I was like ERMAHGERD THIS IS A SIGN!! My mom just rolled her eyes. I was just like, *twitchy eye* o_O

Reactions: 3 users
:) Haha. Didn't you ask this in the Davis thread too? I don't think you should compare yourself to others; you'll just make yourself more worried. Just wait and see when the schools get back to you (Colorado... hopefully Fri or Mon). At this point, there's nothing really more you can do for this cycle. If you want, you can look at previous years's (years'? year's?) acceptance stats.

* years's's

Reactions: 1 user
what do you mean by the last day of finals? the last day of CSU's finals for the vet school/undergrad?

Members don't see this ad :)
There's also a chance we could find out tomorrow! The past two years they have sent out notifications the last day of finals (this year it's the 19th).

So today I was in the car and saw that the car in front of me had the license plate #CSU### (CA license plate). I was like ERMAHGERD THIS IS A SIGN!! My mom just rolled her eyes. I was just like, *twitchy eye* o_O

Relevant and hopefully providing comedic relief:
ermahgerd.jpg

It's true, CSU has a page with admissions statistics. It's terrifying. But the average isn't really indicative of who will ultimately be a stellar applicant overall individually. Also if you're IS or WICHE your chances are quite good percentage wise, (less so if OOS.)
I wouldn't look. Just wait out the next 4-5 days!!!

It's true, CSU has a page with admissions statistics. It's terrifying. But the average isn't really indicative of who will ultimately be a stellar applicant overall individually. Also if you're IS or WICHE your chances are quite good percentage wise, (less so if OOS.)
I wouldn't look. Just wait out the next 4-5 days!!!

I am OOS (with not so good chances) but every time someone posts on this board, I can't help but immediately check my status page. :bored:

evilsquirrel, I am OOS too. We can be scared together :eek:

I'm guessing they won't update the portal/notify people until Monday, 12/23, then? :(

I'm guessing they won't update the portal/notify people until Monday, 12/23, then? :(
It's looking that way…but then again there is like a 3 hour time difference for me, so who knows?

I received my email from OSU at like 3:30ish mountain time that day, so I would wait until closing time (5pm Mountain time) before calling it quits for the weekend

Reactions: 2 users
And refresh...and refresh...aaannnnddd refresh...

Reactions: 3 users
Seriously.... someone needs to take my phone away. I think I have checked the portal 50 times today!

Honestly, I think I get more excited for you guys. I just like to see people get super excited when they know. I have no chance. lol

Yesterday I spent WAY too much time looking at the Successful Applicants c/o 2017 thread, trying to figure out what chance I have at getting in. I'm no more hopeful than I was before I looked at it.

Yesterday I spent WAY too much time looking at the Successful Applicants c/o 2017 thread, trying to figure out what chance I have at getting in. I'm no more hopeful than I was before I looked at it.

I made the mistake of checking colorado's previous admissions stats. Only 8% of the applicants were accepted and only 3% of OOS. Meh.

I made the mistake of checking colorado's previous admissions stats. Only 8% of the applicants were accepted and only 3% of OOS. Meh.

Well that means out of all of us OOS'ers on SDN, there's a likelihood that 0.7389 SDN'ers are going to get in. ;)

Denied. Damn.

Congrats to those who got accepted!

Nonsponsored alternate =(. Any idea how many people get off the waitlist?

Well congrats in advance to the fraction of whoever gets in lol

Freaking alternate, second time I got put on the alternate list... my nerves are going to shatter into a million pieces soon.

Alternate as well...now if only they told us our rank...

"College policy prevents release of ranking information, and there are few alternate offers made until after the response date of April 15." and "The latest date an offer might be made would be the first day of the second week of fall semester classes." If it's that late I'm not going, that's not fair at all. Kind of puts a dent in trying to make effective moving plans. Hubby, our 3 pets and I will wind up living out of our car due to not having dibs on housing.

Denied. Oh well, it was worth a shot. Good luck everyone, keep your heads up!

Rejected. Had a feeling. Oh well. :( congrats to everyone who heard better news!!

Wait so far there are 3 waitlisters and no acceptances? Yeah CSU is rough... maybe the 2% acceptance rate is kind of comforting... you could be top 5% (which, in my mind, is still A++) and bam. nope. Who knows.
Good luck to the other 2 folks :) keep busy!