CSU c/o 2018 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I cant remember my eName for the portal! is it a randomly assigned one? or did i make it and just forget haha

Where exactly in the portal does it say? Where is it posted?

"Regrettably, we are unable to offer you admission to the veterinary program this year."

my least favorite word in that sentence is 'regrettably.'
IF YOU REGRET IT, YOU WOULD HAVE LET ME IN!!!

justbelieve: 0; CSU: 2
goes to prove even in-staters have it hard.
haha. rant over.

congrats to those alternated and accepted =]
also, i have heard rumors that in the last several years, a couple of them had gone through their entire alternate list before filling the class. keep your hopes up!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Here's hoping that everyone accepted got in at more than 2 schools and picks the other one! justbelieve1230 I hope the rumors are based in truth.

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't be surprised if those rumors are true. OOS tuition is killer. (that obviously didn't stop me from applying, hah.)

Reactions: 1 users
Denied. CSU was my IS school. I was accepted at Midwestern, and they were my number 2... but I was really really hoping I would get to go to my dream school.

Im an alternate . .bummer . .but staying hopeful

The non-sponsored spots tend to move quite a bit, and some years they go through almost all of them, but it depends on the year. Congratulations on being an alternate! Very exciting!

Well that wasn't supposed to happen. I got in. What now?

Reactions: 5 users
Omg, omg omg omg omg I'm an IS alternate!!!!!! I thought there wasn't a chance in hell I'd even make that !!! Ah!!!!!!!! Omg!!!!
The warmest & happiest congratulations to everyone who got in or is also an alternate!!!
Woa!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
i would love for current CSU students to provide some feedback on the school/tell us about your experiences/what made you choose CSU/if you are glad you went/etc.... I am planning to visit CSU but I am far away in NJ and may not be able to visit until the PVM showcase day in the end of March or in a couple months once my other interviews are over. Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Received the self-guided file review. I think one of the factors that took me out of the running was my courseload during my last 3 semesters. They were mostly upper division sciences, but I only took 12-14 credits to avoid burnout (that, and senioritis...) Oh well.

Congrats again to those accepted! I visited Fort Collins in September and LOVED the city. Wasn't too fond of the fact that you spend the 1st two years in one building (on the undergrad campus), which is completely separated from the vet teaching hospital. But Fort Collins is still very very awesome.

Last edited:
It still hasn't updated in my portal. Really messing with me

no email today either. :/ i've gotten everything up until this point and can access my portal just fine.

I got my official email this afternoon. If you have no info, I would try emailing them. o_O

Sorry they're prolonging your anxiety!!

Mine says that the official letter is still coming in the mail. I guess the email is just a notification of acceptance, and not the official word. I just meant that my portal updated yesterday, and I got the email notification today.

Really? I received an email too but it said that the actual unofficial email (which makes me even confused why they sent that first email but w/e) will be sent on Monday... and the official mail will be mailed out Monday (but who knows when that'll arrive).
yes, i was confused as to why they sent the first email as well, but hey i am all for letting us know "unofficially" 3 days early. :)

Just looked at mine again. It doesn't say anything about another email on Monday; it says that it is the unofficial offer and the official offer letter has been placed in the mail. Whatevs....they can send however many emails they want, they let me in!

this is driving me crazy! i've heard from two already (not good news) and i really just want to get it over with. maybe i'll email them but tomorrow is sunday so it probably won't even be read till monday. bahhhhh!

this is driving me crazy! i've heard from two already (not good news) and i really just want to get it over with. maybe i'll email them but tomorrow is sunday so it probably won't even be read till monday. bahhhhh!

Are you a WICHE applicant? If so, you may actually be notified later. Since "All offer, alternate, and deny decisions for Colorado and Nonsponsored applicants have been posted. This posting also includes Early Nonsponsored Offers made to WICHE candidates who were highly ranked by our admissions committee."

OOS alternate.

Reactions: 2 users
not sure if thats good or bad at this point.
I think it is just normal for most WICHE applicants. If you look at previous year WICHE threads, you see they usually get notified later. Only a few seem to get notified in mid Dec. It is ok, don't get down yet. Enjoy New Years! You may get very good news in it!

Received my official snail mail letter today! So excited. Is everyone planning on going to the accepted students day in the end of March or is anyone going to check out CSU sooner? I guess it will depend on what I hear from other schools in the next month or two but I would like to make my decision sooner than the end if March if possible!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know about VetPrep Program?

Received my official snail matter offer too! ...Does anyone know who I should contact to let them know I already completed the pre-req?

Last edited:
Received my official snail matter offer too! ...Does anyone know who I should contact to let them know I already completed the pre-req? (I took Genetics already at my 4-year institution but it has a weird name...)

Probably Janet Janke.

waitlisted! I was totally not expecting this. keeping my hopes up though!

Reactions: 2 users
Do any of the other accepted or alternate people have their transcripts checked off on the 'materials received' section yet? Obviously they got them from VMCAS, but it makes me nervous that it hasn't been checked off....

My understanding was that they are taking your transcripts from VMCAS. Fall transcripts, if you have them, are to be sent directly to VMCAS as well.

Just re-read the email. This little note is at the end: "Offered candidates are required to send official fall transcripts (if enrolled in fall courses). These should be received by VMCAS before February 1."