CSU c/o 2020 applicants, y'all ready for this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I got accepted! Congratulations to everyone who received good news. I'm sorry to everyone that didn't get in, but have faith I know it will work out for you!

Reactions: 10 users
I guess maybe that's the end of it for tonight... hopefully good news for the rest of us tomorrow.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year they were sent out over the course of a Friday and Saturday so hopefully that means tomorrow will be the day (or otherwise Monday)

Reactions: 1 users
It's not alphabetical as my last name starts with an S.

Accepted as OOS as well!

While I'm still hoping to get into my IS school, the possibility of going to school with some familiar "faces" from sdn is very appealing to me

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to everyone who got in!!! So excited for you all!! Welcome to CSU!!

Everyone who didn't get in, a fair bit of randomness to who gets in & who does not, so keep your head up. Don't let it disheartened you too much. :( Hugs & encouragement to you all.

Preliminary decisions sent out. Here's the letter I got... :/

Thank you for your interest in Colorado State University’s DVM Program. The Veterinary Admissions Committee at Colorado State University has completed its Early Academic Review of your application for admission to the DVM Program for the entering class of fall 2016. Regrettably, we are unable to offer you admission to the DVM Program this year. Your application will not be considered further in this application cycle.

If you would like to receive feedback about your application, please refer to our "File Review" document at http://csu-cvmbs.colostate.edu/Documents/dvm-self-guided-file-review.pdf. Detailed explanations, listed by evaluation category, will help to identify strengths/weaknesses on an individual basis. We recognize some applicants may want to learn more about how to make their application more competitive and what the CSU DVM Admissions Committee looks for in an applicant. Videos that cover this information are available on our website at: http://csu-cvmbs.colostate.edu/dvm-program/Pages/create-a-strong-dvm-application.aspx.

Although I must give you this disappointing news, we acknowledge the considerable energy and interest you have invested in your candidacy. Due to the limited number of candidates who can be admitted, much time and thought has gone into the selection process, and many candidates cannot be accepted. This year, the applicant pool consisted of approximately 1,600 candidates.

After you have analyzed your application, you may conclude that you could benefit with additional expertise/skills through graduate work. The College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences has several one-year programs in Biomedical Sciences, Microbiology, Toxicology or Assisted Reproduction which have benefitted previous students preparing for professional school or careers. We invite you to consider these options described at: http://csu-cvmbs.colostate.edu/students/Pages/Professional-Masters-Programs.aspx.

We appreciate the interest you have shown in the DVM Program at Colorado State University. Should you wish to reapply to our program next year, be assured that your application will be considered without reference to a previous application. In fact, numerous students accepted each year have previously submitted unsuccessful applications.

Best of luck as you pursue your career goals.

Sincerely,
Mark Stetter, DVM, DACZM
Dean
College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences

That's the letter that all of us got if we were rejected

Non-Sponsered OOS alternate. Found out as of 9:30 am today (NJ time).

Reactions: 3 users
Also an alternate... didn't get an e-mail, but it was on the portal. Kind of surprised since I thought I was completely expecting a rejection. Does anyone know if they give you your rank or how many people get put on the list?

Additionally, congrats to everyone who got in! And good luck to everyone who got rejected

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted-sponsored. @Fish pixie is right. If you were rejected, take heart! I was rejected last year and felt very discouraged. I didn't think I would reapply and then scrambled to submit the exact same application (references, statement and all) at the very last minute and second time was the charm. You very well could've been barely beat out this year and it may just take a few applications. Best of luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Oops... just saw the line about not giving out rank. Never mind. I guess more waiting is in store!

Members don't see this ad :)
Still nothing. Starting to wonder about alphabetical. Anyone after P hear anything ?

I haven't heard anything and I'm G.

That's weird...does it seem to have anything to do with IS vs OOS/WICHE? I am OOS.

I'm in the G-M letter region, and IS, if that's helpful to you all? I think it is just a random process. Hang in there. <3

Just wondering but for the acceptance letter, does anyone else have it as "for the entering class of fall 2015"?

Mine says 2016. They may have corrected their mistake.

Oh hello there rejection letter. What I totally needed after waking up to puppy poop all over the place. /:

Alternate! I'm pretty happy about it, it's like an exciting wildcard that could be played at any time!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I heard too; non-sponsored alternate. I had to log into the portal to see, no email notification or anything.

Oh hello there rejection letter. What I totally needed after waking up to puppy poop all over the place. /:
sorry :-(

Your puppy must have been upset about it too.

Also just checked my portal, non-sponsored alternate. Sorry to everyone who got rejected, congratulations to everyone accepted, and sort-of-sorry to us alternates who (while we have a chance? Kinda?) get to worrywait (it's a new word I've made up that applies to veterinary school applications) until April. :p

I would just be patient. I received my information at 5:34 last night.

Did you get an email that said the portal had an update?
Nope.... Literally nothing. I applied wiche, but all my friends who did wiche as well received either acceptance or rejection yesterday too. So I don't know why they would get an answer but I didn't?

Weird...I know nothing about Wiche, but the website does say those decisions would come out in January. I bet you could call them and ask, especially since other wiche applicants got their notifications. Glitch, maybe?

I work until late tonight... And it's Sunday, guess I'll have to deal with it tomorrow

Hopefully you'll find out soon, I'm sorry you're stuck waiting! Sending good Juju.

Accepted, sponsored! I just checked my school email while at work and noticed the portal update from CSU.

Best wishes to everyone : )

Nope.... Literally nothing. I applied wiche, but all my friends who did wiche as well received either acceptance or rejection yesterday too. So I don't know why they would get an answer but I didn't?

They're separate decisions, but you should hear soon either way. On my acceptance letter it says that I could deny this if I wanted to and then they'd potentially accept me as a WICHE next month.

From the letter:
Please know your rank as a WICHE candidate will not be affected by an acceptance/decline of (or no response to) this offer. If your name comes up on the WICHE Offer List after accepting, declining or not responding to this Nonsponsored offer, we will be happy to convert your Nonsponsored position to a WICHE offer. However, if our class is full and your WICHE state opens a position we may not be able to convert your Nonsponsored position to a WICHE position.

nonsponsored alternate... I wonder around how many people get put on/end up getting accepted from the wait list. Does anyone know from previous years? Like I wonder how good of a chance it would be or not haha

also, i dont know if this is a dumb question but do "sponsored" alternates have a better chance? haha..

also, i dont know if this is a dumb question but do "sponsored" alternates have a better chance? haha..
I have no facts to back up this statement, but I think nonsponsored will move more than the sponsored pool will. There are probably few who would turn down an IS spot.

I have no facts to back up this statement, but I think nonsponsored will move more than the sponsored pool will. There are probably few who would turn down an IS spot.
That has certainly been the case the last several years. They did offer several IS applicants OOS offers last year... so there is that too.

Well I finally emailed, I get no decision until January. Guess I am only considered as a wiche student but not OOS Non-sponsored? No clue how they all works. Haha

But good news- so far- not rejected!

That's good news! But it's seriously weird you are only in wiche and not OOS also. Strangeeeee
I have no clue how or why..... It is kind of frustrating, but hopefully it all works out. I'm trying to remain positive.

Accepted, Non-sponsored! Congrats to all accepted, much hope to all waitlisted, and many condolences to those rejected. Much love to all <3

If anyone hasn't seen CSU yet are you going to the Feb 27 event or possibly seeing it sooner? That date feels so far away to me!

Also not sure if this applies to anyone but I emailed them about uploading transcripts because at my school (not sure about others) I can't download the official one and when you open the official transcript envelope it's considered no longer official but they said it was find to open it and upload that! :)

lol got rejected on my birthday. Happy birthday to meeee. :hardy::bored:

Congratulations to those that have been accepted!! They said around 1600 people applied this year, so you should feel really proud for having made the cut :)

lol got rejected on my birthday. Happy birthday to meeee. :hardy::bored:

Congratulations to those that have been accepted!! They said around 1600 people applied this year, so you should feel really proud for having made the cut :)
Happy birthday condolences to you! Or something like that...:)

Anyone know how many people are offered alternate spots?

The last couple of years have gone through several alternate spots - both sponsored and non-sponsored. Not sure of exact numbers, but probably around 10?

If you are local, with no Christmas dinner plans:

My turkey is thawing. I'm slicing apples and prepping the cheddar cheese crust. Debating between chocolate cheesecake or my awesome cheesecake/pumpkin pie separated by dark chocolate combo. Cleaning the house (just moved in, boxes still everywhere!)

We have a beautiful tree, lots of food, some alcohol...( I'd recommend bringing your own if you aren't into milk stouts or a random assortment of party liquors that I somehow got given.)

I'm used to big Christmas gatherings and you are welcome to join Christmas dinner!

Reactions: 4 users
If you are local, with no Christmas dinner plans:

My turkey is thawing. I'm slicing apples and prepping the cheddar cheese crust. Debating between chocolate cheesecake or my awesome cheesecake/pumpkin pie separated by dark chocolate combo. Cleaning the house (just moved in, boxes still everywhere!)

We have a beautiful tree, lots of food, some alcohol...( I'd recommend bringing your own if you aren't into milk stouts or a random assortment of party liquors that I somehow got given.)

I'm used to big Christmas gatherings and you are welcome to join Christmas dinner!
Brb booking a plane ticket :D
(I wish. Sounds like you're going to have an awesome Christmas!)