CSU c/o 2020 applicants, y'all ready for this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just tried to log into my account to see if my GRE scores have been processed. AND MY LOGIN DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW WHEN MY CSA LOGIN HAS STOPPED WORKING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE APPLICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is happening to me now as well. Tried different computers, browsers, clearing cookies, everything I could think of and nothing could get it to work. And I never signed up with any different information.

Maybe I'll be able to access it the next day like you were. Did they post any of your information when you got back into your account?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm all applied to CSU and finished my WICHE app as well. Anyone else applying as WICHE? I heard that WICHE applicants, if selected, receive decisions sooner. Not sure if there's any truth to that statement; another applicant at my university said that.

This is happening to me now as well. Tried different computers, browsers, clearing cookies, everything I could think of and nothing could get it to work. And I never signed up with any different information.

Maybe I'll be able to access it the next day like you were. Did they post any of your information when you got back into your account?

I e-mailed CSU and they said I was under an old e-mail that's not even functional any more. So I signed in with that e-mail (which worked) then subsequently changed it.

I'm all applied to CSU and finished my WICHE app as well. Anyone else applying as WICHE? I heard that WICHE applicants, if selected, receive decisions sooner. Not sure if there's any truth to that statement; another applicant at my university said that.

I do believe WICHE applicants get their notifications first, but I would have to go back and read old CSU threads to be sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! So I have a question... I asked 4 people for ETS PPI evaluations (just in case one couldn't get the rec in on time). As it turns out, the one person that still hasn't done it is the one vet I asked. He did the VMCAS one but not the ETS one. I just sent him a reminder e-mail yesterday (and one two weeks ago as well), but I'm still kind of worried he won't get it in.
As of now, I have three others from professors and supervisors from animal related internships (but not a vet). My question is... will it hurt my chances if I send it in without the vet evaluation? I know it isn't required that a vet send one in, but I wonder how much it actually matters in the long run. I'm OOS as well, which I know isn't so great either.

Hey! So I have a question... I asked 4 people for ETS PPI evaluations (just in case one couldn't get the rec in on time). As it turns out, the one person that still hasn't done it is the one vet I asked. He did the VMCAS one but not the ETS one. I just sent him a reminder e-mail yesterday (and one two weeks ago as well), but I'm still kind of worried he won't get it in.
As of now, I have three others from professors and supervisors from animal related internships (but not a vet). My question is... will it hurt my chances if I send it in without the vet evaluation? I know it isn't required that a vet send one in, but I wonder how much it actually matters in the long run. I'm OOS as well, which I know isn't so great either.

I think it will not be a good thing to not have a vet letter. Even though CSU doesn't require a vet that I could find, most of your competition will have a letter from a vet.

From the ETS website: Evaluation Reports are processed within four business days and mailed within seven business days of the date you submit your order. If you receive reports electronically, they will be sent within four business days from the date you submit your order.

to me this means if you order your report on monday, CSU won't receive it until Thursday... It seems a bit ridiculous in this day and age of technology that it has that kind of a lag in the system. I believe ETS may have the same IT support as VMCAS.
I was planning on applying to CSU, but when my procrastinating ass found this i figured I'm too darn late...

Last edited:
I was thinking they only did snail mail delivery and that was my panic over a week ago. My dumb butt had been sitting on finished PPIs and ignoring them because of something as silly as a housing crisis?!?
(Omg, there are too many funny faces to choose from!)

I'm trying to finish up my supplemental app tonight (er, morning) because I think the Collaborative Program in Alaska sounds right up my alley, and I just need to finish the essay for it. Back when I was trying to decided on an undergrad college I really wanted to go to CSU because of the vet school, ended up not being right for me financially but what really matters is applying to vet school now!

@Koala1010 I had the same kind of problem with not getting an evaluation from a DVM, eek. The last time I worked under a vet was when I shadowed at my local clinic in my senior year of high school (2010), so it wouldn't be feasible for him to evaluate me when it's been so long. I've been trying since April to land a tech or assistant job so that I'd get some actual clinical experience and an eval. but there's not a lot of veterinary jobs open in my area and no one has ever called me back after interviewing. :( so at the "last minute" (couple weeks ago) I had to just contact my poultry science professor who supervised me in a lot of things to be my third evaluator.

Also, said professor only just now completed the evaluations at 10pm yesterday and I submitted them. Now that I've read PPI's sending schedule...ugh, they can't be serious? please lord don't let this affect the status of my app...

I'm trying to finish up my supplemental app tonight (er, morning) because I think the Collaborative Program in Alaska sounds right up my alley, and I just need to finish the essay for it. Back when I was trying to decided on an undergrad college I really wanted to go to CSU because of the vet school, ended up not being right for me financially but what really matters is applying to vet school now!

@Koala1010 I had the same kind of problem with not getting an evaluation from a DVM, eek. The last time I worked under a vet was when I shadowed at my local clinic in my senior year of high school (2010), so it wouldn't be feasible for him to evaluate me when it's been so long. I've been trying since April to land a tech or assistant job so that I'd get some actual clinical experience and an eval. but there's not a lot of veterinary jobs open in my area and no one has ever called me back after interviewing. :( so at the "last minute" (couple weeks ago) I had to just contact my poultry science professor who supervised me in a lot of things to be my third evaluator.

Also, said professor only just now completed the evaluations at 10pm yesterday and I submitted them. Now that I've read PPI's sending schedule...ugh, they can't be serious? please lord don't let this affect the status of my app...

Best of luck! (With the PPIS too!)

I'm sitting in my husband's work trying to crank mine out too. We have had some crazy moving crap going on and one of my daughter's keeps getting sick enough to go to the ER in the middle of the night, and then there's the newborn and the farm animals, and a hubby who thinks I'm magically working on this in my non-existent spare time.

Tonight I gave up and planned on getting it done. I might need one more day though... I'm trying to decide if I should apply to multiple combined programs... that would be silly right?

@LadyOtheFarm thanks! And good luck to you too (I have enough trouble trying to finish these essays while I'm staying at my grandparents' with only my dog and a freshman-level class to take care of, can't imagine having to take care of a household on top of that!)

I hope to submit the VMCAS today or tomorrow to avoid any problems on deadline day...as for the combined programs I'd say why not GO FOR IT (though to be fair, I haven't really looked at the details for them since applying for the UAF/CSU program makes me ineligible for the others!)

I'm applying for the PhD/DVM, but since what I want to do is large animal, I'm tempted to throw my hat in the ring for the MS in AnSci/DVM as well. But I already have an MS, so I don't know. I just really like the sound of the program set up and I know all the professors for it and I'm pretty sure most of them like me...

Now I'm just procrastinating. I hate typing descriptions on all the freaking experiences. It makes me feel old. Then I get cranky!;)

I really loved the sound of the UAF program because the Alaska portion apparently involves things like musk ox, caribou, rural/public/wildlife health...I'm hoping to get into wildlife/exotics, or large animal as a backup, so it sounds perfect for me (and you just get forwarded onto regular SVM admissions if you're denied/alternate for the program, so it doesn't hurt to try). Being from Texas I'd have to learn how to live in that climate though, lol!

now it's past 6am and I still can't figure out how to word the last half of this essay. May have to throw in the towel soon to avoid sleeping in so late.

I feel that if we submit the evaluations by the deadline, it shouldn't be an issue. That's how it works for VMCAS... even if it hasn't been verified by the deadline it's fine. I'm kind of frustrated that this seems not to be the case for ETS since I already did everything else way ahead of time and I was literally just waiting on other people. I mean, maybe my fault for not being on top of the sending schedule info but still really frustrating. My part has been all done for over a month!

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel that if we submit the evaluations by the deadline, it shouldn't be an issue. That's how it works for VMCAS... even if it hasn't been verified by the deadline it's fine. I'm kind of frustrated that this seems not to be the case for ETS since I already did everything else way ahead of time and I was literally just waiting on other people. I mean, maybe my fault for not being on top of the sending schedule info but still really frustrating. My part has been all done for over a month!

Hey all, just got this in an email from Jane Janke:

Important Note: ETS PPI Report: The deadline to send your ETS PPI Report is September 15. You can submit your Colorado Supplemental Application before sending your ETS PPI Evaluation Report.

If by September 15, you find not all three evaluators have submitted their PPI Evaluation please go ahead and submit your ETS PPI Report as is (possibly only 1-2 evaluations). While the ETS PPI Report is required to move an application forward for committee review, please know it will not impact the review of your application if not all three evaluators appear in the ETS PPI Report. Therefore, we suggest sending the ETS PPI Report on SEP 15.

Looks like you guys are all good to go!!!

I was just about to paste that e-mail. lol. Ninja'd.

Reactions: 1 user
Yep, just saw that email a few hours ago. Relief! didn't know if they'd be strict about the materials deadline when it came to the PPI.

Submitted! Nothing like waiting till the last minute. I was so diligent last year and only this morning thought, "well I might as well reapply-best to keep my options open!" Best of luck everyone! :luck:

Submitted! Nothing like waiting till the last minute. I was so diligent last year and only this morning thought, "well I might as well reapply-best to keep my options open!" Best of luck everyone! :luck:
Does that mean I saw and liked your Facebook post this morning? Aka do you know who Jake is? If I'm talking crazy, good luck anyway, but if not... Yeah, I know who somebody is! (And holy crap you filled that out fast!)

The most annoying thing about this cycle (besides VMCAS) is the fact CSU is still sending out offers at the same time.... December. I was hoping they would be a month early. Nope.

I am so nervous! I am only applying to CSU, so I didn't need to do VMCAS eLORs... But they are required for VMCAS to consider them complete. I obviously filled out the evaluator info, but told me recommenders that they didn't need to do anything about it (cause CSU assured me that it would be okay at pre-vet visit day).

I was nervous last night so I emailed Janet asking her to MAKE SURE that they would still get my application. She called me at like 7:30am today and told me that it wouldn't be considered "complete" by VMCAS but that they'd still receive it, and that as long as I submitted the apps on time and had my PPI stuff in that I was good to go. However, after being out $255, I AM SO NERVOUS that somehow it will fail and CSU won't get my app.

The most annoying thing about this cycle (besides VMCAS) is the fact CSU is still sending out offers at the same time.... December. I was hoping they would be a month early. Nope.

That's because they have three rounds. The first is early denials (review anyone under a 3.4 GPA, and do some denials), the second is the first round of admissions, and then the third is the second round of admissions.

That's because they have three rounds. The first is early denials (review anyone under a 3.4 GPA, and do some denials), the second is the first round of admissions, and then the third is the second round of admissions.

I know. I've applied to them twice already.

I know. I've applied to them twice already.

It makes sense why it takes so long though. They can't really get to the second round of acceptances until some of the first have decided.

It makes sense why it takes so long though. They can't really get to the second round of acceptances until some of the first have decided.

The thing is, they're using the same system with an extra month thrown in. My first year I got my decision from them on December 22 and the second year was December 8. If they're going to use the same system, logic would assume that they would be able to get everything out during November.

CSU sends out decisions earlier than just about every other school, so I wouldn't complain about it taking so long. I don't see how bumping the deadline by a couple of weeks would make that go any faster.

And they don't do two rounds of acceptances as rolling admissions - it's not like they send a second round after the first have decided. There are 3 rounds of notifications: 1. early decision, 2. combined program candidates, and 3. everyone else. WICHE applicants get notified at the same time as everyone else, you just hear about WICHE after you've been accepted.

CSU sends out decisions earlier than just about every other school, so I wouldn't complain about it taking so long. I don't see how bumping the deadline by a couple of weeks would make that go any faster.

And they don't do two rounds of acceptances as rolling admissions - it's not like they send a second round after the first have decided. There are 3 rounds of notifications: 1. early decision, 2. combined program candidates, and 3. everyone else. WICHE applicants get notified at the same time as everyone else, you just hear about WICHE after you've been accepted.
People are just excited to hear back. No reason to ridicule others. We are all in this together.

CSU applicant this year, ISS is LSU SVM. This is my 4th year applying to them (two years classified as OOS, last year FINALLY IS). I ended up picking CSU because they don't focus on overall GPA. I did check that I was interested in the combined program in Alaska. Can anyone here give me some more insight on it? I read everything CSU provided and it seems pretty straightforward.

I applied for the combined Alaska program too. Really excited to hear whether or not I get in, even though they only have 10 non-sponsored applicant spots I think.

It's a program with preference for Alaskan's in 5 spots. Unlike other schools, it's not "here are 5 IS, and 5 OOS". Even the alternate list isn't divided up into IS and OOS, but it's a mix between the two.

And they don't do two rounds of acceptances as rolling admissions - it's not like they send a second round after the first have decided.

It would make sense for them to get information out sooner because they are receiving the information sooner. That's pretty logical to me. Since they sent out information out in December (which isn't earlier than most other schools), it would make sense they would send their information out in November.

II never said it was like rolling admissions. Anywhere.

I didn't ridicule anyone. Just trying to correct misinformation.

It was very condescending in your tone. You were essentially saying that I have no idea what's going on. I know exactly how the admissions process with this school works. Dr. Hardy has gone through it with me multiple times as I have applied multiple times and done multiple file reviews.

If you didn't mean offense, then I am letting you know that the tone you're portraying is very condescending.

Onto the rest of the thread, I thought about the Alaska program but ultimately said no because of safety concerns and personal happiness.

In other news, I know a recent grad, a 4th year, two 2nd years and I think a few freshman, so if they aren't on here, I'm going to get them and give us a few brains to pick. (I don't always ask the right questions so let's see if you beat me to the right ones.) They may decide to wait until acceptances start rolling in, but we'll see.

Reactions: 1 users
In other news, I know a recent grad, a 4th year, two 2nd years and I think a few freshman, so if they aren't on here, I'm going to get them and give us a few brains to pick. (I don't always ask the right questions so let's see if you beat me to the right ones.) They may decide to wait until acceptances start rolling in, but we'll see.

That would be awesome!!

Do we have any Alaskans on here this year?
I am in the Alaska resident applicant pool. Second time applying. Currently in my 4th year of undergrad at UAF.
If you have any questions about campus or Fairbanks life, feel free to ask!

Does that mean I saw and liked your Facebook post this morning? Aka do you know who Jake is? If I'm talking crazy, good luck anyway, but if not... Yeah, I know who somebody is! (And holy crap you filled that out fast!)

Haha, no I didn't post it on FB. My identity is secure! :)

Haha, no I didn't post it on FB. My identity is secure! :)
Oh well. I know somebody local who literally decided on the 14th to apply again and filled out everything and submitted in 24 hours. I was hoping you were she.

Oh well. I know somebody local who literally decided on the 14th to apply again and filled out everything and submitted in 24 hours. I was hoping you were she.

There are officially two wonder women roaming about the earth. I can't imagine being able to do that haha.

There are officially two wonder women roaming about the earth. I can't imagine being able to do that haha.
And they are both in northern Colorado and applying to CSU... The odds are pretty staggering!

It's so impressive it might be worth mentioning on the app! (Well, I'm impressed!)

It would make sense for them to get information out sooner because they are receiving the information sooner. That's pretty logical to me. Since they sent out information out in December (which isn't earlier than most other schools), it would make sense they would send their information out in November.

II never said it was like rolling admissions. Anywhere.

I was responding to this. It sounds like a description of rolling admissions.

It was very condescending in your tone. You were essentially saying that I have no idea what's going on. I know exactly how the admissions process with this school works. Dr. Hardy has gone through it with me multiple times as I have applied multiple times and done multiple file reviews.

If you didn't mean offense, then I am letting you know that the tone you're portraying is very condescending.

I'm not sure how you inferred tone from a typewritten sentence. I didn't say you have no idea what's going on; if you decide to get worked up over something like that, then that's on you. By the way, Dr. Hardy resigned as director of admissions last year. But I'm sure you knew that.

"I'm not sure how you inferred tone from a typewritten sentence. I didn't say you have no idea what's going on; if you decide to get worked up over something like that, then that's on you. By the way, Dr. Hardy resigned as director of admissions last year. But I'm sure you knew that."

I want to point out that you say in the first sentence that you don't understand how tone can be inferred from typewritten sentences, but then get super sassy with, "But I'm sure you knew that." You're obviously attempting to have a condescending tone by pointing out something that I obviously didn't know. It was obvious you're trying to make me sound like a dumba**. The last I talked to Dr. Hardy was for a file review early in the summer/late spring and she was still dean then. Sorry that I'm just using what I know. Moreover, it's irrelevant whether Dr. Hardy is dean or not any more; she still would have the most legitimate information at the time of my file review. It's not like they're going to completely change how everything works now that Dr. Frye is the head hancho.

I never said you outright said, "You have no idea what is going on." I said, "You were essentially saying I have no idea what's going on," via your tone. Which, again, you said you don't know how tone is inferred through typewritten communication, and yet you obviously picked up that what you said offended me. You cannot say that I can't infer a condescending tone from your posts, but you can infer an offended tone from mine. It's a two way street there. And by saying, "But I'm sure you knew that," you just sound like an ass trying to put someone down.

"It makes sense why it takes so long though. They can't really get to the second round of acceptances until some of the first have decided."

The system is exactly the same as last year. So it would make sense that they would have information sent out earlier this year than last year because they have all the information earlier. I'm not saying they're process is taking less time; I'm saying that their process will have moved up three weeks because they are getting the information three weeks sooner.

"I was responding to this. It sounds like a description of rolling admissions." Your statement about this statement:

You then responded to both @CynicKitten and I here:

Since you addressed me first, I made the assumption that you were speaking to me alone. Nowhere did you say who you were responding to, nothing. So yeah, I'm going to call you out for sounding condescending through this entire post. Cynic never said they do rolling admissions. You inferred that (again, it's interesting how you say you can't infer tone, but here you're inferring she doesn't know jack). You and Cynic said essentially the same thing, she just did the Cliffnotes version.

I'm not going to say this offends me. That's too harsh of a word. I just think it's ridiculous someone rolls up here with no sort of introduction or being like, "Hey, don't mean to argue, but this is what I know." Lot's better than, "....so I wouldn't complain about it taking so long".

Not to mention if more than one person points out an attitude of an individual, there's obviously a tone being conveyed. We're supposed to be helping each other here, not being rude.

Well I'm glad that you picked up on my tone this time, because I was laying it on pretty thick.

If you're trying to be helpful, then try making sure your facts are correct before you claim to know everything about the process. If you're trying to be rude, then congratulations - you win. I'm not the one using foul language or calling names here.

Good luck to everyone applying. I suggest that if you have questions about the application process or timeline, that you ask the school itself, or reference the school's admission website.

Well I'm glad that you picked up on my tone this time, because I was laying it on pretty thick.

If you're trying to be helpful, then try making sure your facts are correct before you claim to know everything about the process. If you're trying to be rude, then congratulations - you win. I'm not the one using foul language or calling names here.

Good luck to everyone applying. I suggest that if you have questions about the application process or timeline, that you ask the school itself, or reference the school's admission website.

Way to completely ignore my point. I know my stuff. You didn't point out anything I said as incorrect in any of you're three previous posts. The whole point of SDN is for people to share what they know with each other and, if all else fails, suggest going to the school. So yeah, go to the school with questions if you're not sure; but don't downplay someone else's perception of how things work without really showing where they're wrong.

Your condescending tone (and you're hypocrisy) is just as bad as my one foul word that was aimed at you. So I guess we just tie on the rudeness scale. But at least I'm willing to admit it.

Did you know that there is an ignore function for users you don't like? I suggest its use so I don't have to warn any specific users. Keep it civil

Reactions: 2 users
Did you know that there is an ignore function for users you don't like? I suggest its use so I don't have to warn any specific users. Keep it civil

I did not know. I'll go look around in my settings and get it taken care of. Thanks for letting me know.

I want to enjoy vet school. I know the infamous drama but, stress could bring us together rather than separate us. Let's practice civility, even if we have trouble seeing it in others, and hopefully we can all get in and be excited to see each other next fall!

I want to enjoy vet school. I know the infamous drama but, stress could bring us together rather than separate us. Let's practice civility, even if we have trouble seeing it in others, and hopefully we can all get in and be excited to see each other next fall!
sometimes the best way to deal with each other is to not speak to each other. Not for all cases, and I hope not for long. But it can really help.