CSU c/o 2020 applicants, y'all ready for this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yup. Portal

Members don't see this ad.

Rejection for me too :( I've had 3 rejections in 2 weeks. :(

Good luck to those who are still waiting to hear!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry to hear that. Where on your portal do you see the decision?
Log into the supplemental app. Go all the way in and if they gave you a decision, there is a link to click in the updates section that will send you to a form letter.

Reactions: 1 user
Mine has nothing new except a pull down to upload a graduate release letter, its weird.

Nothing for me either. Are they doing in-state applicants first? Sorry to hear about the rejections so far :(

i think the grad release thing appearing is a good sign. Thats for alternates or accepted candidates. I got one as an alternate for a dual program

Aaaahhhh! I got in! And I just graduated a few hours ago! Today is a good day. c:

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So sorry to everyone that didn't get in :(

congrats to those who did!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
wait decisions are out? im so confused
Me too....plus I was driving just now so even more confusing because its hard to surf two websites with one smart phone while driving...

so those who received rejections or acceptances, are you in state?

I don't see anything on my portal either... I don't know if I'm blind or if they haven't updated it. Lol

I got an email (sent to spam) that an update in my portal has been made.

Thanks for the support, guys. It's crummy. Not sure what I want to do with my night right now. Lol

Gah . I haven't gotten anything, but the grad release letter just showed up. For the people who just got in, are you DVM/PhD or regular? Portal/email?

I got an email (sent to spam) that an update in my portal has been made.

Thanks for the support, guys. It's crummy. Not sure what I want to do with my night right now. Lol

a) ice-cream
b) christmas movies
c) wine
d) all of the above

so sorry batsenecal :(

a) ice-cream
b) christmas movies
c) wine
d) all of the above

so sorry batsenecal :(

Lol. Unfortunately I am on duty until 5 pm tomorrow, so no alcohol. Tomorrow after five, my fellow RDs and I are going out on the town. I might go look at Christmas lights with a friend.

Ooh, I do believe the release letter thing is a very good sign, guys!!

they just updated mine. rejected also!

Rejected also...they recommended enrolling MS too!! They must have missed that I'm completing my MPH this spring...:beat:

Good luck for those who haven't heard and congrats to those that got accepted!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Rejection :( wow I kind of thought I would at least get on the waitlist. That's really disappointing.

I only have the grad release letter... are you guys who are seeing actual rejections/acceptances IS or OOS?

Deny for me... 4years running

I believe they send a generic rejection letter to everyone every year. This is the same letter I got the last two years. So they don't tailor it to each person's application (i.e. suggesting a masters to those already with one).

I am IS

Also, these are the preliminary decisions. The app still says that letters will be released on the 28th. I feel like we are the people who didn't make it past whatever cutoff they have.

Those who received an interview for the DVM/PhD program, what type of portal update did you receive ?

I am so sorry for those that didn't get in. :c Just remember, though, that CSU themselves have said they have so many applicants they would LOVE to have at the school. There just isn't enough room for everyone. Don't forget to do a file review. :) I wish you all luck with your other applications, and/or your future applications!

so those who received rejections or acceptances, are you in state?

I am in state. This was also the only school I applied to this time around.

Gah . I haven't gotten anything, but the grad release letter just showed up. For the people who just got in, are you DVM/PhD or regular? Portal/email?

I am regular, and they sent me an email telling me the portal was updated.

I only have the grad release letter... are you guys who are seeing actual rejections/acceptances IS or OOS?

I am in state.

One more question: what does it precisely mean by alternate? (I just want to confirm) Thank you :)

One more question: what does it precisely mean by alternate? (I just want to confirm) Thank you :)

It means waitlist - if someone declines a spot, they head to the alternate list to replace them.

I figure it must be either neutral or good. I also have the same thing... no decision and the grad release thing.

Did they do preliminary decisions last year? I don't remember seeing anything about it when looking at the older threads

Does the old thread have anything about the grad release letter? I'm in the middle of stuff so can't look right now

Oh my god, I got in! I can't believe it, so excited!

Reactions: 12 users
FWIW I had the grad release letter and got a rejection :/

Does the old thread have anything about the grad release letter? I'm in the middle of stuff so can't look right now

From what I can tell from last year people got decisions on December 5th if they were under a 3.4 GPA (although some with under a 3.4 still got through if another part of their app. compensated) and then all decisions were released December 19th. Nothing about a grad release form or anything. So I have no idea and I guess it just means more waiting in a lot of confusion.

So, is the Dec 28th a by dec 28th at the latest then ?

Thanks Aloha, I'm so surprised!

Everyone who got a grad release letter...that's all I saw at first too. But then I scrolled to the top of the page and noticed a heading that said "Status Update" and a link that says "View Update". There's confetti on the page if you were accepted, so you'll know right away! It took me a few minutes to notice the update, so hopefully you guys all have that link available as well.