CSU-East Bay Post Bacc Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone looking for a roommate for the Fall 2016 Cohort!? I'm coming from Florida so I have no clue about the California area and I would rather live in an off campus apartment than on campus dorms!

I've been accepted for Fall 2016 AET!

Hello! I am going to be a new student for the Fall 2016 cohort as well. I just made a facebook group for the new cohort so we can all talk https://www.facebook.com/groups/1053970411364642/

Members don't see this ad.

It says: "Have completed Math 1130 (College Algebra) and Math 1300 (Trigonometry and Analytic Geometry) or equivalent before joining the program.
If you have not completed these two math requirements, you are encouraged to take the courses through Open University before applying to the program."

Do we seriously have to take these two courses if we took the Calculus series already as an undergrad?

Also, what's the address I should send my transcripts? I call the East Bay Postbac office, but no one ever answers.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you happen to remember which MD medical schools? Thanks!

No I don't. If that's published information, then it should be on the webpage or the advisors can say.

I do know that they are US MD schools...that's really all you should care about. I go to a US MD school but I'm not really going to state which one because its not necessary.

Amazing info here, guys! Thank you so much.

I am thinking of applying to enhancer program for Winter 2017. I was just wondering, I currently have 3.02BCPM and 3.25cGPA and if I do take the 10-12 courses of science classes in this program and get all As, my gpa would theoretically increase to 3.2BCPM, and 3.37cGPA, which is almost not significant. What do you guys think?

I have been accepted into a PhD program in a top 10 program next year but I am hesitating to pursue this since medschool was my original goal. I have been working in research for 4 years now and I have 4 co-authorship. I also have a lot of volunteer hours in medical and public health field. I graduated from a UC.

How long does it usually take from CSU EB having received all my completed paperwork/online app/Loan entrance signing to hearing back regarding an acceptance or rejection?

Has anyone on this thread gone through the CSUEB Post Bacc program and actually place in a University of California medical school?

Hi,

I'll be starting the PHAP program in January. I was wondering if any previous or current students have any recommendations on advisers?

Hello to those previously accepted,

I was wondering in what form were you notified of your acceptance to this program? Via email, letter, CSUEB application status, etc?

Cheers!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello to those previously accepted,

I was wondering in what form were you notified of your acceptance to this program? Via email, letter, CSUEB application status, etc?

Cheers!

You'll get an email with a formal letter shortly thereafter.

I would just like to say that I have noticed some post-bacc's have a single or very few individuals advocating them intensely on Student Doctor Network. Although CSU East Bay's Pre-Health Post Bacc has no information whatsoever on their website about matriculation rates, retention rates, linkage agreements, extracurricular opportunities and committee letters of rec, there is a single user @BamaNicole who totes an MS 4 tag on her I.D. and is speaking very highly of this program. (Despite impacted courses not allowing post bac students to enroll, no information on success of students)

This may be paranoia, but I am very worried that people on CSUEB's payroll are creating false positive reviews of the program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would just like to say that I have noticed some post-bacc's have a single or very few individuals advocating them intensely on Student Doctor Network. Although CSU East Bay's Pre-Health Post Bacc has no information whatsoever on their website about matriculation rates, retention rates, linkage agreements, extracurricular opportunities and committee letters of rec, there is a single user @BamaNicole who totes an MS 4 tag on her I.D. and is speaking very highly of this program. (Despite impacted courses not allowing post bac students to enroll, no information on success of students)

This may be paranoia, but I am very worried that people on CSUEB's payroll are creating false positive reviews of the program.

Uh....I assure you I'm not paid by the university and I'm actually a medical student but believe whatever you want. Being negative on a forum and potentially trolling people isn't going to solve whatever problem you're facing right now.

I'm a current student at CSUEB's PHAP program. This program provides an opportunity to many individuals who would've been completely out of luck with admissions to most SMP/Postbacc programs let alone professional school. Many students in this program go on to successfully matriculate in their desired professions. It's what you make of it. I am eternally thankful to this program for allowing me to build the stepping stone to my medical career. With excellent performance in this program, I've been able to gain admission to strong SMP programs. This program IS looked at favorably from D.O./SMP admissions. I can personally vouch for this. My stats prior to this program were 2.8/2.62 c/s GPA AAMCAS and 2.97/2.88 c/s GPA AAMCAS when I applied to SMP programs. I was able to gain admission to every D.O. SMP that I applied to. Most of these programs had averages .4 c/s GPA above my own if not more. You do the math.

If you are in my situation, this program is an olive branch. It is 100% legit and the professors involved are amazing. They really do care about our success.

Reactions: 1 users
Here's some unofficial information regarding student matriculation into their desired professions. Students who successfully matriculated into DO/MD/DDS programs self reported these statistics, and because this information is unofficial, it isn't available on the PHAP website. It is available and posted on the bulletin in front of the PHAP office.
ImageUploadedBySDN1496350895.516909.jpg
ImageUploadedBySDN1496350912.563708.jpg
ImageUploadedBySDN1496350922.854356.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

hi rubadux,

How do you interpret the MD 2016 chart? I'm assuming the BCPM GPA is that of the applicants' undergraduate and PHAP GPA, or is it solely on the PHAP GPA alone? Thanks!

Hey guys, I'm trying to start my application for fall this year but I don't see the CSUEB post bacc on Cal State Apply! Is anyone else having this problem?!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 10.26.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 10.26.52 AM.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 83
Hi Everyone- I just got my acceptance into the PHAP program at CSUEB on the Career Changer Track and am super stoked! I just had a quick question for those who are or have already completed the program- would you be able to give a day-to-day of what you do while you're in your program? Do you do research/clinical roles as your source of income during the program? Thanks in advance for your help!

Does anybody know if post bac students also have to attend the orientation? I got accepted in march and was awaiting the email for orientation sign ups but have not received anything yet. anyone else have the same problem? Or are we not required to attend it?

Hi! I know this is a very outdated thread but I just got accepted to CSUEB's AET and wanted to hear from anyone who has finished the program. I am pre-dental and I want to mainly do the program to improve my overall GPA.

Would you say that this has helped you a lot in getting into professional school???

Hi! I know this is a very outdated thread but I just got accepted to CSUEB's AET and wanted to hear from anyone who has finished the program. I am pre-dental and I want to mainly do the program to improve my overall GPA.

Would you say that this has helped you a lot in getting into professional school???
I'M on the same boat as you!! let me know if you get any info in regards to pre-dental success in this program! Congrats on the acceptance :)

I'M on the same boat as you!! let me know if you get any info in regards to pre-dental success in this program! Congrats on the acceptance :)
Hopefully we find out more Info! I’ve heard from about 3 people through other friends who got into dental school. Hopefully we get some feedback on sdn too though!