CSU/NEOMED POST BACC/ MED PROGRAM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If it really went out yesterday... People in Ohio will get it today or tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad.

If it really went out yesterday... People in Ohio will get it today or tomorrow!
It would be so great if I can put an end to this wait today! But I feel like it will most likely come tomorrow

It would be so great if I can put an end to this wait today! But I feel like it will most likely come tomorrow
They really said it went out in the mail yesterday when you called? :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
They really said it went out in the mail yesterday when you called? :xf:
Yes he did. I hope I was given the right information. And if it was sent out yesterday, I hope it was before 5pm. If you like, you can call and confirm

Reactions: 1 user
Yes he did. I hope I was given the right information. And if it was sent out yesterday, I hope it was before 5pm. If you like, you can call and confirm
I believe you!

Interview invite via email about 20 minutes ago. NEOMED early Feb. and CSU 2 weeks later. I hope you all hear good news soon!

Got an email today too saying I got an interview!!! Two days in early Feb.

Got the interview in the email!! I don't know why they told me it was going to be postal mail. But I'm still happy none the less!! I hope the rest of you get the good news as well!!

I got the interview notification too! Is everyone interviewing on the Feb 5th (neo)/ and Feb 10th (CSU)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Im feb 5th at NEOMED but Feb 19 at CSU. I wonder if we could get in touch with any of previous years classes to see if they have interview tips…4 hours is quite a long time….
I am the 19th too! Just had a typo (NOT on the 10th). I bet it's a group interview day for them, which is why it would take so long.

Congrats on those who have received their II! Do you guys mind sharing stats/stories? I'm graduating CSU this summer and want to apply for the post-bacc program next year.

Received interview invite today as well! Fingers crossed!!!
Does anyone one know if it's 100 interviewees this year as well or if it's less due to less applicants?
also whats everyones stats?

Does anyone one know if it's 100 interviewees this year as well or if it's less due to less applicants?
I heard it was 100 interviewees still.

Also, not really comfortable nor do I see the benefit of sharing my stats online at this point. If I get in I will!! :)

Last edited:
Hey guys I received an interview for the Post bacc program feb 4-5.
Wondering if anyone already in the program had any tips for a great interview.

Hey i was wondering if anyone that had a gpa below 3.0 recieved an interview?

Mine was a little above that and I got one.

So this interview is looming….o_O pretty nerve wracking….

Had my NEOMED interview today, CSU tomorrow. Went very well! Good luck to everyone!

Any details you are willing to share?
It all depends on who you get to interview you. 4 applicants, 4 interviewers. Super nerve wracking. And I feed on emotion and everyone was so nervous so it made me even more nervous.

It all depends on who you get to interview you. 4 applicants, 4 interviewers. Super nerve wracking. And I feed on emotion and everyone was so nervous so it made me even more nervous.
Oh wow! That's not good :/ were the question similar to the NEOMED interview?

Oh wow! That's not good :/ were the question similar to the NEOMED interview?
It wasn't the questions that were hard. Similar questions but NEOMED went amazing for me and this one was just intense and challenging. But like I said it all comes down to the interviewers and the groups so just hope you have good people in your group.

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully you did better than you think!

It wasn't the questions that were hard. Similar questions but NEOMED went amazing for me and this one was just intense and challenging. But like I said it all comes down to the interviewers and the groups so just hope you have good people in your group.
Thank you! You have been very helpful! Did you apply for the bacc/MD or the post-bacc/MD

How did everyone's NEOMED interviews go on the 5th?

I think mine went well. They really made it more like a conversation (at least my interviewer did) and just asked about things listed on your application (along with the normal questions-- why urban primary care etc.) It seemed like a lot of people had pleasant interviews too--at least from what I saw. Atmosphere of NEOMED was very relaxed and welcoming--they talk to you like you've already been accepted (not sure if that's common or not…) It was also really nice to talk to current students--they seem to love the school.

I also asked one of the directors about number of applications and she said a lot of people did not attend their interviews bc they were accepted elsewhere. There were about 30 people (lots of the OOS group) on the 4th at NEOMED and the 5th at CSU, and about 30 (or less?) of the in-state group (NEOMED-5th, CSU-19th). So that could work to our benefit….

Mine went well too!

Now, I should note that my interview at NEOMED was not an easy interview (at least in my case). I talked with several other interviewees and they had varying interview experiences, so I attribute my experience on interviewer's digression. However, my interview was quite fair in the questions asked, it was quite evident my interviewer took the time to read through my experiences/letters/application. Anyways, I have CSU portion of the interview this Friday (19th) and I am excited to interview in this group format. I have never had a non-panel, group interview.

For those of you who don't mind and have interviewed, could you PM me your stats? I may be an applicant to this program in the next cycle and want to know if I am competitive for it.

How was CSU for everyone? I wonder how many people interviewed for post-bacc versus bacc and I wonder when we are supposed to find out!

Hello Everyone! I just discovered this thread. I too am a post-bacc applicant. I thought the CSU interview was challenging because of the group setting. The questions were fair though and I thought it went okay. Personally, I think my NEOMED interview went better. I think they said they would mail decisions mid-March.

I also think my NEOMED interview went better, the interviewers at CSU didnt really talk much. They kind of just listened to each person's answer then moved on (hard to gauge reactions), whereas the NEOMED interviewers stimulated the conversation more. But that just might be because of the individual vs. group setting.

Im not sure how many bacs they interview but a current student in the program said they generally take 10-15 bacs, if that.. a representative there said decisions are mailed out March 11th, but the CSU representative said around the start of April. Either way, it's a relief that interviews are over!

I'm hoping the March 11th date is correct! So it seems about 70 people interviewed for 35 spots! Eek. I'm so nervous.

Reactions: 2 users
How was CSU for everyone? I wonder how many people interviewed for post-bacc versus bacc and I wonder when we are supposed to find out!
As I stated in a previous post, I thought the NeoMed interview was not the easiest (which I attributed to the specific interviewer I had), and so, I thought the CSU interview couldn't be much worse. I was wrong. It was very challenging: I had trouble relaxing into the interview and the questions were not horrible but still difficult. However, It was quite nice to be in a group of people that I at least was familiar with (from the NeoMed interview), so the group session did improve the comradely post-interview. With that being said, I think I did alright and hopefully good enough to land me a spot in the program.

Hopefully just a couple more weeks before some good news!!! I'm very nervous.

Reactions: 1 users
My interview at NeoMed went terrible... (It was with the director of the program)
I was so nervous I couldn't even answer questions like "Why do you want to be a doctor?" or even the "Why NeoMed?" (I was so nervous I got that second question wrong!!!)
My second interview was much much better and I felt like I had the world in my hands and then the final interview, which was supposed to last 20 minutes, ended up being 1 hour long, just chatting it up with the faculty coordinator.

I really really hope that they don't look at my first interview and think automatic rejection... I've worked so hard up to this point and to see it all crumble before my eyes because of a 20-25 minute interview...It will shatter my soul...

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Hopefully just a couple more weeks before some good news!!! I'm very nervous.

Same! I wish the 11th would come faster just to have the wait end. Plus it comes in snail mail which extends the wait :/

Same! I wish the 11th would come faster just to have the wait end. Plus it comes in snail mail which extends the wait :/
I believe they are sending it by both snail mail and email, so we might know right away too!! I must note that I am very thankful for this thread though, it is somehow relaxing to know that there are several other people that are in the same boat/ has the same anxiety level as me. Hopefully we can all be in the cohort together!