CSU San Marcos Pre-Health Fall 2016 Cohort

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dakube827

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seeing as the admission results are coming now, I wanted to try to corral the cohorts for this fall so we can get to know each other better and possibly visit the campus if your out of the immediate area. Congratulations!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I was accepted for the 2016 cohort. I will be moving back to the U.S. for this program - would prefer to live with people who are also in this program.

Please search and join "CSU San Marcos Pre health Fall 2016 Cohort" on Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Goodluck guys. Watch out for Chem 150 professor. Her name is Dickinson. Should avoid this lady if you want to learn something in Chem 150. She's horrible. I'm from cohort#2. Survived the class barely. Self- taught. Half of the cohort left the program. Tons of complaints about her in cohort#2. Everyone in cohort#2 were Cc the emails from students complaining about her unfair grading, she plays favorites. If you've been out of school for more than 2 yrs, she's kind of discriminatory towards you. People in the cohort were emailing the head of the program but it was useless. ALSO, he's no longer running the program. All the complaints were sweep under the mattress. People in extension running the program either didn't want to admit it, or didn't know. Unfortunately she's the ONLY Chem 150 professor in the entire school.
I'm going into my 2nd year with the program and let's just say there are better programs out there. This one you're pretty limited in the amount of courses you would like to take. If I were to do it over again, Berkeley extension is better. it's flexible plus you can take as many courses you like if you're looking into boosting your gpa. Definitely helps with the name Berkeley even if it's extension. In terms of Chem 150, I highly recommend taking the first gen chem course elsewhere and transfer in.However, it's too late at this point. Trust me, you do not want to take this lady. No matter how good you are at Chem. Speaking from experience.

Last edited:
Goodluck guys. Watch out for Chem 150 professor. Her name is Dickinson. Should avoid this lady if you want to learn something in Chem 150. She's horrible. I'm from cohort#2. Survived the class barely. Self- taught. Half of the cohort left the program. Tons of complaints about her in cohort#2. Everyone in cohort#2 were Cc the emails from students complaining about her unfair grading, she plays favorites. If you've been out of school for more than 2 yrs, she's kind of discriminatory towards you. People in the cohort were emailing the head of the program but it was useless. ALSO, he's no longer running the program. All the complaints were sweep under the mattress. People in extension running the program either didn't want to admit it, or didn't know. Unfortunately she's the ONLY Chem 150 professor in the entire school.
I'm going into my 2nd year with the program and let's just say there are better programs out there. This one you're pretty limited in the amount of courses you would like to take. If I were to do it over again, Berkeley extension is better. it's flexible plus you can take as many courses you like if you're looking into boosting your gpa. Definitely helps with the name Berkeley even if it's extension. In terms of Chem 150, I highly recommend taking the first gen chem course elsewhere and transfer in.However, it's too late at this point. Trust me, you do not want to take this lady. No matter how good you are at Chem. Speaking from experience.

1. This program isn't meant for GPA boosting. It's meant for career changers that are changing fields. If you want a GPA boosting program, you need something with more options i.e., Genetics, Immunology, etc.

2. I completely disagree- Dickinson was one of my favorite professors. I had been out of school for a couple of years and she did not discriminate against that, and she really whipped you into shape to succeed in the program. I bombed the first exam- didn't even have time to finish it, but after talking with her and coming up with strategies for timed test taking, I ended the course with over a 95%. She made most of her exams a little harder than the undergraduate level, but in the end that only makes you a stronger student. I didn't even have to study any General Chemistry for the MCAT because I remembered everything taught in that class. I also flew through OChem I & II because I knew the basics so well. If you think Dickinson was bad, just wait until you have Physics II. You'll be wishing you were back in her class. I would rather rip out my hair than have to sit through another one of our Physics II professors lectures. Actually, I'd rather chew on glass. Seriously. It was that horrible.

This is why you have to take any advice given with a grain of salt.