CSUDH Discussion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all,

I'm wondering if we can still take pre-reqs while applying for the program. I read something on the website, but I'm not sure if that counts for applying next year. If so, that totally messed up my plan. :(
No, you have to have all prereqs completed by the application deadline.

Members don't see this ad.

congrats to all of you guys who got in!! :) i was just curious, for the ones who got acceptance letters, do you guys live in california? or in different states? thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks! :) i got an interview, so hopefully it goes well! is csudh your guys' first choice?

thanks! :) i got an interview, so hopefully it goes well! is csudh your guys' first choice?

Yes, it's my first choice. Good luck with your interview! I'm sure it will go well and I hope you'll have good news to share soon!

To anyone who is interested, the following is the possible schedule for Spring 2015 semester 1. Blocks with the same color are the same class, so you'll only take one of the 3 possible time slots. I did this really quick just to get an idea what the schedule might look like, so it very well may contain mistakes.
View attachment 186195

I tried opening the attachment but it stated:

Student Doctor Network - Error
The requested attachment could not be found.

Not sure if anyone else is having that problem- but just wanted to give you a heads up.

thanks for throwing that document together- im excited to take a look at our possible class schedule

To anyone who is interested, the following is the possible schedule for Spring 2015 semester 1. Blocks with the same color are the same class, so you'll only take one of the 3 possible time slots. I did this really quick just to get an idea what the schedule might look like, so it very well may contain mistakes.

*the green block (3-4:30 and 4:30-7) seems like a mistake on the class times, because they should be the same length. My guess is that it's more like 4:30-6
upload_2014-10-14_15-32-5.png

Reactions: 2 users
I tried opening the attachment but it stated:

Student Doctor Network - Error
The requested attachment could not be found.

Not sure if anyone else is having that problem- but just wanted to give you a heads up.

thanks for throwing that document together- im excited to take a look at our possible class schedule
just corrected it

Thanks for this! Did you get this from the schedule of classes on myCSUDH?

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't the acceptance letter say to ignore the schedule posted on the university and wait until we receive it from Mr. Castruita? Because the classes are divided by the first letter of the last name?

Didn't the acceptance letter say to ignore the schedule posted on the university and wait until we receive it from Mr. Castruita? Because the classes are divided by the first letter of the last name?
I only did it to get a general idea what a week COULD look like at CSUDH

The charting looks great! . its nice to have a general idea of what our schedules may be like.! . great work !

Congrats to all that got in! I have my interview tomorrow. This is definitely my top choice so I hope I make it in!

Don't worry. Hopefully you'll hear back soon!!! Keep the spirits up!!

Has anyone here gotten an e-mail yet from Sam about registration yet? Just wondering if anyone's gotten confirmation that the staff got their acceptance forms in the mail.

Has anyone here gotten an e-mail yet from Sam about registration yet? Just wondering if anyone's gotten confirmation that the staff got their acceptance forms in the mail.

I received an email from Sam about 2 days after they received my letter/check. in it he stated that registration stuff won’t be sent out until late November/early December

When did you send in your acceptance form? I sent mine in last week, and they still haven't gotten it.

Update: Never mind, I just got an e-mail from Sam that they received it. Now to wait for the schedule!

Last edited:
To people who were interviewed: do you guys have any idea when they'll start sending out acceptance/ rejection letters?

Does anyone know how financial aid works for people who got in? Was I supposed to apply for aid before march of 2014?

Has anyone who interviewed with the department received an acceptance/rejection letter yet? Also, for the people who got accepted already without an interview, did you see any change on your my.csudh.edu portal? I have my mail sent to my parents house and was wondering what happens if your acceptance letter gets lost in the mail and you don't respond in the timeframe provided.

They give you a time frame to respond, and if you don't send you confirmation of acceptance they give your spot to someone in the alternate list. I received the letter of acceptance before my status changed to admitted to the university.

Reactions: 1 user
They give you a time frame to respond, and if you don't send you confirmation of acceptance they give your spot to someone in the alternate list. I received the letter of acceptance before my status changed to admitted to the university.

Thank you for the explanation. Do you happen to remember how long after you received the letter your status changed on my.csudh.edu portal? I've been checking my status everyday.

Last edited:
Thank you for the explanation. Do you happen to remember how long after you received the letter your status changed on my.csudh.edu portal? I've been checking my status everyday.

Not exactly, but it was at least a week. Why don't you contact Miss Lisa? She may be able to give you more information if you explain your situation.

hey guys, i was just wondering how long after the interview did you get an acceptance/rejection letter? dying of anticipation right now lol

hey guys, i was just wondering how long after the interview did you get an acceptance/rejection letter? dying of anticipation right now lol

I'm not sure if they sent out the acceptance letters for those who have interviewed yet. When I spoke to Ms.Langford after my interview she said final decisions should be made by mid-November. The anticipation is killing me too! I'm expecting to hear back from CSUDH and another OT program mid-November, but it doesn't stop me from freaking out when I get my mail. Good luck to us all! :)

I'm not sure if they sent out the acceptance letters for those who have interviewed yet. When I spoke to Ms.Langford after my interview she said final decisions should be made by mid-November. The anticipation is killing me too! I'm expecting to hear back from CSUDH and another OT program mid-November, but it doesn't stop me from freaking out when I get my mail. Good luck to us all! :)
Good luck to you!! :) Let us know the good news when it comes!!

Random question for my fellow future ot-ers! :) why is Dominguez hills your top choice (if it is)? Convenience/cost or some other reason?

I was very impressed by the description of the program from the information session. Dominguez is definitely my first choice. I like that the program looks at the entire lifespan (I know others do too, but I was excited at how it was described at Dominguez) and that you have a lot of clinical practice.

Congratulations to those accepted! You're on for a great journey!! Hard at times (oh, yesss) but definitely worth it. Enjoy the time before it begins, because it'll be non-stop and a crazy at times from Jan 2015 till the end. You're in a great program! (I'm a bit biased though :) ) Congrats again!

*the green block (3-4:30 and 4:30-7) seems like a mistake on the class times, because they should be the same length. My guess is that it's more like 4:30-6
View attachment 186196

You'll be grouped in 3 'sections' depending on your last name... if your last name starts with A, B, C..etc you'll be on section 1, so you'll take all the 'section 1' courses (of course, on those that are divided). Similarly, if your last name starts with U, V, W, etc you'll likely be in section 3... If your last name starts with a letter somewhere in the middle, you'll have to wait to know for which section you'll be in.
Hopefully that gives you an idea as to what your schedule might look like

You'll be grouped in 3 'sections' depending on your last name... if your last name starts with A, B, C..etc you'll be on section 1, so you'll take all the 'section 1' courses (of course, on those that are divided). Similarly, if your last name starts with U, V, W, etc you'll likely be in section 3... If your last name starts with a letter somewhere in the middle, you'll have to wait to know for which section you'll be in.
Hopefully that gives you an idea as to what your schedule might look like
Thanks for the info! I have a question for you in terms of being a student there. So I haven't been in school for about 3 years now, and for business purposes an iPad works perfect for me, super portable and I can get all my work done, but for the MSOT program would you say I should trade in my iPad for a laptop (probably macbook pro or air) or do you think an iPad would do the trick? If we're just taking notes and making power points, the iPad is great, but if we write a lot of research papers and stuff then I think a laptop would be better. What's your thought?

Thanks for the info! I have a question for you in terms of being a student there. So I haven't been in school for about 3 years now, and for business purposes an iPad works perfect for me, super portable and I can get all my work done, but for the MSOT program would you say I should trade in my iPad for a laptop (probably macbook pro or air) or do you think an iPad would do the trick? If we're just taking notes and making power points, the iPad is great, but if we write a lot of research papers and stuff then I think a laptop would be better. What's your thought?

hmm.. it depends on what you prefer, but you'll have a lot of presentations and a lot of papers to write (specifically 2 research proposals and 2 research papers which can have 40, 50 or more pages)... a lot of my classmates had both, an iPad for note taking and lecture PowerPoint, and a computer for papers. That's probably the best, since taking the computer everywhere can be a hassle (though, you'll probably do most of your papers on campus with your group). I personally only had a laptop and I was fine. So, in my opinion, if you have to chose between an iPad and a computer, I would go for the computer...since you'll be able to do everything on it.

What was the most challenging class you've had so far (and what made it so challenging)? And how is the social scene? Are there groups/organizations that we can join?

What was the most challenging class you've had so far (and what made it so challenging)? And how is the social scene? Are there groups/organizations that we can join?

That's a tricky question to answer... I guess it mostly depends on your background. Many students who have backgrounds in the social sciences, humanities, child development, etc found classes such as Kinesiology, neuroscience, and topics related to physical disabilities (adult and gerontology semesters) more challenging. Those with backgrounds in kinesiology, biology, etc found those classes less challenging but may have had more difficulties with pediatric topics or mental health. The curriculum is so varied that no matter what your background is, you'll find some classes more difficult than others, but overall, they are all presented in a way that your background shouldn't be a disadvantage. Personally, I didn't find one specific class more difficult than the others..but rather, some just were more time consuming than others (time management skills are crucial).
In terms of social scene, CSUDH is a relatively small, commuting, school and there isn't much going on campus (besides, OT students seem to somehow isolate themselves from the rest of the school lol ). But if you want to get involved, SOTA (student occupational therapy association) is a great student-run organization which you can get involved with. They coordinate social and academic events (volunteer opportunities, social events, fundraisers, etc).

Has anyone received any good news after their interview yet? The wait is eating away at me.

Has anyone received any good news after their interview yet? The wait is eating away at me.

Same! I hope they let us know soon! For those of you who have already been accepted, when is the orientation?

Same! I hope they let us know soon! For those of you who have already been accepted, when is the orientation?

Hello!! I've been lurking on this forum a bit, but just wanted to share that I am still waiting as well! I had my interview October 21st. I have never been more anxious to receive mail!

:boom:I heard people received rejection letters today everybody. I hope I have some good news waiting for me at home.

:boom:I heard people received rejection letters today everybody. I hope I have some good news waiting for me at home.

Oh no :( How did you find that out? I just checked my mail and still no letter. I guess that's a good thing since they're sending out rejection letters... Again, good luck everyone! :)

Oh no :( How did you find that out? I just checked my mail and still no letter. I guess that's a good thing since they're sending out rejection letters... Again, good luck everyone! :)

I talked with two different people that applied and both received their letters today.