Program-Specific Info / Q's CSUDH MSOT 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nacocomo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I had not seen a specific thread for CSUDH 2016-2017 applicants to share information this cycle. I thought we could open up the dialogue between applicants who would like to share updates about their application as we all play the waiting game.

I know a lot of these posts center around comparing stats between accepted students in order to gain some sort of insight into our chances..but I have spoken with many students who affirm that this process is pretty arbitrary. High scores and stats do not guarantee your place on the accepted student list, and lower scores do not automatically discount you. I like to keep this in mind when reading/sharing application stats.

Let's all encourage each other through this process and not become discouraged through comparison.

Best of luck to you all! :)

- Nicole

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone!

I had not seen a specific thread for CSUDH 2016-2017 applicants to share information this cycle. I thought we could open up the dialogue between applicants who would like to share updates about their application as we all play the waiting game.

I know a lot of these posts center around comparing stats between accepted students in order to gain some sort of insight into our chances..but I have spoken with many students who affirm that this process is pretty arbitrary. High scores and stats do not guarantee your place on the accepted student list, and lower scores do not automatically discount you. I like to keep this in mind when reading/sharing application stats.

Let's all encourage each other through this process and not become discouraged through comparison.

Best of luck to you all! :)

- Nicole

So glad you made this! I finally got an account on with website - I've been a silent reader on these forums for a while now. I figured I'd need some support and feedback from other people going through the same thing. Waiting has been excruciating already and there's still a long way to go! I've been guilty of reading stats and feeling not so great about mine, but who knows. If any of you feel that way, you're not alone. Seriously, best luck to all of us. =)

Reactions: 1 user
So glad you made this! I finally got an account on with website - I've been a silent reader on these forums for a while now. I figured I'd need some support and feedback from other people going through the same thing. Waiting has been excruciating already and there's still a long way to go! I've been guilty of reading stats and feeling not so great about mine, but who knows. If any of you feel that way, you're not alone. Seriously, best luck to all of us. =)
I too have been anxiously waiting to hear back from the department. I was surprised to hear that people have already received acceptance letters. Congrats! Hopefully I will be joining C13 with all of you.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I too have been anxiously waiting to hear back from the department. I was surprised to hear that people have already received acceptance letters. Congrats! Hopefully I will be joining C13 with all of you.

I know it is very stressful to wait and hear back. Don't lose hope! I was actually rejected last year, but I reapplied this year and was admitted! I was very surprised to hear back so soon.

Good luck everyone :) Let me know if I can answer any questions you may have.

Reactions: 1 user
I know it is very stressful to wait and hear back. Don't lose hope! I was actually rejected last year, but I reapplied this year and was admitted! I was very surprised to hear back so soon.

Good luck everyone :) Let me know if I can answer any questions you may have.
Good to hear! Was there anything that you did differently?

Thank you!! It's still pretty early, so hang on! Congrats @nacocomo! :) And same here, if anyone as questions, feel free to ask.