CSULA Post-bacc Option I Academic Enhancer Fall 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littlethings

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone here applied to this program. It's been super quiet this year although I see some threads from previous years. I called to try to confirm the receipt of my application, but they couldn't confirm whether or not it's been received....a little nerve-wracking! Wondering if anyone has been successful in confirming their application was received. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email from them providing CIN and PIN # but other than that, I haven't heard anything either

I'm applying for Option 2, but the admission process seems to be the exact same. I received my CIN and PIN too, and when I log in, my admissions status says "Incomplete" and has a little yellow triangle next to it.

I called the graduate office to ask whether they received my transcripts and they said they hadn't. BUT, she said that I shouldn't worry because it can take up to a month to process. Not sure if the same is true for the post-bac office itself.

Members don't see this ad :)
where do you find "admission status"? I'm trying to look for it and all I found was "quick launch" on the right

You're in the right place, you just have to do a little bit of digging:

Under Quicklaunch, click on GET. It will redirect you to another menu, click on "Self service." Then you click on "Student Center" and that brings you to the page where it'll tell you your application status (it's at the bottom of the page).

Reactions: 1 user
applicant here, my app also says "incomplete"

Hi guys! I also applied to option 1. I sent in my app last month, as well as the transcripts and the uni (not the program) never received one of my transcripts. I called the post bac office and they were over to forward my transcripts to the admissions office for scanning. They said my app is good, but my status still says "incomplete". Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Thank you all! I ended up e-mailing "healthcareers at calstatela.edu" and got a confirmation after a few days that the supporting documents were received. Might be a good option if you are still in limbo.

I called both the post-bac office and the graduate office yesterday and both of them said they had all of my application materials... yet my application status is still "incomplete." I'm guessing this is normal. Does anyone have a "complete" status?

I was told the same thing...This waiting game is killing me. Any of you has any idea of when we will hear back?

From their website: "Admissions decisions are finalized in mid-May." Hope that is the case!

Not sure exactly when it happened, but my application status says "complete" now. :)

Status changed to "complete" :woot:

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow it took me a while to figure out GET but mine is complete too :) hope this means we will hear back soon.

Did anyone get a positive review call? On past message boards people have gotten them as early as June 6 back when they used to release the decisions mid-June. Not sure if they're gonna do it this year since their two main advisors (Alex and Elba) are no longer in the program. Best of luck to everyone!

I haven't heard anything at all. Have any of you heard any updates?

I haven't heard anything. I check the status of my application daily, too...

hey guys ! I am new to this forum
I called today and they told me that they will be sending out emails next week

hey guys ! I am new to this forum
I called today and they told me that they will be sending out emails next week

Oh god oh god oh god oh god... Thanks for asking! Good luck to everyone. Please post as soon as you get an answer!

My status still says "initiated." Does anyone still have this or "incomplete"? The graduate studies admissions staff said that they are still processing the application and not to worry...

My status still says "initiated." Does anyone still have this or "incomplete"? The graduate studies admissions staff said that they are still processing the application and not to worry...

Hey my account also says that ..."initiated"

what does that mean ?

what does that mean ?

The exact words of the admissions staff is that "they are still pending applications, so please be patient. We have everything we need from you on our end." So, basically the "initiated" isn't a cause for concern. I don't think it impacts whether the program sees our application. From what I've heard from other posts in past message boards, the graduate admissions process is separate from the program admissions process. In other words, you might be accepted into the program, but it may take a while for the graduate admissions status to reflect that.

The exact words of the admissions staff is that "they are still pending applications, so please be patient. We have everything we need from you on our end." So, basically the "initiated" isn't a cause for concern. I don't think it impacts whether the program sees our application. From what I've heard from other posts in past message boards, the graduate admissions process is separate from the program admissions process. In other words, you might be accepted into the program, but it may take a while for the graduate admissions status to reflect that.
Thank you so much !

I called today and they said that they will let us know if we were admitted into the program mid may

Thanks for keeping us posted. That means we should hear by next week, hopefully. I am really anxious to hear back. I only applied here due to location, price...

Just got off the phone with them. I called to ask whether they would send admissions decisions to our csula emails, or to our personal emails, and the woman on the phone said to keep a special eye on the csula email, though it could be sent to both. She also said they were sending out decisions "very soon, probably by next week."

Not sure what to expect anymore...

thank you for updating us. It would be really great if they had a set decision date rather than have us all waiting. i have been refreshing my email non stop these last two weeks...I really hope to have an answer by next week.

Accepted! (Option 2,though) Good luck to everyone else!

! I got accepted also!!

My stats:
UCLA Psychobiology B.S.
Cum. GPA: 3.47. Major GPA: 3.33. Sci. GPA: 3.02.
3 years volunteering at a clinic, 1 year volunteering at a hospital, 1 year as a research assistant, 1+ years currently working as Certified Clinical Medical Assistant.
Socioeconomically disadvantaged, educationally disadvantaged, and first-generation college student.

Obviously, my science gpa wasn't spectacular; I think what helped my application was my personal statement, extracurriculars, and perhaps my background as a first-generation college student.

Good luck to everyone else!

Last edited:
Applied to Record Enhancer program (Option I)
My stats:
UCLA Biology major
cGPA: 3.46 sGPA: 3.29

1 year volunteering at nursing home, 2 years of hospital volunteering, 1 year as a research assistant, 2 years as medical assistant.
Socioeconomically disadvantaged, educationally disadvantaged, and first person in the family going to college.

Good luck and can't wait to meet everyone there~

P/s: Does anyone know if MCAT prep will be incorporated into the program?

Per the program advisor, MCAT prep is incorporated into the Career Changer Option 2 program, but not for Academic Enhancer. They used to have it for Academic Enhancers two years ago, but they no longer have the grant money to support it.

My stats:
UCLA Biology major

1 year volunteering at nursing home, 2 years of hospital volunteering, 1 year as a research assistant, 2 years as medical assistant.
Socioeconomically disadvantaged, educationally disadvantaged, and first person in the family going to college.

Per the program advisor, MCAT prep is incorporated into the Career Changer Option 2 program, but not for Academic Enhancer. They used to have it for Academic Enhancers two years ago, but they no longer have the grant money to support it.

those of you who got accepted, did you figure out about your housing situation yet?

Can anyone who's completed this program perhaps give me any feedback on how they liked it/ if it helped them get accepted to medical schools of their choice? Thanks for the insight!

Can anyone who's completed this program perhaps give me any feedback on how they liked it/ if it helped them get accepted to medical schools of their choice? Thanks for the insight!
I would also like to hear some input on CSULA post bacc! Are you planning to apply to post bacc programs as well?

My stats:
UCLA Biology major

I’m currently in the Option 1 program for the 2017-2018 year. I was hoping to get input on your progress now that you’ve finished the program. Are you satisfied with your time at CSULA and do you think it increased your chances of getting into medical school? Please let me know if you applied this 2017 cycle and if you got interviews/acceptances! Thank you!

I'm commuting from home.

I’m currently in the Option 1 program for the 2017-2018 year. I was hoping to get input on your progress now that you’ve finished the program. Are you satisfied with your time at CSULA and do you think it increased your chances of getting into medical school? Please let me know if you applied this 2017 cycle and if you got interviews/acceptances! Thank you!