CT Anesthesia Fellowship Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VolatileDr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question for any cardiac folks out there, I'm kind of confused by the whole central application service that the SF match offers. Some programs have explicit information on their webpages that say they participate in this service and you should fill this out for their application, while others mention nothing about the CAS and have their own fellowship application their page. Some even mention a few words about participating in the SF match, but no details about which application they prefer. Does anyone know what is truly preferred or what applicants should do? Do I fill out individual program applications and send those out, or wait until the SF match registration opens and do the CAS application to be distributed to the programs? I know the SF match seems to allow registration to begin in mid-November, but when is recommended to apply, especially for those who have their own applications?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

When I applied a couple years ago, I submitted individual applications to each program. There wasn't a common app. Not sure if that has changed since (hopefully it has). The SF match registration was only for the match.

Hey, many programs have not updated their website to reflect the new application process. Some ask for supplemental info and some are asking for completely separate applications. For the programs that had required application documents listed on the website, I called directly. Some programs said yes please just send in a few extra things, some said yes we want an additional application, and some said no don't worry about it the sf match info is enough. Each program is different. Either shoot them an email or call to clarify what they would like.

I made a check list for each program on an excellent sheet to keep things straight. Then, I made a master zip file with all of my documents in it. Then made separate zip files for each program and sent them out as needed. It's a pain, but being organized and getting your app completed early will help u out.

...excellent was supposed to be excel (haha darn autocorrect, not that proud of my spreadsheet)