CU Denver

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eheck

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received my acceptance to CU Denver's DPT program and was wondering if anyone else has and what their thoughts are? I'm really excited about the program. However I'm a bit nervous/hesitant about being the first cohort to try their new curriculum and doing 8 months of an internship AFTER graduation.

Members don't see this ad.

congrats eheck! i haven't been notified yet... i hope they gave out denials with the first round of offers; at least i can then assume i am not out completely. CU is actually my top choice, and the internship aspect is really exciting to me. i feel that they will do well to prepare students for that transition.

denied... wow. that took me by a little bit of a surprise. not even waitlisted. what a wonderful valentine's day.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations OP! Good program with some new, up-and-coming passiontate profs and adjunct faculty. Campus continues to grow and is progressive too. I attended the other Colorado PT program. Can't go wrong with either. Programs will slowly be moving toward the internship after graduation; why not be a first? Also, audiologists do this too (except they are paid...).

I just received my acceptance to CU Denver's DPT program and was wondering if anyone else has and what their thoughts are? I'm really excited about the program. However I'm a bit nervous/hesitant about being the first cohort to try their new curriculum and doing 8 months of an internship AFTER graduation.

I wasn't aware of the internship after graduation - can you explain this a little bit more? CU is currently my top choice as well.

I wasn't aware of the internship after graduation - can you explain this a little bit more? CU is currently my top choice as well.

I was also accepted and will be attending CU! The new internship set-up is a year long, paid internship...you complete 16 weeks of it while you're still a student, then you graduate, take the board exam, and complete 7-8 more months as a licensed PT. The program itself is slightly shorter than before, and you are paid for the whole internship, even before you graduate (but not a full PT salary). I was also hesitant at first, but I think the guarantee of having consistent one-on-one mentorship as a new grad will make it extremely beneficial. I have heard great things from previous students about the quality of clinical education within the program, so I am excited about the new curriculum model.

I was also accepted and will be attending CU! The new internship set-up is a year long, paid internship...you complete 16 weeks of it while you're still a student, then you graduate, take the board exam, and complete 7-8 more months as a licensed PT. The program itself is slightly shorter than before, and you are paid for the whole internship, even before you graduate (but not a full PT salary). I was also hesitant at first, but I think the guarantee of having consistent one-on-one mentorship as a new grad will make it extremely beneficial. I have heard great things from previous students about the quality of clinical education within the program, so I am excited about the new curriculum model.

That's exciting - thanks for the information!